I'm happy with mine. Keyboard is not great but better than expected. just spent 2 nights straight installing windows updates lol. Yeah its the intel extreme tuning utility.
It will run as a service and remember your voltage settings. That means you need to be careful. If you set voltage too low, the pc will crash and you may have trouble booting back up (because it will set your low voltage setting again)
I'm still at -50mV on graphics, cache and core and not a single crash, actually this thing has been impressively stable. Might go lower. Do you have a link explaining this for the masses ? I wouldn't recommend undervolting to the masses. I will say I ran -65Mv and never had stability problems. It did help with performance on demanding apps too.
You have to set the offset voltage for graphics, core and cache separately. I ran -0.065 volt offset on each and it ran great.
Anyway, I returned both of mine. Battery life not good enough with the new devices coming out. Even surface pro 3 is only 40% more for double the batt life, much better design and faster to boot.
magnafides said: asuka said: magnafides said: Just picked one up at the Aventura, FL store. They had 4 in stock (including mine) when I got there, but while I was checking out there were multiple people calling trying to get them to ship (probably some folks here) -- it sounded like they were turned away.
Anyways, no accessories left but they gave me two free VAIO laptop bags. Nice deal!
The laptop bags are a standard free accessory. And they're sleek, too. The 14-incher holds the Tap 11 perfectly and leaves room for accessories. The rubberized back keeps it from moving much.
The bags that I got looks like they are for 17" laptops, they're huge... not very useful to me so I'll just give them away.
Does anyone have any suggestions for cases/sleeves? And can anyone tell me how to remove the stylus holder? There's a little tab that snaps in but I feel like I'm gonna break it if I pull it out by force... a little disappointing that there's nowhere to store the stylus in the tablet...
Here are some cases/cover I found and purchased.
1. Protection Film (I picked entire protection one-tablet & keyboard) Skinomi | Reg Price $44.95 | Amazon Review $33.71 = $44.95 - $11.24(25% OFF Coupon Saving! | Code:skinomi25) + Tax + FREE S&H - Just received it today, will update after installation! (Update!) => It is definitely the product you need to consider when you want to keep your device scratch free! Great fit!
2. Official Sony Case/Bag Choice 1 | VGPCK1 | VAIO 11" Slim Carrying Case | Official Sony Site - This is the official VAIO 11 case which also has stylus holder on the side. - Most Sony Stores are no longer available at this time. - Only fits VAIO Tab 11 & Stylus without charger(NO extra room for AC adapter). - Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx. 13.3" x 8.7" x 1.3" (w x h x d) - Possible Purchase Stores a. rakuten.com @ $49.99 | Not sure they actually can fulfill the item since it seems like seller is Sony b. Amazon.com @ $69.99 | a bit over priced and only 1 left as of today(6/27/2014). I purchased one @ $46.99 few days ago. Update! one more seller @ $46.99 (6/28)! c. frys.com @ $49.99 | While supplies last with only certain in stock pickup order is possible for certain locations. No online shipping order.
Choice 2 | VGPCKT6 | VAIO Ultrabook Slim Carrying Case | Official Sony Site - This is the most similar alternative case that might also possible to fit the AC adapter together based on the size. - Dimensions (Approx.) : 13.4" (W) x 10.1" (H) x 1.3" (D) - Possible Purchase Stores a. Amazon.com @ $39.99 | Only 16 left as of today(6/27/2014). It is bigger but cheaper! b. frys.com @ $49.99 | Shipping order is possible c. eBay @ $39.99 + $3(S&H) | NEW
3. Keyboard Skin | Color Keyboard Cover Skin Protector eBay @ $7.99 + FREE S&H | This was the only colored one I found. You could find non-colored/transparent clear one. - Just received it yesterday. It fits perfectly to VAIO Tab 11 keyboard.
okashiraaa said: polishdreamer said: LongDongSilver said: polishdreamer said: LongDongSilver said: If you bought online and didn't like it, can you return it to the store? Yes you can, within 30 days of purchase. Is there a restocking fee if you changed your mind? No, all money back within 30 days. That' not what they told me. The receipt said 15% restocking fee when returned open. They wanted to charge me 15% when I went to Houston store to return it. I was able to argue with the manager and he waived it. Said "it's going back to the other store anyways." Sony store refunds the entire amount if you take it back.
I kept mine, and I'm keeping my Surface Pro 3 too. They're different devices.
Especially with Console OS on the Tap 11, it's going to be my lounge tablet... Surface Pro 3 is just too heavy to enjoy on the couch comfortably.
Pro 3 on the other hand sits next to my MacBook Pro for productivity. When I need to go to a meeting or something, I don't have to lug my Retina MacBook with me... admittedly I don't use the stylus though.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.