• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Baofeng Ham 2-Way Radio Dual-Band Transceiver (UV5RA)
Disclaimer
Baofeng Ham 2-Way Radio Dual-Band Transceiver (UV5RA) - $28.17 w/ FSSS at Amazon

LINK 

4.3 / 5 stars based on 673 customer reviews at Amazon

• Talk Range: 5-8KM
  • Type: Two Way Radio
  • Brand Name: BAOFENG
  • Storage Channel: 128
  • Dimensions: 100 x 52 x 32 mm
  • Frequency Range: 65-108MHz (FM Receive only) 136-174MHZ and 400-480HZ (TX/RX)
  • Model Number: UV-5RAv

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Radio
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazing... How much cheaper than these get?!? And dual-band too. Thanks OP!

Yeah, OP, you found my breaking point too. In-4-3.

It is 31.27. Am i missing something?

Just changed to $31.27

Still doesn't get me around the problem that there isn't anyone I want to talk to who is licensed to use those radios! That would also be why I didn't bother to renew my ham license when it lapsed. If I were still licensed, I'd give them a try at this price.

It costs nothing to renew, and there is a 2 year grace period. Might as well renew it.

Didn't Butcherboy always post these?

Back to $28.17

I have a Vanity callsign, it costs $10 to renew.  A real killer.

milkandcookies said:   Didn't Butcherboy always post these?
  Yep

Scored one with the data cord , hope its a cool unit

Price: $33.99 now

Yes. Supply and demand baby

I wish they would make these in the 118 - 136.975 Mhz range for aviation use. Aviation radios sell for a minimum of $200. It might be because AM is used in that range which would require a significant redesign.

Hams are allowed to talk on air about the weather and their equipment... Period. Interestingly, when they get together face to face it's the same story. Then there's the bucket mouths ... To liven up the party.

Just watched a review video, there are a number of add-ons that look like a great fit for this radio

3800 miliamp battery, replaces the stock 1800 miliamp battery

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATTVKFQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_en...

Antenna, increases the range of transmit and receive "considerably"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BY3XN7E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_en...

Data cable for programming

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RZJHJU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_en...

They add another $30 or so, will probably be quite useful

TellyTubby said:   Hams are allowed to talk on air about the weather and their equipment... Period. Interestingly, when they get together face to face it's the same story. Then there's the bucket mouths ... To liven up the party.
  There's also the range of their favorite repeater, the repeater's capabilities and the obscurity/quirks of the repeater's location. And don't forget linking... endless discussions about linking are possible.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014