• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

BBC Life 4-Disc Blu-ray Set Narrated by Oprah Winfrey
Disclaimer
BBC Life DVD or BluRay Set with Oprah Winfrey Only $14.99 . Same price for either set and I think that is the cheapest it has ever been.

@ Staples

DVD
http://www.staples.com/BBC-Life-4-Disc-DVD-Set-Narrated-by-Oprah...

Blu-Ray
http://www.staples.com/BBC-Life-4-Disc-Blu-ray-Set-Narrated-by-O...

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

life
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

oos but a quick search on eBay and I got the DVD for just under $13

Wait for the David Attenborough narrated version, there is no comparison in the experience.

life
Disclaimer
horspowr1001 said:   Wait for the David Attenborough narrated version, there is no comparison in the experience.
  Couldn't agree with this more.  If you go to Amazon and look at this item, you'll see that it gets an avg score of ~3.5 but the reviews are very polarized - almost half the reviews are 1-star and the other other are 5-star. If you read them, you'll quickly see that all the 1-star reviews are the Oprah version and all the 5-star reviews are for the Attenborough version.

horspowr1001 said:   Wait for the David Attenborough narrated version, there is no comparison in the experience.
  I've heard the David Attenborough version is much cooler. Is there much difference in the price though? I think I usually see the blu-ray on Amazon UK. 

life
Disclaimer
Virgil27 said:   
  I've heard the David Attenborough version is much cooler. Is there much difference in the price though? I think I usually see the blu-ray on Amazon UK. 

Amazon (US) has it for $25 right now: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1356359/ 

That's about the cheapest I've seen it in a while. Costco had it for $13 about 1.5yrs ago when they were clearing them out, but I haven't see it below $20 since then. I own the Attenborough version and have seen the Oprah version on TV and I would say it's well worth the $10 premium, but to each their own. 

EDIT: I have no idea why it keeps adding the product image to my replies. I can't seem to remove them either.

Agree with getting the David Attenborough edition.

I got Planet Earth which he narrated and it is at 4.5 stars with over 3370 reviews at Amazon.

life
Disclaimer
A good price on the Attenborough narrated Life can vary from $19-24 on sale.   

The import from Amazon UK is Region Free but encoded  50i so unless you know you player is compatible I wouldn't
order it.   If you have a compatible player, the UK set is a little cheaper now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014