• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
UP! Mini 3D Desktop Printer, 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz, 200W.  $599.99 Shipped from Amazon.

Only 19 left in stock, but more will be on the way.  This is the cheapest price yet for this item, and no guarantee the sale will return when the stock is replenished.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5OQIKS 

Features:

• Fabricates objects from STL files using ABS or PLA thermoplastic filament (sold separately)
  • All-metal enclosure helps reduce temperature fluctuation, noise, and odor
  • Builds objects to maximum dimensions of 4.75 x 4.75 x 4.75 inches/120 x 120 x 120 mm (H x W x D)
  • Vertical (Z-axis) resolution from 200 to 400 microns (0.20 to 0.40 mm)
  • Build platform heats to 51.4 degrees C to help provide thermal stability

What's in the Box?

• UP! Mini 3D Printer
  • Extrude head
  • ABS spool
  • USB Cable
  • Power Adapter (20 V)
  • Filament Tube
  • Screws
  • Perforated cell board
  • Tool kit: pen knives (2); tweezers; hex wrench; hand shovel; pliers; gloves; nozzle wrench

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

3D Desktop Printer (13.50kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Only 13 in Stock! Get it before it's gone!

Surprised this didn't much more credit, it got way more green a few months ago when it was $830!

rated:
For anyone interested in the latest 3d printer news and prices this is the place to check, 3drs.org
Everyday I see new products hit the market. I expect prices to drop radically over the next two or three years.
I also expect far more variety in printing media with better resolution.
But the real item to watch for is a plastic recycler/extruder.

rated:
Yes, 3D printing will eventually be as ubiquitous as picture printing, and then eventually even more so as more and more materials, possibly organic foods, can be constructed. Thanks for the link, I appreciate that information.

This is a great price for a 3D printer, although it's only a medium or so size-wise. Most of these printers run over 1k.

rated:
TruSolja said:   Yes, 3D printing will eventually be as ubiquitous as picture printing, and then eventually even more so as more and more materials, possibly organic foods, can be constructed. Thanks for the link, I appreciate that information.

This is a great price for a 3D printer, although it's only a medium or so size-wise. Most of these printers run over 1k.

Agreed on the first part - as far as organic foods, probably talking at least a lifetime away, if not more.   Creating objects is one thing.   Creating food - we're not even close.   That's basically creating life with a printer.   Still only in Star Trek.

rated:
Eryeal said:   
TruSolja said:   Yes, 3D printing will eventually be as ubiquitous as picture printing, and then eventually even more so as more and more materials, possibly organic foods, can be constructed. Thanks for the link, I appreciate that information.

Agreed on the first part - as far as organic foods, probably talking at least a lifetime away, if not more.   Creating objects is one thing.   Creating food - we're not even close.   That's basically creating life with a printer.   Still only in Star Trek.

Depends on the food item. Recreating processed foods (like a cheetos) is much easier than creating something like a steak or an apple. But yes, you are right, still a long long way off from having a cheetos creation machine in everyone's home.

rated:
Dreaming of a Cheetos machine....

rated:
Did nobody see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3d/the-micro-the-first-truly-consumer-3d-printer that just ended? If you didn't get in on the Kickstarter for it (and you're willing to wait until early next year) you can get a smaller printer that will print the same size objects as this one for $349 (pre-order price). I managed to get in on the November 2014 deliveries for $299, so I won't be able to comment on its quality until them.

rated:
when they going to have a 3d machine to print out hot females? Or am I looking for a cloning machine?

rated:
Rachachino, double strong, double sweet please...One company even calls there's the Replicator
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/92042-3d-printing-a-replicator-and-teleporter-in-every-home
Next up fatwallet discounts on teleporters.

rated:
cajundavid said:   Dreaming of a Cheetos machine....
  My life will complete when someone invent a bacon machine.

rated:
Finally, these 3D printer companies appear to have stop pulling back, 50% retracement from the highs.

rated:
Next big revolution in tech will be these 3D printers

rated:
babylon5 said:   Next big revolution in tech will be these 3D printers
  As a 3D printer owner I'm going to disagree with this. They are much harder to operate than the companies will let on. I have had all kinds of problems with my Printrbot+. It sounds great in concept, but they really don't print as well as you envision in your head. And it takes a lot longer than you imagine to print an object.

rated:
Table83 said:   
babylon5 said:   Next big revolution in tech will be these 3D printers
  As a 3D printer owner I'm going to disagree with this. They are much harder to operate than the companies will let on. I have had all kinds of problems with my Printrbot+. It sounds great in concept, but they really don't print as well as you envision in your head. And it takes a lot longer than you imagine to print an object.

Low resolution.  Not affordable.  Hard to use.  Problem with the machine - Being an early adapter means you're beta testing for the companies.  I am not a 3D printer owner because of those reasons. Every new tech go thru phases like these.  With every tech, it'd take time to iron out the problems.  

But with time, these machines will be improved, cheaper, faster, high resolution, and easier to use.  

Read this book by Wired's Chris Anderson: Makers: The New Industrial Revolution
http://www.amazon.com/Makers-The-New-Industrial-Revolution-ebook...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014