• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
un - 1911 GI and 1911 Military both $299/each (after MIR)Not a repost, better price from another site...

Product Description
Mil-spec military slide stop and safety lock. Military front and rear sights. Matte black steel, wood grips. 45ACP, 8rd, 4.25

http://grabagun.com/american-tactical-imports-fx-gi-1911-45acp-4-25-7rd.html 

Member Summary

guns
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ATI in title would be helpful.

Good price.

5" too

QBiceman said:   ATI in title would be helpful.

I agree.  These are not American manufactured.

Nevermind, I found it. It's not clearly marked, but the rebate is good for any ATI FX (Firepower Extreme) models.

http://www.americantactical.us/page/gsgfxrebate.html

Are these reliable/well made?
Do they hold value/can be collectibles?

Walay - from what I have read on several websites, they are well made. I am in for one myself. However, I would not expect for this (or Rock Island, or Tisas, or any of the foreign-made clones) to really be collectible.

Not collectible. Made by shooter arms of the Phillipines. Century imports shooter arms as well. Supposedly shooter arms uses old colt machinery.I have a shooters elite and it's been flawless even with big ol 255gr slugs

The prices of many pistols at Grabagun appear to be very reasonable but have you read some of the extremely honest reviews of some of the firearms they sell? Was looking at a Chiappa M9 for cheap until I read the reviews:

"Can't believe this gun is available for sale. Simply does not work. Whoever wrote anything positive must be a Chiappa employee. I'm a military officer and I wouldn't take one of these for free. I've shot high quality rounds through it and it jams every other round. This thing is a POS!!! I'll never buy another Chiappa product they make toys not guns."

"This brick is still having failures after 300+ rounds. Including failures to extract, stodepipes and FTF. I hate this gun and will be selling it ASAP."

With honesty like that ... I might just buy from them.

22s are picky as hell. I don't see how a completely different gun has any kind of reflection from the op
DUDSTER said:   The prices of many pistols at Grabagun appear to be very reasonable but have you read some of the extremely honest reviews of some of the firearms they sell? Was looking at a Chiappa M9 for cheap until I read the reviews:

"Can't believe this gun is available for sale. Simply does not work. Whoever wrote anything positive must be a Chiappa employee. I'm a military officer and I wouldn't take one of these for free. I've shot high quality rounds through it and it jams every other round. This thing is a POS!!! I'll never buy another Chiappa product they make toys not guns."

"This brick is still having failures after 300+ rounds. Including failures to extract, stodepipes and FTF. I hate this gun and will be selling it ASAP."

With honesty like that ... I might just buy from them.

What it reflects on the OP is that the seller does not purge bad reviews.

taxmantoo said:   What it reflects on the OP is that the seller does not purge bad reviews.
  Or doesn't care enough to have someone check and/ read reviews... or do anything to satisfy a customer.

Double edged sword here, be careful of assumptions... knowing what happens when assuming.

Ah okay. I thought he was bashing on the 1911 Cuz of the m9-22. My mistake and apologies. Seems like a great deal even if you have to tinker with it. It's a real 1911 clone so parts are plentiful unlike some fake clones. Still tempted but I don't know how many 1911s a guy needs.

Technologist said:   
taxmantoo said:   What it reflects on the OP is that the seller does not purge bad reviews.
  Or doesn't care enough to have someone check and/ read reviews... or do anything to satisfy a customer.

Double edged sword here, be careful of assumptions... knowing what happens when assuming.

Also doesn't help much to throw out even more speculation.

Real world feedback - Grabagun has been fine to me - have ordered a few things including FFL items from them - no issue.  They were slow to ship some night sights (which were also 30% lower than everywhere else on the net), but all in all good and I would buy from them again.

FranksandBeans said:   
Technologist said:   

Also doesn't help much to throw out even more speculation.

Real world feedback - Grabagun has been fine to me - have ordered a few things including FFL items from them - no issue.  They were slow to ship some night sights (which were also 30% lower than everywhere else on the net), but all in all good and I would buy from them again.

Rebuttal speculation is ok.  And mine was more vague. TMT (taxmantoo) was a statement, and possibly misinterpreted as a statement of FACT, while mine was more of a warning, as in evaluate carefully, or "look before you leap"...

in other words, only suggested the indication behind action or inaction, as opposed to attributing conscious action taken on behalf of the seller (IANAL, just use confusing terminology to confuzzle Peeps!!!).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014