• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

people express
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

One of my earliest memories is being perched up on my Dad's shoulder and looking at the People's Express sign while we waited in line at the airport. PBI to New York. I believe the sign said $29 or $39 for the ticket..

Now, 35 years later, I can relive the memory! Thanks Deregulation!

Hope they are able to last, unlike the other 'rebooted' carriers like PanAm.
Very reasonable $59 one way for me as a Pittsburgh area flyer to head down to Virginia Beach...

Wonder if this is RyanAir's (EU's nickel-and-dime expert) beachhead into North America...?

Wonder if some FWer would be generous enough and the fill in into the cost of the "optional charges" (wouldn't let you know unless you put a passenger's name into it, that should be spelled out beforehand) and how does that compare to let's say Southwest, Frontier or Spirit (the latter two are notorious nickel-and-dimers)...

Fond memories of People Express - I worked at the airline for two years while I was in college. I miss the $5 per leg flights for employees!

$25 per carry-on bag fee

If it fits under the seat (backpack, etc) then you can carry on for free.

https://www.flypex.com/Baggage
Items stored under the seat in front of you must not exceed 16" X 7" X 15".

I love to see LCC (Low Cost Carriers), but this one with it's own words: "a la carte service model"
and charges for :
1.all bags, carry-on (including a roll-a-board 21") or checked, (except your briefcase/backpack) 
2.seat assignments
3.exit row seats

It doesn't look any different to me than Spirit for example, but good luck to them and anyone who snags a deeply discounted seat. Unfortunately, for me, I am not in any of their service areas or I would give them a try just for comparison!

Now all we need is a return of Trump airlines and we'll be back in the golden days of deregulated airways!

An "airline" with 3 planes, soon to be 5, that it's leasing from Vision Airlines (a real top notch airline - Grand Canyon charters...). Vision Airlines will be operating the planes, i.e. the only thing "PeopleExpress" about them is the painted on logo.

I flew PeopleExpress extensively when it existed and this is not it.

$152 round trip non stop flight from NN to West Palm Beach is hot!

During high school, I used to volunteer @ PHF in the welcome center booth.

Glad to have another cheap option in the Hampton Roads area. Might go down to St. Pete this fall just bc it's cheap!

Coffee is cheaper ($1.00 on-board) as compared to Airport vendors ~$3.00 Menu

Saw this on Fox News--big deluxe seat is $59 ($30 on Spirit), sodas are $2 and "snacks" are free. Allegedly was started by some former employees who were "shocked" the name was still available. Looking to operate in airports where AirTran & similar out of business airlines were & left an opening. I am in DFW so don't think we will get to find out here

Excellent news! I sure hope they fly the Oakland, CA-Newark, NJ and Oakland-Boston routes like they did back in the mid 80s. I was on the maiden BOS-OAK People's Express flight and they handed out glasses of champagne to all of the passengers - sigh, those were the days

OOrochiimaru said:   $152 round trip non stop flight from NN to West Palm Beach is hot!
  If only they flew from elsewhere to West Palm . I live in PA but it looks like NN is the only route that goes to West Palm, without doing some crazy scheduling and booking two different flights...one from Newark to NN, and one from there to West Palm. UGH

Does anyone remember National Airlines? Unlimited free layovers of any duration in Vegas for any flight. Those were good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Airlines_(1999%E2%80%93200...

MBZ32190 said:   
OOrochiimaru said:   $152 round trip non stop flight from NN to West Palm Beach is hot!
  If only they flew from elsewhere to West Palm . I live in PA but it looks like NN is the only route that goes to West Palm, without doing some crazy scheduling and booking two different flights...one from Newark to NN, and one from there to West Palm. UGH

where in PA?

MISTERCHEAP said:   
MBZ32190 said:   

where in PA?

Philly area, but I would drive to Newark if the price was right..

MBZ32190 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MBZ32190 said:   

where in PA?

Philly area, but I would drive to Newark if the price was right..

Check out Frontier out of  Wilmington DE or Trenton to FL cities. www.flyfrontier.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014