• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

The Superman 5 Film Collection 1978-2006 Blu-ray 1978 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Christopher Reeve, Brandon Routh: DVD Blu-ray
Disclaimer
The Superman 5 Film Collection 1978-2006 (Blu-ray) (Region Free) -  $14.01 + Shipping YMMV @ Amazon UK

COPY AND PASTE URL BELOW - THE REDIRECT BREAKS THE LINK OTHERWISE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Collection-1978-2006-Blu-ray-Re...

• Superman: The Movie
  • Superman II 
  • Superman III
  • Superman IV: The Quest for Peace 
  • Superman Returns 
  • All for the first time in DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio.

After converting the currency though Amazon's exchange rate the price is $14.01.  Shipping is roughly $5.18 at least to Illinois.  It may be different to other areas of the country.

*This is pretty funny. Amazon Uk has this set for less after shipping from the UK to the U.S. then they are selling it for in the U.S. by ~$6.

4.4 / 5 stars with 103 customer reviews on the product page.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Link - cut and paste since the redirect brakes it and sends you to the US site: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009CSWBZS 

NOTE:  Look on the right for more sellers - Amazon has it for just $10 but 8-10 days delivery.

Ok - so price is the same as OP. 
Items: GBP 8.33
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08

Total before VAT: GBP 11.41
VAT: GBP 0.00
Order Total: GBP 11.41
Payment Total: USD 19.92

This link goes to the 5 film version/5 disc version of the collection and not the 8 disc complete version

The 5 Disc version DOES NOT have Superman: The Movie Expanded, Superman 2: Donner Cut, or the 8th Bonus Disc.
If you want the 2 Extra movies and the bonus disc you need to wait for the 8 disc set to go on sale again -- it
has been available for a bit less than $30 shipped a few times though it's not on sale now (last time about a month ago)
-- it's also Region Free and doesn't have any 50Hz issues so no US issues

Superman Complete Anthology UK (Region Free 8 Disc) 

hariseldon said:   This link goes to the 5 film version/5 disc version of the collection and not the 8 disc complete version

The 5 Disc version DOES NOT have Superman: The Movie Expanded, Superman 2: Donner Cut, or the 8th Bonus Disc.
If you want the 2 Extra movies and the bonus disc you need to wait for the 8 disc set to go on sale again -- it
has been available for a bit less than $30 shipped a few times though it's not on sale now (last time about a month ago)
-- it's also Region Free and doesn't have any 50Hz issues so no US issues

Superman Complete Anthology UK (Region Free 8 Disc)

Thanks for letting us know. I really recommend "The Movie Expanded" and "The Richard Donner Cut" because, from what I understand, the first "Superman" film was ginormous (Mario Puzio of the "The Godfather" wrote the initial script), so lots of it was cut from the first film alone. Then a lot of what Donner shot for the second movie was cut when they switched directors. So there's definitely a lot of stuff there for us Superman fans - I wouldn't pass it up.

I wouldn't have mentioned anything except the OP mentioned the 2 extra movies (not technically Directors Cut) being part of the set.
I would hate for someone to order it based on that incorrect information

If you just want the 5 Theatrical Movies for pretty cheap, the deal is OK.

hariseldon said:   I wouldn't have mentioned anything except the OP mentioned the 2 extra movies (not technically Directors Cut) being part of the set.
I would hate for someone to order it based on that incorrect information

If you just want the 5 Theatrical Movies for pretty cheap, the deal is OK.

Thanks for the heads up, must have been looking at 2 different sets.  Amazon UK does't have the best description of this.  Always feel free to mention things like this, its one of the best parts about having a forum to discuss deals.  If you don't feel like making a public post you can always send in a mod alert too.  I've updated the post.

Superman III and IV were just money grabs. Donner's cut of 1, 2 and Singer's homage film are the real trilogy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014