• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Check your SYW account!
Mine had $45 in SurprisePoints for Lawn and Garden, $7 off clothing (excluding Lands End), and $7 off Lands End clothing. None had minimum requirements.
Also, I found a link that gave me 5000 SYW points for use 5/18 - 5/24, here.

Hope this helps some of you also find some points.

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Appliances
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
RULE NO. 1 of SYW points: The deals almost NEVER work as advertised. You usually have to do some kind of manipulating or... (more)

wordgirl (May. 16, 2014 @ 10:47a) |

In the past 6 months, POS systems in my area have been updated such that both regular SYWR points and surprise points se... (more)

labboypro (May. 16, 2014 @ 10:58a) |

My local Kmart must not have gotten the POS update (pretty sure it's closing in the very near future anyway - it's one o... (more)

wordgirl (May. 16, 2014 @ 11:38a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have $45 for buying a TV over $200. Wish I could give my surprise points to someone else who could use another TV.

I didn't have any Surprise points. However, I was finally able to get some of the Local Ad points after weeks of no luck. Got 3,000 Kmart and 1,000 Sears.

macdough said:   I didn't have any Surprise points. However, I was finally able to get some of the Local Ad points after weeks of no luck. Got 3,000 Kmart and 1,000 Sears.
  Yes I also got local ad 3K and 1K from Kmart n Sears respectively ... reclicking says you are ALREADY awarded 3k and 1K as of (today's date) but points do not show up in acct yet ... did it for you right away?

Got 5,000 points for Sears via Local Ad link. Also had 10,000 surprise points ($10) to use on any purchase over $35.

SYWR also includes Kmart, and those categories work there

If you view the offers in your browser and keep refreshing the page, the offers may change. (at the bottom) YMMV
I received over $100 worth of free points in 4 categories this morning. (Sears & K-Mart)

invisible said:   
macdough said:   I didn't have any Surprise points. However, I was finally able to get some of the Local Ad points after weeks of no luck. Got 3,000 Kmart and 1,000 Sears.
  Yes I also got local ad 3K and 1K from Kmart n Sears respectively ... reclicking says you are ALREADY awarded 3k and 1K as of (today's date) but points do not show up in acct yet ... did it for you right away?

  The points will be available for the 18th and 24th.
you can do it for 2 days only.

I have $20 off $20 at Kmart for clothing. Time to get some underwear and socks.

Where do u see these in your account as I cannot find anything

Found at the store we had a random $30 in points, no requirements. Used it for some stuff. The clerk said people had been coming in and using it the last week. Not a regular Kmart fan but free is free.

I think it's the last ditch effort by Sears to remain in business. But hey, I'm fine with these points as long as they keep sending them to me.
   http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/news/companies/sears-store-closings/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It's been pointapalooza lately. I had a rolling $10 points on $10 purchase that would generate a new code every time I used it.

Not sure what's going on, but hey, I'm not complaining.


Thanks OP! Free workout shorts.

ETA: I can't use this but for those who can, enjoy a good price on underwear. 

I have $30 to spend on a minimum of $30. Also got 5k points added recently for whatever reason. I haven't gotten free stuff from Sears in a while so maybe it's time to stock up

I got 500 points aka $0.50

I got nuttin

HHBD said:   Where do u see these in your account as I cannot find anything
  Log into your SYM account..click on the points you have..under it will have any surprise points you may have. Mines was 30.00..once you click on it shows the discount you may have..however its more spend x dollars to have x dollars off..to me its a coupon

I got $3 in surprise points usable on a $75 purchase.

Hah! Why bother giving me anything.

That said, i've gotten random points from them in the past too, they seem to have no rhyme or reason for what they give out.

nothin' for me

Every time I use these "bonus" points along with the ones still in my account they never register on the purchase. I'm always told they transfer towards a next purchase. This requires me to make constant purchases. Sort of like a chain letter.

Thanks OP, $10 off $15 in one account and $10 off $35 in the other. I wonder which one I used tonight?

I have $25 off $100 in Outdoor Living, $10 off $100 anywhere but Lands End, and $7 off $20 in Jewelry. Very unlikely to use any of them.

How do these surprise points work anyway? I have a $30 off $30 one for Lawn and Garden and added an item that's $42 (filtered it by the "redeem points" filter too) so it should qualify. However, I don't see $30 getting deducted after checking to apply myrewards.

I see... the "redeem points" filter doesn't really filter everything out at least for surprise points. It's kinda YMMV with the surprise points - some stuff just doesn't work at all but quite a few things do work. I think Craftsman tools may count.

jplee3 said:   How do these surprise points work anyway? I have a $30 off $30 one for Lawn and Garden and added an item that's $42 (filtered it by the "redeem points" filter too) so it should qualify. However, I don't see $30 getting deducted after checking to apply myrewards.
  RULE NO. 1 of SYW points: The deals almost NEVER work as advertised. You usually have to do some kind of manipulating or just call.

It's a PITA but hey, free stuff.
 

wordgirl said:   
RULE NO. 1 of SYW points: The deals almost NEVER work as advertised. You usually have to do some kind of manipulating or just call.

  
In the past 6 months, POS systems in my area have been updated such that both regular SYWR points and surprise points seem to work just fine... they are enumerated on the screen separately, and are applied as separate line items to purchase.  The ONLY 2 issues I've had with SYWR points in the past 6 months have been 1) the recent GC purchase where you were supposed to get $2 bonus didn't apply... simple email to SYWR and they added it, and 2) recent checkout using $7 in surprise points AND $1.xx in regular points wouldn't do both... so we just did a return/rebuy on the non-surprise-qualifying items, applying my regular points without issue.

Online... well, online ANYTHING having to do with SHC is totally fubar.

 

labboypro said:   
wordgirl said:   
RULE NO. 1 of SYW points: The deals almost NEVER work as advertised. You usually have to do some kind of manipulating or just call.

  
In the past 6 months, POS systems in my area have been updated such that both regular SYWR points and surprise points seem to work just fine... they are enumerated on the screen separately, and are applied as separate line items to purchase.  The ONLY 2 issues I've had with SYWR points in the past 6 months have been 1) the recent GC purchase where you were supposed to get $2 bonus didn't apply... simple email to SYWR and they added it, and 2) recent checkout using $7 in surprise points AND $1.xx in regular points wouldn't do both... so we just did a return/rebuy on the non-surprise-qualifying items, applying my regular points without issue.

Online... well, online ANYTHING having to do with SHC is totally fubar.

 

  My local Kmart must not have gotten the POS update (pretty sure it's closing in the very near future anyway - it's one of only two in a five-county area). The upside is that the managers there are so resigned to SYW vagaries that they just sigh and deduct the cash value of the promo from whatever you happen to be buying.

But you're right about the website. I was shocked that the "rolling" $10 rewards worked on the website. I went through four cycles before that stopped showing up .. but I ended up with four tops and a dress for about $15 total, shipped, so not complaining at all! (The dress just arrived today and it's so pritty!)



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014