• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
"Limit 1 offer per transaction."  Shows up at the bottom of page 5 of my local safeway weekly ad.

I used some Amex GC's that I had to buy a $100 Amex GC, so that works too.

$10 shopping credit says one coupon per transaction per day.  I have bought 3 of these $100 Amex cards.  The $10 coupon did not work on buying another Amex alone (not sure the cashier knew what he was doing, however) but it works on all kind of food, etc.  As long as there is $10+ of food in the transaction, you can buy another Amex.

Save $10 off your next shopping visit when you purchase $100 or more in American Express Gift Cards. Offer Valid 4/23 - 5/20/2014. Coupon expires 2 weeks after received. Limit 1 offer per transaction. Subject to availabilty. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product offer may not be available in all states. Use the American Express Gift Card only at US merchants that accept American Express® Cards, except cruise lines and recurring payment. No ATM use. Funds do not expire. Not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Additional limitations apply. See Cardholder Agreement for complete details. Card issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation.

Safeway
See Safeway coupons that earn $7.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

amex
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Deal ended 5/20....

jess888 (Jun. 02, 2014 @ 8:58a) |

Sorry, I'm asking about the new instant discount one.

propcgamer (Jun. 02, 2014 @ 1:10p) |

the deal has disappeared from my j4u list, so I am guessing it is one time use.

libralibra (Jun. 02, 2014 @ 3:37p) |

Staff Summary
  • Safeway Coupons:
    EASY7
    Free Delivery on 1st Order
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

fee?

rsuaver said:   fee?
  Probably around $5.95-$6.95. If you have a credit card that pays 5% Cash Back for supermarket purchases (and you use the Amex GC at stores that don't give 5% back), then this becomes a better moneymaker, especially if you buy a variable amount card and load it with up to $500.00.

rsuaver said:   fee?
  DIfferent fees for purchase different amounts.  Purchase fee for $100 was $5.95, with no fees after purchase.

safeway $10 paper coupon sucks big time... restrictions on restrictions and expires quickly! be aware.

Is there a minimum spend to be able to use $10 coupon or is it $10 off $10? thanks.

catbertsf said:   safeway $10 paper coupon sucks big time... restrictions on restrictions and expires quickly! be aware.
  I'd say safeway sucks big time.

chikuMarwadi said:   Is there a minimum spend to be able to use $10 coupon or is it $10 off $10? thanks.
"Minimum $10 purchase.  Excluded items prohibited by law.  No cash value.  No Cash Back.  Limit on coupon per transaction per day."

catbertsf said:   safeway $10 paper coupon sucks big time... restrictions on restrictions and expires quickly! be aware.

Just says:
"Minimum $10 purchase.  Excluded items prohibited by law.  No cash value.  No Cash Back.  Limit on coupon per transaction per day."

Coupon expires 2 weeks after received, as I mentioned.  Feel the love, baby.

Did this deal last year. Had so much trouble redeeming. The $10 coupon would scan but needed checkout clerk to key in discount amount. Ended up at customer service where I was told by some ignorant rep that the $10 is off the purchase of another Amex gift card only! LOL Finally got the manager to give me 10 bucks cash. Not worth the hassle.

anyone know if this works with the variable load ones?

kcwingood said:   Did this deal last year. Had so much trouble redeeming. The $10 coupon would scan but needed checkout clerk to key in discount amount. Ended up at customer service where I was told by some ignorant rep that the $10 is off the purchase of another Amex gift card only! LOL Finally got the manager to give me 10 bucks cash. Not worth the hassle.

$10 off another Amex gift card is really good, especially if you can repeat. $100+$5.95-$10=95.95, get new coupon... rinse and repeat.

jamesfatwallet said:   anyone know if this works with the variable load ones?

They're not prohibited, but the coupon does not automatically print.  If you have the terms from the weekly ad or Catalina print out, you can take up the issue with the store management. 

I would've taken the $10 off AMEX gift card... 

I have purchased three of these so far including 2 in one day and the coupon came out each time.  Can use one $10 per transaction per day.  I also updated my original post.

Thanks OP! I got a catalina print out with the same offer info.

I've never had any issue doing these types of offer!

anyone know if I have to scan the safeway card first? Or the $10 coupon prints out even if I am not a safeway member?

Thanks.

Technically it doesn't require a scan, you can use an alt-ID (your phone number) entered via the keypad--but no, you won't receive one without being a member. Once it's got you as a member, the coupon prints immediately upon the the cashier scanning the card, NOT at the time payment is rendered. So if for some reason (and by no means am I advocating/condoning doing so) the full sale (card+any other purchases) for any reason wasn't completed (you realize you don't have enough cash to buy the card, you're debit/credit card is declined and your realize you've hit your max and need to remove some item(s), what you get from the deal is a has actually be printed. Whether the cashier notices/does anything should this be the case, well YMMV).

Hi anyone have a pdf of this offer it was in the 4/23 flyer. I could use a copy as it went south on my last night and the pdf would come in handy

You need to log onto Just for You to add this offer. The $10 discount is INSTANT! Today, I bought a $500 Variable AmEx gift card. It immediately took $10 off. This is a $4 MM. I have a CC that gives 5% CashBack for grocery stores, total $29 MM.

Looking back, I should have bought 5 x $100 AmEx GC's... $4 MM x 5 cards = $20 + $25 (5% CashBack from my credit card) = $45 MM.

Only problem is trying to liquidate the AGC's.

ttfnbliss said:   You need to log onto Just for You to add this offer. The $10 discount is INSTANT! Today, I bought a $500 Variable AmEx gift card. It immediately took $10 off. This is a $4 MM. I have a CC that gives 5% CashBack for grocery stores, total $29 MM.

Looking back, I should have bought 5 x $100 AmEx GC's... $4 MM x 5 cards = $20 + $25 (5% CashBack from my credit card) = $45 MM.

Use the AGCs to pay your insurance. I haven't seen any bonus cashbacks for insurance and your online access should allow it. Bonus for grocery vs 1% CashBack.

ttfnbliss said:   You need to log onto Just for You to add this offer. The $10 discount is INSTANT! Today, I bought a $500 Variable AmEx gift card. It immediately took $10 off. This is a $4 MM. I have a CC that gives 5% CashBack for grocery stores, total $29 MM.

Are you sure you would get $10 off for each $100 card you purchased?  Here's the wording from my online offer:SAVE $10 INSTANTLYAmerican Express® Gift CardsSave $10 Instantly when you purchase $100 or more in American Express Gift Cards. Limit 1*.Offer Type: One-time Store CouponExpires 6/10/2014

Offer Details: *Coupon expires 1 week after issue (06/10/2014). Purchase must be made in one transaction. One coupon per transaction. Use Gift Card only at US merchants that accept American Express® Cards, except cruise lines and recurring payment. No ATM use. Funds do not expire. Not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Additional limitations apply. See Cardholder Agreement for complete details. Gift Card is issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. © 2014 American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.Added

novocane said:   
kcwingood said:   Did this deal last year. Had so much trouble redeeming. The $10 coupon would scan but needed checkout clerk to key in discount amount. Ended up at customer service where I was told by some ignorant rep that the $10 is off the purchase of another Amex gift card only! LOL Finally got the manager to give me 10 bucks cash. Not worth the hassle.
$10 off another Amex gift card is really good, especially if you can repeat. $100+$5.95-$10=95.95, get new coupon... rinse and repeat.

The fee kills the deal, at least for me.  Too much restrictions for the $4 saving, and it's not $4 net save in wallet.  You have to use the $10 coupon within 2 weeks at safeway, in one go, buying non-restricted goods, but no more than 1 coupon per day.    

discount is instant, but didn't get any gas points :/

Has anyone purchased multiple cards in one transaction and gotten the multiple $10 off?

propcgamer said:   Has anyone purchased multiple cards in one transaction and gotten the multiple $10 off?
  Deal ended 5/20....

jess888 said:   
propcgamer said:   Has anyone purchased multiple cards in one transaction and gotten the multiple $10 off?
  Deal ended 5/20....

Sorry, I'm asking about the new instant discount one.

the deal has disappeared from my j4u list, so I am guessing it is one time use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014