Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Screen shot
Disclaimer
Linky

Amazon is selling it for $420.42, but if you go to market place, "ALL e RC" is selling brand new one for $399 with free shipping.

Normally the price is $479

If you already know you need a gimbal for video stablization, the version 2 may be a better deal. †Otherwise, version 1 at this price is not a bad idea. †Also from my understanding, version 1 has much cheaper battery.

Member Summary

quadracopter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These things can climb so fast. I love mine. Bit of a noise issue when shoot, but what can you expect. I never use the audio anyways so it does not make a difference.

no merchant info in title

You can get a 3rd party gimbal for $100 that works really well with the Phantom 1, and the batteries are way cheaper (but half the power). With the gimbal I use, with a GoPro Hero3, I'm getting really stable video.

DJI announced an even newer version (Phantom 2 Vision+) with a better camera, integrated gimbal, and FPV, but it's $1299.

ab2650 said:   You can get a 3rd party gimbal for $100 that works really well with the Phantom 1, and the batteries are way cheaper (but half the power). With the gimbal I use,†with a GoPro Hero3, I'm getting really stable video.

DJI announced an even newer version (Phantom 2 Vision+) with a better camera, integrated gimbal, and FPV, but it's $1299.

† Do you use wifi streaming with your GoPro? I like the Phantom 1 but I thought you could not use the GoPro's wifi capability because it would interfere with the control frequency of the drone.

ab2650 said:   You can get a 3rd party gimbal for $100 that works really well with the Phantom 1, and the batteries are way cheaper (but half the power). With the gimbal I use,†with a GoPro Hero3, I'm getting really stable video.

I bought that one and had to solder the wires to the circuit board to allow me to do manual tilt.† It ended up working pretty well though.

CycleJoe said:   

† Do you use wifi streaming with your GoPro? I like the Phantom 1 but I thought you could not use the GoPro's wifi capability because it would interfere with the control frequency of the drone.

††I was able to use the gopro wifi and still fly straight. I did not notice any interference.

B&H Photo has it for $399.99 with free 4 rechargable AA batteries and rapid charger.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1010830-REG/dji_cp_pt_0000...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014