• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
If this is legal in your area, you're getting one he'll of a deal...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/colt-competition-sporti...

Caliber: .223 Remington / 5.56x45mm NATO
Operation: Gas-Operated, Original Direct-Impingement System
Magazine Capacity: One 30 Round Magazine included.†
Overall Length (Collapsed): 32.75" (83.18cm)
Overall Length (Extended): 36.00" (91.44cm)
Barrel Length: 16" Mid-Weight Barrel (40.64cm)
Barrel Muzzle Threads: Barrel Threaded 1/2" Dia. - 28 TPI
Approximate Weight w/o Magazine: 6.45 lbs (2.92kg)
Barrel Rifling: 6-groove, Button-Rifled, 1 turn in 8", R.H. twist
Mode of Fire Options: Safe / Fire
Manufactured: Made in the USA

If you could marry a competition rifle with a military rifle Ė the CSR-1516 would probably be its offspring! Introducing the CSR-1516. A sporting rifle that your friends are going to drool over (cleanup cloth optional).
This rifle has all the features and appointments that a competition rifle hasÖ only itís a sporting rifle. Really? You bet! How about a 13 slot Picatinny Rail on a slick side flat top receiver, or an integrally-forged enlarged trigger guard. Donít forget other high-end features like a Nickel-Teflon coated Colt match-Target trigger, or 16Ē 4140 Chrome-Moly steel air-gaged match-quality barrel and even a low profile gas block. And we didnít forget that people donít come ďone size fits allĒ. Which is why we made sure that this little Colt has a six-position adjustable carbine stock in an improved M4 style. It may look like a cross between a military and competitive rifle, but we assure you Ė itís a sporting rifle!
Itís time to get serious about your rifles.
Hand built in the United States.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

gun (13.03kB)
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
make it even hotter with my palmetto state armory post

rated:
Wow, a genuine Colt for under $700 brand new! Looks like it might be a bit more accurate than the S&W versions in the same price range.

rated:
spdracer5g said:   Wow, a genuine Colt for under $700 brand new! Looks like it might be a bit more accurate than the S&W versions in the same price range.
††
I'm not sure this is made in a Colt factory, I think it's licensed to another company for Colt? Never the less is a very hot deal.

rated:
I'm glad I sold my doublestar (with lots of ammo and a few accessories) for $1400 just barely over 13 months ago! I figured prices would come back down, but I don't know if I've EVER seen a Colt this low.

rated:
I have no first-hand experience to say if this is a good or bad rifle, but if you want a Colt AR-15 for the sake of having a Colt AR-15 - this is a licensed Colt product using some Colt parts but not a "real" Colt like a 6920 or similar.

It's not a traditional Colt lower, 1:8 twist non-chrome lined barrel, no buis, no mag, no forward assist or dust cover on the unique (not standard) upper.† Just my .02 - but I'd suggest if you want a value rifle you just go ahead and build up a PSA Premium midlength with the midwest rail for ~$650 or a base handguard model for ~$550.†

Or if you want a real Colt - get in on one of the various sub $900 6920 deals that are floating around out there that include buis ($100) and a legit Colt upper, lower, and barrel.† Though I openly admit a oem railed Colt or adding a rail will push you into the $1,100 range.

Lots of people put value in that Colt name, and Colt realizes that.† That's why you can get cheap Colt plastic AR accessories, Colt-branded Russian steel case ammunition, and Colt-branded entry level AR-15's.† There's nothing wrong with that but know what you are buying.

rated:

maxcom;18522926 said:
spdracer5g said:   Wow, a genuine Colt for under $700 brand new! Looks like it might be a bit more accurate than the S&W versions in the same price range.
††
I'm not sure this is made in a Colt factory, I think it's licensed to another company for Colt? Never the less is a very hot deal.

††

Colt Competition Rifles†makes guns under license for Coltís Manufacturing Company, according to an Outdoor Life test of this rifle.

rated:
Hand built in the United States.
So nice to see those words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated:
cyberpitstop said:   Hand built in the United States.
So nice to see those words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

††

Haha. †That's because guns are banned in every other country. † Had to do it, lol

rated:
from the manufacturer's website: "This rifle is a licensed product of New Colt Holding Corp., and is manufactured under License by BOLD IDEAS TEXAS."

http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/Firearms/ColtSportingRifleMo...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014