• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Ripped from TheRewardBoss.com:Hilton Honors is giving free HHonors GOLD status to MBA graduates of certain business schools.  Perhaps Hilton is hoping to get to them first to earn some loyalty as they start their careers.  The terms and conditions state that you must receive this offer in the mail. You can try to see if it works for you – click the link and enter your .edu email address. Gold is not their top elite status, however, it will get you a few perks.  For example, the free breakfast can be especially valuable at an island property like The Conrad Maldives which I’ll be visiting later this year.  The food there can be extremely expensive so many people have a big late breakfast and skip lunch.  Don’t expect upgrades — even with Diamond status, I rarely ever received any upgrades.  Starwood, on the other hand, is much better at giving upgrades to their elite members.Expires: June 30, 2014Here are school links:Harvard (status until 2020)- Berkeley (status until 2016)- NYU (status until 2016)- Dartmouth (status until 2020)- Northwestern (status until 2020)- Duke (status until 2020)- Cornell (status until 2016)- Emory (status until 2016)- Georgetown (status until 2020)There are probably other links out there too – if you find one please let me know.
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=HARVARD
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=BERKELEY
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=NYU
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=DARTMOUT...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=NORTHWES...
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=DUKE
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=CORNELL
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=EMORY
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/mbaacquisition2014/?ucode=GEORGETO...

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

HH (10.65kB)
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I signed up here:
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/ProcessLanding/ProcessLanding/?lp=hrg

kvs25 (May. 10, 2014 @ 10:32a) |

good luck everyone.

helloimalbert (May. 12, 2014 @ 10:17a) |

Can't seem to find the link?

Bronzed (May. 19, 2014 @ 12:56a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
hmm, must be heavily restricted.  I used my @post.X.edu e-mail from a participating university (I did undergrad), and it said it was an invalid domain.  Must have been programmed to require each school's MBA segment in the e-mail.

rated:
ALL ABOUT GOLD
20 stays, 40 nights or 75,000 HHonors Base Points
ACHIEVING STATUS

To achieve or retain HHonors Gold status, you need to earn either:
(1) 20 stays in a calendar year, or
(2) 40 nights in a calendar year, or
(3) 75,000 HHonors Base Points in a calendar year

Benefits of HHonors Gold status include:

25% ELITE STATUS BONUS

With Gold elite status, you automatically receive a 25% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn.

5TH NIGHT FREE

Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free3 on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more.

HOTEL BENEFITS

Members with Gold status receive all the benefits in the lower tiers5:

Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
Late check-out1
Express check-out
Spouse stays free2
Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs4
Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (at waldorf astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, doubletree by Hilton™, embassy suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and hilton grand vacations™ hotels)5
Plus:

eCheck-In: Select your room and check in online up to 24 hours in advance at participating properties
Complimentary In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi Internet Access5 during stays at waldorf astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, doubletree by Hilton™, embassy suites Hotels™ and hilton grand vacations
MY WAY GOLD MEMBERSHIP HOTEL BENEFITS:6

waldorf astoria™ Hotels & Resorts

Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie5 per stay
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, doubletree by Hilton™

Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
embassy suites Hotels™

500 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or two snack/refreshment choices per stay
Hilton Garden Inn™

750 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Hampton™

250 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or snack and water per stay
homewood suites by Hilton™

250 HHonors bonus points per stay or two bottles of water and Pepperidge Farm cookies per stay
Home2 Suites by Hilton™

100 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or choice of snack and bottled water per stay
hilton grand vacations

1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay

Terms and Conditions

1Late check-out must be requested and is subject to availability.

2Spouse stays free in member's room on qualifying stays, available at all hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands, except Hampton™ hotels. This benefit does not apply at any hotel when the rate includes additional components (for example, meals, activities, parking, etc.) that are quoted as a per person or per room charge.

3Free night value based on the average nightly value of the stay, up to 4 free nights on a stay of 20 consecutive nights within the same stay. See HHonors Program Terms & Conditions.

4Complimentary access is for hotel-owned-and-operated fitness centers and health club facilities, only during stays. This benefit may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.

5In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center / Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.

6Restrictions and exclusions apply. Not all benefits apply at all properties. See Terms & Conditions for details.

7Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and doubletree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

If you are an HHonors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.

If you are an HHonors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
8Restrictions apply on guaranteed availability. See HHonors Terms & Conditions.

9Service of alcoholic beverages is subject to local laws.

rated:
promo clearly created by a Georgetown troll

rated:
Hmm - just MBA or any Masters or PHD?

rated:
It said it worked and that I would receive a confirmation email to complete the registration. It's been about 15 minutes and I haven't received one. I'll report back if/when it completes successfully.

rated:
For the rest of us, theres the fast track to gold challenge.

rated:
WHAT no Wharton??

rated:
teammjs said:   hmm, must be heavily restricted.  I used my @post.X.edu e-mail from a participating university (I did undergrad), and it said it was an invalid domain.  Must have been programmed to require each school's MBA segment in the e-mail.

could someone post a generic email format? how do they check?

rated:
I've got an MBA, but not from a listed school. Hilton has tightened up on how available the Gold status give-aways are (and highly watered down the worth of that status). Their loss. It was one of the deciding factors that I used to pick their brand over Marriott, Hyatt or Starwood.

rated:
vickh said:   
teammjs said:   hmm, must be heavily restricted.  I used my @post.X.edu e-mail from a participating university (I did undergrad), and it said it was an invalid domain.  Must have been programmed to require each school's MBA segment in the e-mail.

could someone post a generic email format? how do they check?

One way they check is by sending an activation email to the email address that is entered, so you won't be able to just make up an email address even if you know the format because you won't receive the activation email.

I graduated from one of the programs about 10 years ago and although it says that my submission was accepted and I would receive the activation email, I haven't received it yet (an hour or so later). The program terms say it is only for those who received the email (those graduating in 2014), so I'm guessing they are also cross-checking against the list that they originally emailed the offer to and that is why I haven't received an activation email, although I'll update if I do receive it.

Perhaps somewhat interestingly, I have two forms of my email address - xyz@mba.nameofbusinessschool.X.edu and xyz@nameofbusinessschool.X.edu. It was the latter that was accepted.

rated:
kvs25 said:   For the rest of us, theres the fast track to gold challenge.

Can you eloborate on fast track status? I called a few months ago and they said no such program.

rated:
Why bother w fast track. Go for the citi hilton reserve credit card and get gold instantly 

rated:
I have a .edu from one of the schools listed (from undergrad there) and it didn't work.

rated:
already 2020 gold-.-

rated:
Hmmm ... you can put anything after the ?ucode= and it still loads the page, including "asdf"

rated:
vickh said:   WHAT no Wharton??
  second that! 

WTH, no Wharton? 

rated:
vickh said:   WHAT no Wharton??

LOL My sister and brother in law both went there so I was hoping for that -- as I would 'borrow' one of their emails to get my status  

rated:
This sucks. I went to cheapo university of Phoenix. Help!!!! I need gold status

rated:
helloimalbert said:   Why bother w fast track. Go for the citi hilton reserve credit card and get gold instantly 

Annual Fee:  $95

rated:
chibear said:   
helloimalbert said:   Why bother w fast track. Go for the citi hilton reserve credit card and get gold instantly 

Annual Fee:  $95

Annual fee for the MBA : $95K

(sorry couldn't help control the post) 

rated:
I hate to break it to you guys but Hilton Gold isnt much. Hilton Diamond is isnt much either. In fact there is little difference between them. Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Plat have true value

Rob

rated:
free daily breakfast, club lounge access, upgraded room to club level, free wifi.... that's not good enough for you?

rated:
anyway, if you want Hyatt Diamond status, you can get gold status with Hilton first, either through this MBA thing, or through the citi hilton reserve card ($95 AF), then leverage the gold status to get the hyatt diamond challenge.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1345568/

rated:
Worked for me. Used my cornell e-mail and they send a confirmation with a click to activate link.

They didn't ask year of graduation or anything else (I had a HH# and pin already)

Thanks OP

rated:
2cheap2eat said:   kvs25 said:   For the rest of us, theres the fast track to gold challenge.

Can you eloborate on fast track status? I called a few months ago and they said no such program.

I signed up here:
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/ProcessLanding/ProcessLanding/?lp=hrg

rated:
good luck everyone.

rated:
Can't seem to find the link?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014