• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Ryobi 24-Volt Lithium-ion Straight Shaft Cordless String Trimmer/Edger with 24 in. Hedge Trimmer-RY24212SB at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Ryobi 24V lawn trimmer/edger and Ryobi 24V hedge trimmer bundle for $99+tax @ Home Depot in-store or online @ HomeDepot.com

Add a filler item for $1 and you can get $10 off if you are subscribed to their Garden Club coupons making the effective price as $90+tax

This is a Father's day special bundle. The trimmer/edger alone was sold previously for $99.
The hedge trimmer is valued at $69.

The bundle contains one 24V battery and a lightning charger

Update: Use $15 off $75 for Amex card holders to make the effective price $84+tax

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rating on Amazon is very poor, but rating on homedepot site is very good.

anyone has comments on whether this product is worth it??

Apart from ratings, I would not buy this because I would need at least 2 or more batteries to get all my yard work done. The trimmer will only last 15 min at high power and then you have both the jobs left to do. Extra batteries are too expensive.

mon858 said:   rating on Amazon is very poor, but rating on homedepot site is very good.

Weed wacker is nice. I have the trimmer blower combo. Not a large yard though, but the older batteries last quite a long time (couple of lawn sessions).
Smaller Li on, as pictured, should hold up on the wacker fairly well.
Unless we are talking acreage.

I have an 18V Ryobi trimmer. It did the job, but the head speed was too low to cut St Augustine grass. It also took 3-4 charges of the high capacity battery to edge around the 700 feet of sidewalk and other cement. I started to look at Ryobi's newer batteries, but found that I could get a new trimmer system for very little extra. I bought a 40V battery trimmer and the experience has been much better. If you have a lot to trim or edge, I recommend that you do not mess around with the lower volt battery systems.

Ryobi Bladed Trimmer Head 2-Pack -ACFHRL2 at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
mon858 said:   rating on Amazon is very poor, but rating on homedepot site is very good.

I have the trimmer.  bought it over the winter on clearance for $79.99  Have only used it 4 or 5 times but I am very happy with it for the price.  I just picked up a 2 pack of these for it and will be trying this weekend

This deal can be sweetened further!

If you have an American Express card, Amex is offering $15 off of $75 purchase at Home Depot. Signup for the coupon online and then go make the purchase with the same card at the store.
I believe it will work in HomeDepot.com also.

So, without buying a filler, the effect cost is $84+tax

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014