• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon.com : Sony NEX-6L/B 16.1 MP Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LED Black : Compact System Digital Cameras : Camera Photo
Disclaimer
The Sony Alpha NEX-6 16MP enthusiast mirrorless interchangeable lens camera builds on the features first seen on the NEX-5R, including Wi-Fi, in-camera apps and on-sensor phase detection. In addition it gains the high-resolution, 2.3M dot OLED viewfinder previously seen on the NEX-7, plus an external mode dial. In addition, the NEX-6 becomes the first NEX camera to feature the Sony's revived Quick Navi interactive control panel and an ISO-standard hotshoe. The NEX-6 is launched along with a 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 retractable power zoom lens creating a much smaller zoom kit than was previously possible with the NEX system.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0096W1OKS/ 

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This camera has been discontinued and replaced by the Sony A6000. Still a great value for a great camera.

it's down to $525 now.

The biggest difference between NEX-6 and A6000 is better AF and faster processor. I've had NEX-6 for a year and never have an issue with AF or the processor. It's extremely fast and I do not miss any shots because of the AF performance. I would say that unless you do a lot sports shooting or sopts video, NEX-6 is just fine. The difference of $270 is very significant.

Like the above poster, I am exremely happy with the Nex6. Use the $270 saving for a nice tele lens.

Lowest price according to Camel
DP Review

Price is now $524.00. Guess it wasn't a daily deal after all.

Green for OP. I currently own a NEX-5N and am buying this to gain EVF, hotshoe, built-in flash and hybrid AF. Might miss the touchscreen from the 5N initially but the improved dial control on the 6 will hopefully make it easier to transition.

Also want to try out the WiFi, and remote shutter control by WiFi app.

Battery life seems to be less on the 6 vs 5N but the 6 can charge the battery internally, so I won't be tethered to an external brick charger the 5N requires.

I just picked one of these up at Best Buy for $264. It included everything, and was in excellent condition. Make sure to check your local best buy for deals.

Also check Best Buy for lenses. I just picked up the 20mm wide angle for $90 and the 18-55 for $179

190rev said:   I just picked one of these up at Best Buy for $264. It included everything, and was in excellent condition. Make sure to check your local best buy for deals.
  what city?!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014