• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
You can still get these in the Sony store, YMMV. The $400 pentium one comes with a 1080P screen as well, have we ever had a $400 with 2-3 free accessories laptop / touchscreen for this low? The accessories alone should translate into ~$125-$175 in value easy, amazing deal here folks. It's normally $1099.99 for the gen 4 i5 & $799.99 for the pentium but it's half off at the Sony store call 1-877-865-7669 to check stock or call the stores directly.

It's a full-blown computer w/ 1080P touchscreen but behaves like a tablet. I'm taking a $49.99 case & an extra plug / cord ($75), as my free accessory. Others have gotten the case, extra AC adapter and an extra 32GB SD card !!

THIS IS A REFERENCE ONLY LINK, YOU CANNOT BUY IT HERE because it's OOS!!, Plus 2-3 free accessories:

Pentium -   https://m.store.sony.com/products/27-SVT11213CXB 

White or black models available in store.

Moderator Comment: According to PolishDreamer, he called the NYC store, and it is still in stock. --Bo — Jun. 19, 2014 @ 11:03am
Ads by Google
Member Summary

Sony Vaio Tap 11 (306.84kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Here are some cases/cover I found and purchased.

1. Protection Film (I picked entire protection one-tablet & keyboard)
Ski... (more)

pointdooly (Jun. 28, 2014 @ 12:39a) |

Sony store refunds the entire amount if you take it back.

polishdreamer (Jul. 12, 2014 @ 2:23p) |

I kept mine, and I'm keeping my Surface Pro 3 too. They're different devices.

Especially with Console OS on the Tap 11, i... (more)

asuka (Jul. 12, 2014 @ 6:15p) |

Last review:

I just want to start by saying, I never write reviews. This computer is so awesome that I felt the need to boost it's currently abysmal 2 star rating. It's an utter misrepresentation of this product.I originally bought this computer because I was so disappointed in the lack of innovation in Apple products these past few years. At the time, I already had a MacBook Air 11", iPad 2, iPhone 5s. I had to return my iPad to my job after I left, and I was in the market for a new tablet. Considering my utter disappointment in the Apple brand, I thought to take a look at the Surface Pro 2.I decided that I wanted something that was as close to resembling a computer, but in tablet form. I wanted to try one of the new tablet laptops, but after performing due diligence in my research I realized that I was in the market for a product that was more tablet than laptop. Something ultra light, portable, sleek, and--most importantly--cool. I looked at the Surface 2, but quickly learned that the difference between the 2 and the Pro 2 was the Windows RT and Windows 8 OS. I narrowed the field down to the Pro 2 and the Sony Vaio Tap 11", but Windows 8 tablets.Verdict: The Tap 11" is MUCH smaller than the Pro 2, the keyboard AND stylus are included...and it's just SUPER cool. I had originally purchased the $799 version, but made the upgrade to the $1099 version several months later. While the $799 version worked for me as a personal computer, it did not work for me as a work computer. I simply needed the speed...and you will not be disappointed with the upgrade.This is by and far the best computer on the market. You can draw, write, type, watch videos, and do pretty much anything you could think to ask for in a computer,but in a tablet. The best way to describe it...it's just a fun device.I uploaded a picture of my home office setup. I can literally plug and unplug my home monitor, keyboard, and mouse, without effect, and use it as a second monitor.About me: I am a 27 year old Executive Recruiter for the Entertainment industry.

Pentium model specs:

~~Processor
•Processor Type : Intel® Pentium® 3560Y
•Processor Cache : 2MB
•Processor Speed : 1.20GHz1
•Processor Technology : Dual Core

Software
•Operating System : Windows 8 64-bit
•Supplied Software : Microsoft® Office trial, VAIO Care™, PlayMemories Home™, ArtRage® Studio
•Anti-Virus Software : Kaspersky® Internet Security 30-Day Trial Offer12

Audio
•Sound System : Intel® High Definition Audio with ClearAudio+

•Color : Black

Display
•Display Technology : Full HD, Triluminos Display for Mobile
•Screen Size : 11.6"
•Resolution : 1920 x 1080
•Touch Technology : Capacitive Touchscreen, Digitizer Support
•Backlight Technology : LED

Environmental Information
•ROHS® : Compliant
•EPEAT™ : Silver
•ENERGY STAR® : 5.1

General
•Pointing Device : Wireless Keyboard Cover with Clickable Touchpad (Gesture Supported)
•Action Buttons : ASSIST, Windows
•Security : Intel® Platform Trust Technology

Graphics
•Maximum Resolution HDMI : 1920 x 1080
•Graphics Video RAM : Internal
•Graphics Processor : Intel® HD Graphics

Hardware
•Camera : Front HD Web Camera powered by Exmor R® for PC and Rear 8.0 MP Camera powered by Exmor RS® for PC and microphone
•Keyboard : Wireless QWERTY, 82 keys with 1.1mm stroke and 19mm pitch

Inputs and Outputs
•DC-In : 1
•Micro HDMI Output : 1
•microSD : 1
•Headphone Output + Microphone Input : 1
•USB 3.0 : 1 (Charge)
•Dual Array Microphone : Yes

Memory
•Installed Memory : 4GB (4GB x 1)
•Max. Memory : Fixed
•Memory Type/Speed : DDR3L / 1600MHz

Power
•Battery Type : Internal Lithium Polymer Battery (VGP-BPS39 3800mAh)
•Battery Life : Up to 6 hours10

Service and Warranty Information
•Limited Warranty Term : 1 Year
•Toll-Free Phone Support : 888-476-69728
•Priority Phone Support : 239-768-76058

Storage
•Storage Capacity : 128GB4
•Storage Type : Serial ATA Solid State Drive

Weights and Measurements
•Dimensions (Approx.) : 12.00" (W) x 0.39" (H) x 7.40" (D)
•Weight (Approx.) : 1.70 lbs. (Main Unit, with Internal Battery)

Wireless/Networking
•Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth Standard (4.0 + HS)
•NFC : Yes
•Wi-Fi® Adapter : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 (802.11a/b/g/n)

Staff Summary

rated:
Is it the Core i5 version or the Pentium version in-store that's on sale?

Not sure it's worth my time. On the back of the two hour trek to Palo Alto in rush hour traffic, the store's IVR is giving a busy tone. Probably OOS already in the valley.
Edit: Worth my time, read next post of mine below.

rated:
asuka said:   Is it the Core i5 version or the Pentium version in-store that's on sale?

Not sure it's worth my time. On the back of the two hour trek to Palo Alto in rush hour traffic, the store's IVR is giving a busy tone. Probably OOS already in the valley.

Processor Type : Intel® Core™ i5-4210Y
Processor Cache : 3MB
Processor Speed : 1.50GHz1 with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology up to 1.90GHz2
Processor Technology : Dual Core
Software
Operating System : Windows 8.1 64-bit
Supplied Software : Microsoft® Office trial, VAIO Care™, PlayMemories Home™, ArtRage® Studio, Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 12
Anti-Virus Software : Kaspersky® Internet Security 30-Day Trial Offer12
Audio
Sound System : Intel® High Definition Audio with ClearAudio+
Color : Black
Display
Display Technology : Full HD, Triluminos Display for Mobile
Screen Size : 11.6"
Resolution : 1920 x 1080
Touch Technology : Capacitive Touchscreen, Digitizer Support
Backlight Technology : LED
ROHS® : Compliant
EPEAT™ : Silver
ENERGY STAR® : 5.1
General
Pointing Device : Wireless Keyboard Cover with Clickable Touchpad (Gesture Supported)
Action Buttons : ASSIST, Windows
Security : Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Platform Trust Technology
Graphics
Maximum Resolution HDMI : 1920 x 1080
Graphics Video RAM : Internal
Graphics Processor : Intel® HD Graphics 4200
Hardware
Camera : Front HD Web Camera powered by Exmor R® for PC and Rear 8.0 MP Camera powered by Exmor RS® for PC
Microphone : Built-In Dual Array Microphone
Keyboard : Wireless QWERTY, 82 keys with 1.1mm stroke and 19mm pitch
Inputs and Outputs
DC-In : 1
Micro HDMI Output : 1
microSD : 1
Headphone Output + Microphone Input : 1
USB 3.0 : 1 (Charge)
Memory
Installed Memory : 4GB (4GB x 1)
Max. Memory : Fixed
Memory Type/Speed : DDR3L/1600MHz
Power
Battery Type : Internal Lithium Polymer Battery (VGP-BPS39 3800mAh)
Battery Life : Up to 6 hours10
Onsite/In-Home Service : Yes13
International Service : Yes5
Limited Warranty Term : 1 Year
Toll-Free Phone Support : 888-476-69728
Priority Phone Support : 239-768-76058
Storage
Storage Capacity : 128GB4
Storage Type : Serial ATA Solid State Drive
Weights and Measurements
Dimensions (Approx.) : 12.00" (W) x 0.39" (H) x 7.40" (D)
Weight (Approx.) : 1.70 lbs. (Main Unit, with Internal Battery)
Wireless/Networking
Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth Standard (4.0 + HS)
NFC : Yes
WiDi Ready : Yes - Intel® Wireless Display Technology9
Wi-Fi® Adapter : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (802.11ac/a/b/g/n)

rated:
Took a hair over 90 minutes (round trip) to get there.

Finally got the store on the phone (this is a legit sale, store had 50% Off signage). They said they just got their shipment of Tap 11's in, so they weren't worried about selling out so long as you buy today.

I saw about a dozen in the storage case at Palo Alto - but there may have been many more in back.

This is a super-hot deal. This tablet slays the iPad at this price. And the one in-store is the Core i5 version.

Was at AnDevCon Boston last week, and these guys showed off a very slick build of Android running on Core i5. I asked if Haswell-Y would run what they were building, they winked. Hopefully this will be rocking Android soon too.

rated:
10 stores in the US? really?

rated:
cr3s said:   10 stores in the US? really?
  Sony Style used to have a lot more - gunning for Apple. But Sony has decided to sell off its VAIO division, and it's not clear if they'll keep the VAIO tablet division.

Without the PC sales fleet, Sony Style is now basically a boutique/experience store, put in high-traffic affluent areas to serve as a brand influencer.

I think Sony is hoping that without VAIO, they can get tablets back in order and get competitive again. Someday. Just not today.

rated:
is the 50% off only today (Friday)?

rated:
KidCharliemain said:   is the 50% off only today (Friday)?

It just started, so it's going to be a more of an in-stock thing. I got a white & a black pair from the Adventura Mall in Miami after stopping by there after coming through there back from a Key West wedding.

rated:

rated:
I really don't feel like driving all the way near stanford to get a laptop. too bad they don't offer it online. I'd get one in a heart beat.

rated:
cr3s said:   I really don't feel like driving all the way near stanford to get a laptop. too bad they don't offer it online. I'd get one in a heart beat.
  Felt the same way, exactly. And I even could use it for work. But, it was very much worth it for me.

rated:
cr3s said:   I really don't feel like driving all the way near stanford to get a laptop. too bad they don't offer it online. I'd get one in a heart beat.

Where are you going to get a 1080P touchscreen gen4 i5 with a 128gb solid state disk in a package that weighs 1.7lbs with 2 free accessories for this type of price ?  These would probably sell on craigslist for $850 a piece right now, it's not a profit center for me but man this is an amazing price, smoking hot deal.

rated:
Any idea if they'd ship one of these? The local Sony store shut down.

rated:
UPSGuy said:   Any idea if they'd ship one of these? The local Sony store shut down.

I'd call & ask.

rated:
UPSGuy said:   Any idea if they'd ship one of these? The local Sony store shut down.

No drop-shipping. Sony Style stores basically now are focused on minimal sales counts, so everything from holding stuff to drop-shipping is done. Really, Sony almost would prefer you buy from Best Buy.

Still haven't gotten word from friends if this is a fire sale and VAIO Tap is part of the VAIO shutdown or if this is merely a means of hype generation.

If Sony's smart, they'll rebrand VAIO Tap to Xperia Tap and keep pressing on.

Edit: Pinged some folks in Japan. Best word I got was that Sony is keeping tablet R&D going and that isn't part of the transfer. So, yeah, I think this may have to do with high stock levels ahead of the VAIO spin-off. But no word on if VAIO Tap will march on under the Xperia banner.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   

Where are you going to get a 1080P touchscreen gen4 i5 with a 128gb solid state disk in a package that weighs 1.7lbs with 2 free accessories for this type of price ?  These would probably sell on craigslist for $850 a piece right now, it's not a profit center for me but man this is an amazing price, smoking hot deal.

Not saying it isn't!  Jus saying it'd take quite some time ~2 hrs roundtrip to get this...

rated:
cr3s said:   
polishdreamer said:   

Not saying it isn't!  Jus saying it'd take quite some time ~2 hrs roundtrip to get this...

Heck, Key West was a 5 1/2 hours one way from Naples. It's summertime so who cares ?

rated:
Stopped by the nyc store (madison ave) - already sold out

rated:
CmdrTaco said:   Stopped by the nyc store (madison ave) - already sold out
  I'd expect this to go quick, crazy hot deal. I was looking at the apple air book & they're not touchscreen as well, which needless to say for more than double this plus (plus 2 Sony accessories) is crazy. This sized notebook is about in-between size of the 11" - 13" air at about 12". Full 1080P LED screen as well, crazy.

rated:
Called the store, they said they'd ship -but- all they had left was the display. No box, no stylus, no manuals.

I passed.

rated:
UPSGuy said:   Called the store, they said they'd ship -but- all they had left was the display. No box, no stylus, no manuals.

I passed.

Which store? There's multiple.

rated:
THIS IS A REFERENCE ONLY LINK, YOU CANNOT BUY IT HERE ONLY IN STORE, it's not the 50% off sale plus 2 free accessory price:

rated:
Can anybody confirm this deal to still be active?

rated:
erohrer said:   Can anybody confirm this deal to still be active? f

There were still a few in stock in the Palo Alto, CA store as of 11 this AM PST.   They are out of laptop accessories to go with it though (there are a few useless $19 keyboard/cables that are not for this laptop.

rated:
I called the Adventura Mall Sony Store and they still have them in stock!

rated:
carbony13 said:   
erohrer said:   Can anybody confirm this deal to still be active? f

There were still a few in stock in the Palo Alto, CA store as of 11 this AM PST.   They are out of laptop accessories to go with it though (there are a few useless $19 keyboard/cables that are not for this laptop.

Many accessories left at the Adventura Mall.

rated:
Anyone else get one ?

rated:
Got a white one this afternoon at Costa Mesa - no accessories left though.  Picked up two chargers for the larger Vaio models.  Hopefully can flip those to bring down the price even more.

rated:
elderlam said:   Got a white one this afternoon at Costa Mesa - no accessories left though.  Picked up two chargers for the larger Vaio models.  Hopefully can flip those to bring down the price even more.
  Nice !!

rated:
Costa Mesa store says out of stock when I called yesterday afternoon. Any other store still have near Los Angles/OC?

rated:
pointdooly said:   Costa Mesa store says out of stock when I called yesterday afternoon. Any other store still have near Los Angles/OC?

Fashion Valleytix
7007 Friars Road
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 220-7482
Weekdays: 10am - 9pm
Saturday: 10am - 9pm
Sunday: 11am - 7pm
Map & Driving Directions
Stanford Shopping Centertix
359 Stanford Shopping Center
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 322-6170
Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 11am - 6pm
Map & Driving Directions
South Coast Plazatix
3333 Bristol Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 754-6302
Saturday: 10am - 8pm
Sunday: 11am - 6pm
Map & Driving Directions
The Americana at Brandtix
837 Americana Way
Glendale, CA 91210
(818) 547-4610
Friday - Saturday: 10am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 8pm
Map & Driving Directions
UTC La Jollatix
4465 La Jolla Village Dr., #H9
San Diego, CA US 92122
(858) 535-2171
Saturday: 10am - 9pm
Sunday: 11am - 7pm
Map & Driving Directions

rated:
cr3s said:   10 stores in the US? really?
  They seems located in CA / FL, how they came up with those spots I can't say.

rated:
Palo Alto is sold out. I went back and got the two display units... and some VAIO AIO display covers.

Don't feel jealous, they took almost two hours to clean and refurbish. Still working on it.

Store confirmed to me again that drop-shipping from Sony Store is against company policy. They're clearing out all VAIO gear.

No word on if VAIO Tap will return as Xperia Tap, but if you look at the Sony.com the Tap is clearly listed as a tablet, and Sony said they were keeping all Tablet IP.

I suspect in July the Tap 11 will return as the Xperia Tap 11 and be restocked... just where I'd bet.

rated:
asuka said:   Palo Alto is sold out. I went back and got the two display units... and some VAIO AIO display covers.

Don't feel jealous, they took almost two hours to clean and refurbish. Still working on it.

Store confirmed to me again that drop-shipping from Sony Store is against company policy. They're clearing out all VAIO gear.

No word on if VAIO Tap will return as Xperia Tap, but if you look at the Sony.com the Tap is clearly listed as a tablet, and Sony said they were keeping all Tablet IP.

I suspect in July the Tap 11 will return as the Xperia Tap 11 and be restocked... just where I'd bet.

Yeah I agree, then it'll be $1,199.00.

rated:
According to this guy, it's the best tablet ever made:

http://www.phonenews.com/deal-sony-vaio-tap-11-50-off-in-store-5...

rated:
Processor
•Processor Type : Intel® Pentium® 3560Y
•Processor Cache : 2MB
•Processor Speed : 1.20GHz1
•Processor Technology : Dual Core

Software
•Operating System : Windows 8 64-bit
•Supplied Software : Microsoft® Office trial, VAIO Care™, PlayMemories Home™, ArtRage® Studio
•Anti-Virus Software : Kaspersky® Internet Security 30-Day Trial Offer12

Audio
•Sound System : Intel® High Definition Audio with ClearAudio+

•Color : Black

Display
•Display Technology : Full HD, Triluminos Display for Mobile
•Screen Size : 11.6"
•Resolution : 1920 x 1080
•Touch Technology : Capacitive Touchscreen, Digitizer Support
•Backlight Technology : LED

•ROHS® : Compliant
•EPEAT™ : Silver
•ENERGY STAR® : 5.1

General
•Pointing Device : Wireless Keyboard Cover with Clickable Touchpad (Gesture Supported)
•Action Buttons : ASSIST, Windows
•Security : Intel® Platform Trust Technology

Graphics
•Maximum Resolution HDMI : 1920 x 1080
•Graphics Video RAM : Internal
•Graphics Processor : Intel® HD Graphics

Hardware
•Camera : Front HD Web Camera powered by Exmor R® for PC and Rear 8.0 MP Camera powered by Exmor RS® for PC and microphone
•Keyboard : Wireless QWERTY, 82 keys with 1.1mm stroke and 19mm pitch

Inputs and Outputs
•DC-In : 1
•Micro HDMI Output : 1
•microSD : 1
•Headphone Output + Microphone Input : 1
•USB 3.0 : 1 (Charge)
•Dual Array Microphone : Yes

Memory
•Installed Memory : 4GB (4GB x 1)
•Max. Memory : Fixed
•Memory Type/Speed : DDR3L / 1600MHz

Power
•Battery Type : Internal Lithium Polymer Battery (VGP-BPS39 3800mAh)
•Battery Life : Up to 6 hours10

•Limited Warranty Term : 1 Year
•Toll-Free Phone Support : 888-476-69728
•Priority Phone Support : 239-768-76058

Storage
•Storage Capacity : 128GB4
•Storage Type : Serial ATA Solid State Drive

Weights and Measurements
•Dimensions (Approx.) : 12.00" (W) x 0.39" (H) x 7.40" (D)
•Weight (Approx.) : 1.70 lbs. (Main Unit, with Internal Battery)

Wireless/Networking
•Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth Standard (4.0 + HS)
•NFC : Yes
•Wi-Fi® Adapter : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 (802.11a/b/g/n)

rated:
In 4 1.  Bit the bullet and ordered the i5 version.  The rep gave me the case, extra AC adapter and a 32GB SD card.

rated:
LongDongSilver;18525881 said:
In 4 1.  Bit the bullet and ordered the i5 version.  The rep gave me the case, extra AC adapter and a 32GB SD card.

Did you get free shipping?

rated:
Just bought one. $5 shipping. Total $588.78 for Texas.

I've seen this tablet/PC in Sony store. Absolutely brilliant piece. Couldn't pull the trigger because of the price tag before, but as soon as I saw the deal I called right away.

Skipping 163 Messages...
rated:
I kept mine, and I'm keeping my Surface Pro 3 too. They're different devices.

Especially with Console OS on the Tap 11, it's going to be my lounge tablet... Surface Pro 3 is just too heavy to enjoy on the couch comfortably.

Pro 3 on the other hand sits next to my MacBook Pro for productivity. When I need to go to a meeting or something, I don't have to lug my Retina MacBook with me... admittedly I don't use the stylus though.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014