• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Starting May 1st, all existing customers will have unlimited data, text and talking (including these with non -simple monthly plan.). Of course, pre-paid/pay per call are excluded. Perfect time to hook my retiring google/OBITalk to my cellphone.
 

T-Mobile
Need a T-Mobile coupon that earns Up to $60.00 FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
my billing cycle start on Jun 26 for a family plan. But now I have not seen any change yet. Does anyone have the same pr... (more)

shonick (Jun. 27, 2014 @ 8:41p) |

no news anyone? Mine is still the same.

shonick (Jul. 03, 2014 @ 6:39p) |

as some of the members quoted above, you would need a plan beforehand to get the unlimited talk and text. So for example... (more)

Megazeroxuxm (Jul. 17, 2014 @ 9:34p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It's been unlimited for a while now?  The only thing is they'll throttle the speed down once you hit your allotment base on what 4G LTE plan you're on.  

rated:
Yeah, not sure what changes. Seems like the same plan that has been available for awhile.

rated:
the good news is that tmobile is doing away with their 2G network aka EDGE the slowest ever.

rated:
raadical said:   the good news is that tmobile is doing away with their 2G network aka EDGE the slowest ever.
 

  
Really? So when they throttle you, it will now be to 3G?

rated:
raadical said:   the good news is that tmobile is doing away with their 2G network aka EDGE the slowest ever.
  
Actually they still have some GPRS sites which are even slower

And yeah it's pathetic for 2014.

rated:
raadical said:   the good news is that tmobile is doing away with their 2G network aka EDGE the slowest ever.
  I agree that it is high time that T-Mobile is finally going to upgrade their ancient rural networks that haven't been touched in over a decade. EDGE is slow, but it is much better than what was out there before, GPRS. EDGE is better than nothing in the rural area I work in, but it really does limit data activity to checking Email and text based sites.

rated:
Problem here is with grandfathered plans. I have 1000 minute family plan and just spoke to csr. When I run out of minutes, my phone will stop working. Period. They give 200 bonus minutes once, but that is it.

Same idea with SMS. I do not generally use them and if I do, just pay 20-25c. Now I will not be able to send/receive sms unless I add messaging bundle to my plan. Goodbuy reminders from doctor's office.

Upgrading to unlimited plans does not make financial sense for me, paying around $40 more every month for what I most likely not going to use is never fun.

Tmobile - this sucks big time for me.

rated:
It appears its only for those that are NOT on a simple monthly plan.  Please update title.  No assumptions.

rated:
Correct. Its for customers that have been grandfathered to old/classic limited plans. Some customers are receiving emails. Here's a small snippet of it:
------
They're wrong and they're gone.
Here’s another big change, and this one is just for our most loyal customers. We’re eliminating overage charges, so your current talk, text, and data* services will now be unlimited in the U.S.— at no additional cost.
blah blah...
------

rated:
mrcoolcat said:   Correct. Its for customers that have been grandfathered to old/classic limited plans. Some customers are receiving emails. Here's a small snippet of it:
------
They're wrong and they're gone.
Here’s another big change, and this one is just for our most loyal customers. We’re eliminating overage charges, so your current talk, text, and data* services will now be unlimited in the U.S.— at no additional cost.
blah blah...
------

So the wording is kind of vague to me. I have a 1000 minute family plan with unlimited texting and the default pay-per-use dataplan on all plans. Does this change mean i have unlimited minutes and free data? That just sounds odd. Good if true

rated:
bogdatov said:   Problem here is with grandfathered plans. I have 1000 minute family plan and just spoke to csr. When I run out of minutes, my phone will stop working. Period. They give 200 bonus minutes once, but that is it.

Same idea with SMS. I do not generally use them and if I do, just pay 20-25c. Now I will not be able to send/receive sms unless I add messaging bundle to my plan. Goodbuy reminders from doctor's office.

Upgrading to unlimited plans does not make financial sense for me, paying around $40 more every month for what I most likely not going to use is never fun.

Tmobile - this sucks big time for me.

I don't think that rep was correct.

I got the email. It said nothing about phone being cut off once you reach your minutes. I would think they would have to tell you that.

http://how-to.t-mobile.com/no-overages/?cm_ven=CRM%20Adhoc%20Ema... 

vgachi57 said:   
So the wording is kind of vague to me. I have a 1000 minute family plan with unlimited texting and the default pay-per-use dataplan on all plans. Does this change mean i have unlimited minutes and free data? That just sounds odd. Good if true
That would be sweet but they specifically mention pay-per use.

*Data may be slowed after plan allotment is met.
No overages for US domestic calls, text, and data. Pay Per Use features may still incur charges. See brochures and Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at www.T-Mobile.com for additional information. 

 
 

rated:
I received the email and it leaves me with lots of questions. What speed is the data? What is the amount of data where they start throttling 4g to 3g. What happens to my Blackberry plan. What happens if I change equipment to a Droid or iPhone? I think the bottom line is that they new many like myself were about to jump ship as Tmobile has done nothing to encourage us to stay for a couple of years. They did away with the subsidized phone perk which was the only perk they offered loyal customers. If the plan actually is any good then this is just a clever way of marketing their customer retention plan.

rated:
bogdatov said:   Problem here is with grandfathered plans. I have 1000 minute family plan and just spoke to csr. When I run out of minutes, my phone will stop working. Period. They give 200 bonus minutes once, but that is it.

Same idea with SMS. I do not generally use them and if I do, just pay 20-25c. Now I will not be able to send/receive sms unless I add messaging bundle to my plan. Goodbuy reminders from doctor's office.

Upgrading to unlimited plans does not make financial sense for me, paying around $40 more every month for what I most likely not going to use is never fun.

Tmobile - this sucks big time for me.

what type of family plan do you have that goes for $40 with at least two lines?  

rated:
I called and spoke to a rep in Seattle... I'm on a really old plan 600 mins between 2 lines, unlimited data and SMS only (not MMS).  I asked if this meant I'd have unlimited voice/talk and text (including MMS) and he said yes.  That's the point of "no more overages".  This doesn't go in to affect until 5/1 or the end of your billing cycle in May (which is what he told me).  So I guess I'll wait and see.  It'll be really really stupid if they just cut you off after your minutes are up.

rated:
fatgempler said:   I received the email and it leaves me with lots of questions. What speed is the data? What is the amount of data where they start throttling 4g to 3g. What happens to my Blackberry plan. What happens if I change equipment to a Droid or iPhone.
Nothing changes with your current plans.  This is about overage charges being eliminated.  It has nothing to do with equipment. The speed of your data doesn't change unless you go over your plan.  If you go over your data it will be throttled down. Read the links.
fatgempler said:   I think the bottom line is that they new many like myself were about to jump ship as Tmobile has done nothing to encourage us to stay for a couple of years. They did away with the subsidized phone perk which was the only perk they offered loyal customers. If the plan actually is any good then this is just a clever way of marketing their customer retention plan.
They gave me a $20 month loyalty discount.  No other provider could come close to what I am paying for my TMo service.  I'm not jumping anywhere.
one68 said:   I called and spoke to a rep in Seattle... I'm on a really old plan 600 mins between 2 lines, unlimited data and SMS only (not MMS).  I asked if this meant I'd have unlimited voice/talk and text (including MMS) and he said yes.  That's the point of "no more overages".  This doesn't go in to affect until 5/1 or the end of your billing cycle in May (which is what he told me).  So I guess I'll wait and see.  It'll be really really stupid if they just cut you off after your minutes are up.
Exactly. I don't know why this is confusing for people.  

  

rated:
Like others, have been with Tmobile forever and a have a grandfathered "Fives" plan on two lines. Will be interested in seeing how this goes.  I think it will be an upgrade.  A few months ago, after I finally figured out what  Tmobile's new plans were actually offering, it worked out to leave our grandfathered plan and go to a new simple plan. But since we are on a contract for our phones for another 18 months, we would have had to have paid a cancellation fee of 200 a phone. Seems weird since we are changing plans in the same company but I confirmed it with a supervisor. I think the number on people on old two year contracts and those not has finally reached a tipping point where it isn't cost effective to keep people in the old plans. I'm hoping this also gives us a way out of 18 month contract should the changes not be beneficial. I think changing the plan would count as changing the original contract and give us an out. We'll see.

rated:
bru20 said:   
fatgempler said:   I received the email and it leaves me with lots of questions. What speed is the data? What is the amount of data where they start throttling 4g to 3g. What happens to my Blackberry plan. What happens if I change equipment to a Droid or iPhone.
Nothing changes with your current plans.  This is about overage charges being eliminated.  It has nothing to do with equipment. The speed of your data doesn't change unless you go over your plan.  If you go over your data it will be throttled down. Read the links.
fatgempler said:   I think the bottom line is that they new many like myself were about to jump ship as Tmobile has done nothing to encourage us to stay for a couple of years. They did away with the subsidized phone perk which was the only perk they offered loyal customers. If the plan actually is any good then this is just a clever way of marketing their customer retention plan.
They gave me a $20 month loyalty discount.  No other provider could come close to what I am paying for my TMo service.  I'm not jumping anywhere.
one68 said:   I called and spoke to a rep in Seattle... I'm on a really old plan 600 mins between 2 lines, unlimited data and SMS only (not MMS).  I asked if this meant I'd have unlimited voice/talk and text (including MMS) and he said yes.  That's the point of "no more overages".  This doesn't go in to affect until 5/1 or the end of your billing cycle in May (which is what he told me).  So I guess I'll wait and see.  It'll be really really stupid if they just cut you off after your minutes are up.
Exactly. I don't know why this is confusing for people.  

  

  Not clear where you are getting your information from.  I read the email they sent and followed all the links but information was completely absent.  I have Blackberry unlimited email but no data.  Can I drop the blackberry part of my plan and my no data becomes unlimited 4g and then switch to a droid or iPhone? Nobody seems to know for use, but the worst that can happen is that I try it for a month a switch if it is not all that it promises to be given their limited description.

rated:
MillionairesNextDoor said:   Like others, have been with Tmobile forever and a have a grandfathered "Fives" plan on two lines. Will be interested in seeing how this goes.  I think it will be an upgrade.  A few months ago, after I finally figured out what  Tmobile's new plans were actually offering, it worked out to leave our grandfathered plan and go to a new simple plan. But since we are on a contract for our phones for another 18 months, we would have had to have paid a cancellation fee of 200 a phone. Seems weird since we are changing plans in the same company but I confirmed it with a supervisor. I think the number on people on old two year contracts and those not has finally reached a tipping point where it isn't cost effective to keep people in the old plans. I'm hoping this also gives us a way out of 18 month contract should the changes not be beneficial. I think changing the plan would count as changing the original contract and give us an out. We'll see.
  Contracts are usually the result of getting a subsidized phone.  In essence you are paying for the subsidy with you commitment to stay with the provider for a specified period of time.  The buyout of the contract is the cost of the phone subsidy that was provided to you.  Since Tmobile no longer sells subsidized phones they got rid of service contracts, but that has given way to essentially a loan for the phone that is paid off monthly if not paid in full up front... So even no contract plans commit you to their service as you have to pay off the phone loan if you have one and want to jump ship.  Pretty much a shell game, or just clever marketing.

rated:
I hope anyone can help me with this - I pay $10 extra for my data plan, does it mean after May 1st I can cancel that $10 and I will still be able to get data via cellular connection? TIA

rated:
andresaur said:   I hope anyone can help me with this - I pay $10 extra for my data plan, does it mean after May 1st I can cancel that $10 and I will still be able to get data via cellular connection? TIA
  That is indeed the question, and reading what is being posted about it the answer is still unclear.
When they say no overage charges does that mean you first have to be on a plan to have overage charges or without a plan you still get nada.
Like you question about data If you are have pay as you go texting (no plan) do they suddenly give you free unlimited texting or do you first have to be on a texting plan before they consider the fees 'overages'. There is nothing posted by Tmobile that provide a clear answer.  Will have to wait and see...

rated:
T-Mobile is not as good as them seem. The throttle you down...

rated:
No $30 prepaid amnesty. No bueno.I know prepaid is excluded, but still. If Legere is going to talk smack, make it for all revenue centers for T-Mo.

Discrimination! Lol (I'm not serious, chill)

rated:
fatgempler said:   
andresaur said:   I hope anyone can help me with this - I pay $10 extra for my data plan, does it mean after May 1st I can cancel that $10 and I will still be able to get data via cellular connection? TIA
  That is indeed the question, and reading what is being posted about it the answer is still unclear.
When they say no overage charges does that mean you first have to be on a plan to have overage charges or without a plan you still get nada.
Like you question about data If you are have pay as you go texting (no plan) do they suddenly give you free unlimited texting or do you first have to be on a texting plan before they consider the fees 'overages'. There is nothing posted by Tmobile that provide a clear answer.  Will have to wait and see...

  If you read the fine print in the link from the email they sent: "No overages for US domestic calls, text, and data.  Pay Per Use features may still incur charges. "    So I interpret this to mean that if you have a limit to phone calls and fees after you exceed that limit, then the fees are gone.  But if you pay by the text message because you dont have a messaging plan, then you still pay by the text message because it is pay by use. You need to be on some plan to get this benefit, not pay by use.  But we will need to see if this interpretation is accurate after May 1.

rated:
MillionairesNextDoor said:   Like others, have been with Tmobile forever and a have a grandfathered "Fives" plan on two lines. Will be interested in seeing how this goes.  I think it will be an upgrade.  A few months ago, after I finally figured out what  Tmobile's new plans were actually offering, it worked out to leave our grandfathered plan and go to a new simple plan. But since we are on a contract for our phones for another 18 months, we would have had to have paid a cancellation fee of 200 a phone. Seems weird since we are changing plans in the same company but I confirmed it with a supervisor. I think the number on people on old two year contracts and those not has finally reached a tipping point where it isn't cost effective to keep people in the old plans. I'm hoping this also gives us a way out of 18 month contract should the changes not be beneficial. I think changing the plan would count as changing the original contract and give us an out. We'll see.
  Is your savings over the next 18 months not going to be more than $200?

rated:
xpolarx said:   
bogdatov said:   Problem here is with grandfathered plans. I have 1000 minute family plan and just spoke to csr. When I run out of minutes, my phone will stop working. Period. They give 200 bonus minutes once, but that is it.

Same idea with SMS. I do not generally use them and if I do, just pay 20-25c. Now I will not be able to send/receive sms unless I add messaging bundle to my plan. Goodbuy reminders from doctor's office.

Upgrading to unlimited plans does not make financial sense for me, paying around $40 more every month for what I most likely not going to use is never fun.

Tmobile - this sucks big time for me.

what type of family plan do you have that goes for $40 with at least two lines?  

  I'm paying $45 for 3 lines for 1000 minutes family plan. No text. I'm not saying I'm $40. I'm saying I WILL be paying $40 or so MORE on Simple Choice plan for 3 lines.

rated:
You must be on a loyalty plan.  If I remember correctly, the smallest family plan they ever had was $49.99 and with a third line it would be $59.99.  Though it may suck for you, I dont know anywhere you can get that deal.  

rated:
Yes. That was $50 for 2 lines -$10 loyalty discount + $5 for 3rd line

rated:
What does "ALL" in caps mean? Apparently the OP thinks that means "some". I'm tired of advertising agencies saying "NO EXCEPTIONS" means "half a page of small type exceptions". Now Fatwallet posters are using the same trick but why? Those of you who voted green prove my point. People actually believe this and don't read the fine print.

rated:
fatgempler said:   
Not clear where you are getting your information from.

From the email I received and the other information available. Starting with June bills there will be no overage charges.  From the email:

You’ll enjoy the same rate you have now, just without incurring overages on your domestic talk, text, and data use. Surf the web, text friends, and call your family, without worrying about surprises on your bill.

Do you have talk, text and data?  No more overage charges.  Only have talk and text?  No more overage charges.  Only have talk?  No more overage charges.  It isn't rocket science.  Or maybe it is.
fatgempler said:   
Not clear where you are getting your information from. I read the email they sent and followed all the links but information was completely absent. I have Blackberry unlimited email but no data. Can I drop the blackberry part of my plan and my no data becomes unlimited 4g and then switch to a droid or iPhone? Nobody seems to know for use, but the worst that can happen is that I try it for a month a switch if it is not all that it promises to be given their limited description.

You keep asking about dropping this or switching that. That's not what this is about. This is about no more overage charges.

For the questions you have talk to T-Mobile.
 

rated:
bru20 said:   
fatgempler said:   
Not clear where you are getting your information from.

From the email I received and the other information available. Starting with June bills there will be no overage charges.  From the email:

You’ll enjoy the same rate you have now, just without incurring overages on your domestic talk, text, and data use. Surf the web, text friends, and call your family, without worrying about surprises on your bill.

Do you have talk, text and data?  No more overage charges.  Only have talk and text?  No more overage charges.  Only have talk?  No more overage charges.  It isn't rocket science.  Or maybe it is.
fatgempler said:   
Not clear where you are getting your information from. I read the email they sent and followed all the links but information was completely absent. I have Blackberry unlimited email but no data. Can I drop the blackberry part of my plan and my no data becomes unlimited 4g and then switch to a droid or iPhone? Nobody seems to know for use, but the worst that can happen is that I try it for a month a switch if it is not all that it promises to be given their limited description.

You keep asking about dropping this or switching that. That's not what this is about. This is about no more overage charges.

For the questions you have talk to T-Mobile.

  If that is correct (no text or data now then no changes apply to you, you still pay as you go) then this change really does not do anything for me and probably anyone else.  It is just good marketing since on the surface it sounds like they are actually giving you something when all they are doing is automating a loyalty program that aids them in retaining customers that occasionally go over their plan limits....  

One net thing that is clear is that they sent you a different email than they sent me.  The most articulate thing they put in my email and the Tmobile.com page it referred to was "No overages for US domestic calls, text, and data.  Pay Per Use features may still incur charges."  The word "may" leaving me with questions already stated....

rated:
fatgempler said:   

  If that is correct (no text or data now then no changes apply to you, you still pay as you go) then this change really does not do anything for me and probably anyone else.  It is just good marketing since on the surface it sounds like they are actually giving you something when all they are doing is automating a loyalty program that aids them in retaining customers that occasionally go over their plan limits....  

One net thing that is clear is that they sent you a different email than they sent me.  The most articulate thing they put in my email and the Tmobile.com page it referred to was "No overages for US domestic calls, text, and data.  Pay Per Use features may still incur charges."  The word "may" leaving me with questions already stated....

It was the same email. Its exactly as it states. No overage charges. Of course if you have no text or data it won't apply since you pay as you go. They specificallty say that.  Although with the legal speak they do leave the door open.  But it will apply to minutes so it will effect anyone with a non unlimited plan.

The other month I went over my minutes and I had to call and they gave me some bonus minutes.  Now I won't have to do that.  Although I doubt it will happen very often.

I'm not sure why you want to read more into it than it is.  Why not wait and see, like you already said.

 

rated:
bru20 said:   
fatgempler said:   

  If that is correct (no text or data now then no changes apply to you, you still pay as you go) then this change really does not do anything for me and probably anyone else.  It is just good marketing since on the surface it sounds like they are actually giving you something when all they are doing is automating a loyalty program that aids them in retaining customers that occasionally go over their plan limits....  

One net thing that is clear is that they sent you a different email than they sent me.  The most articulate thing they put in my email and the Tmobile.com page it referred to was "No overages for US domestic calls, text, and data.  Pay Per Use features may still incur charges."  The word "may" leaving me with questions already stated....

It was the same email. Its exactly as it states. No overage charges. Of course if you have no text or data it won't apply since you pay as you go. They specificallty say that.  Although with the legal speak they do leave the door open.  But it will apply to minutes so it will effect anyone with a non unlimited plan.

The other month I went over my minutes and I had to call and they gave me some bonus minutes.  Now I won't have to do that.  Although I doubt it will happen very often.

I'm not sure why you want to read more into it than it is.  Why not wait and see, like you already said.

 

  I both chatted and called.  You have to be on a plan of any 'bucket' size before they consider charges overages.  So if you have only a voice plan and pay as you go data and text then you only get no overages on voice with the new No Overages plan.  If you have voice and texting plan, no data then you get no overages on voice and texting.  And so on.  So given that their cheapest plan for minutes was 300 for $29.95 and their cheapest plan for texting was $10, then you are still better off with the $40 Simple Choice plan than staying on a grandfathered plan.  The only people that may benefit from this new No Overages are those with multiple lines, and that is even doubtful.  So it amounts to no value at all to me and seems just like a marketing tool.  Probably going to dump Tmobile/Blackberry and put an old unlocked ATT iPhone on MetroPCS unlimited $40 plan (which is really just $40 not $40 plus almost $10 in taxes).

rated:
bogdatov said:   Problem here is with grandfathered plans. I have 1000 minute family plan and just spoke to csr. When I run out of minutes, my phone will stop working. Period. They give 200 bonus minutes once, but that is it.

Same idea with SMS. I do not generally use them and if I do, just pay 20-25c. Now I will not be able to send/receive sms unless I add messaging bundle to my plan. Goodbuy reminders from doctor's office.

Upgrading to unlimited plans does not make financial sense for me, paying around $40 more every month for what I most likely not going to use is never fun.

Tmobile - this sucks big time for me.

  Have you looked at prepaid?  I use Platinum Tel for my personal phone as I have a work phone I do all of my surfing/apps/etc.  PTel Real PayGo is $.05/min + $.02/txt and keep your number.  Yes I hear their support is crappy butI've spent a total of $4.00 on that plan in the last 4 months and it's TMobile towers.

rated:
Nice, 3 for $45. I'm paying $58 for 2 lines with 1000 minutes only. Nothing else not even free weekends. I'm heading to METRO PCS. $40 for 1 line, $70 for 2 with everything.

rated:
That's a great deal

With the new plans you would be paying around $35 more

Have you tried Lycamobile?

They use T-Mobile's network and they charge 0.02 per minute so 1000 min would only be $20 per month for three lines

 

rated:
Yet so many customers gush over it like it's the best thing ever. For people like me who always snatched near-top-end phones for free, the end of phone subsidies means having to choose between great phones and a lot of money (for 4 lines). If you're fine with anything besides the latest iPhone, this is not a deal for deal shoppers.

rated:
xpolarx said:   That's a great deal

With the new plans you would be paying around $35 more

Have you tried Lycamobile?

They use T-Mobile's network and they charge 0.02 per minute so 1000 min would only be $20 per month for three lines

 

You cant compare it like this, because in tmobile many grandfathered plans, including mine, had free nights, weekends and tmobile 2 tmobile calling

rated:
cheapest plan? also can you tether??

Skipping 34 Messages...
rated:
as some of the members quoted above, you would need a plan beforehand to get the unlimited talk and text. So for example, that user's above with the 600 minutes 2 line plan will now have unlimited minutes. But if they don't already have texting.... for example a 1000 text per month plan... then they won't be receiving any upgrades. But if you happen to already have a cheapy texting plan with tmobile, you're good to go!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014