• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The A'zon has a 16 oz bottle of WD-40 for $5.23 with free shipping for Prime members.

Some of the uses include bicycle chains, car doors, and many others. This item does come with a straw for those that are familiar with this product.

Member Summary

wd40
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

similar deal at Home Depot comes out to about 32 cents an ounce for total 19 oz
http://www.homedepot.com/p/WD-40-8-oz-Smart-Straw-Twin-with-3-oz... WD-40 8 oz. Smart Straw Twin with 3 oz. bonus Lubricant $6.88

For the dollar, buying in gallon cans is about half price.

Get a plastic spray applicator: www.amazon.com/dp/B0083V8JCY

Then a gallon of WD-40 for about $20. I usually get mine at Advance Auto, since they come out the cheapest with coupons. Amazon used to have them for $16.xx/gal, but not anymore it seems. They do have a 4 pack for $73.95 that's prime eligible.

Obviously not for those who can have a single can for years, but I use quite a bit of this stuff as lubricant for machining, so it works for me!

Official fragrance of Garage Logic

nyseGUY said:   The A'zon has a 16 oz bottle of WD-40 for $5.23 with free shipping for Prime members.

Some of the uses include bicycle chains, car doors, and many others. This item does come with a straw for those that are familiar with this product.

You could use WD-40 on bicycle chains and car doors, but probably not in the way you're thinking. WD-40 is not meant to be used as a long term lubricant. You could use it as a cleanser to get all the old grease off, then wipe off the WD-40 and apply some real lubricant. I see people damage items all the time using WD-40 where it shouldn't be used. If you're not either wiping the WD-40 off or throwing whatever it is you're trying to get unstuck away as soon as it's unstuck, you're probably using it wrong. As a rule, It should never be used on squeaky hinges or locks of any kind.

FYI

The April/May 2007 edition of Machinist's Workshop did a test of penetrating oils where they measured the force required to loosen rusty test devices. The results reported were interesting. The lower the number of pounds the better. Mighty interesting results for simple acetone and tranny fluid!

Penetrating oil . Average load .. Price per fluid ounce
None ................. 516 pounds .
WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25
PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35
Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21
Kano Kroil ........ 106 pounds .. $0.75
ATF-Acetone mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

The ATF-Acetone mix was a 50/50 mix (1 to 1 ratio)." 

WD-40 is an OK penetrant, but has about ZERO lubricity.

All a person needs is WD-40 and Duct Tape!!

Neilium said:   All a person needs is WD-40 and Duct Tape!!

And, those persons have their own
website. 

skidmark said:   
Neilium said:   All a person needs is WD-40 and Duct Tape!!

And, those persons have their own
website.

Oh wow this is terribly awesome!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014