• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My 55" Panasonic Plasma crapped out after 2 years, so I needed a new TV.
The LG 60" smart tv plasma is on sale at Microcenter for $599.99, in-store only,  This is a 2014 model, streams netflix, hulu, Amazon and several others.
I price matched it at Best Buy as I didn't want to spend the extra 2 hours in rush hour traffic.  You have to be within 25 miles of a MC to price match at BB.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/431963/60_1080p_Smart_Plasma_... 

Member Summary

LG 60PB6600
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
As far as I can tell, the picture is quite fine, especially if you turn some features on (dynamic contrast etc) and tune... (more)

papajoker (Jun. 19, 2014 @ 5:49p) |

Just picked up this TV, but the picture is only so/so. Did you guys tweak the video settings? If yes, can you share the ... (more)

SkipSwift (Jun. 28, 2014 @ 9:28p) |

http://www.amazon.com/review/R35IGKEUNSCQBZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=...

I followed settings from above link, and the picture ... (more)

papajoker (Jun. 28, 2014 @ 10:00p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just realized, the site does not list the price, but if you click the email quote, it will send it to you instantly.

Haven't followed plasma specs, so this sounds like a good deal... Is this one's specs pretty decent? how does it compare to a 120hz or 240hz LCD/LED TV in fluid motion? power consumption to comparable sized LCD/LED?

Thanks

If this is the same one I was looking at last week, it's a 600hz model so it should look spectacular.

I've had if for less than 18 hours, but in watching bluray, there are no motion issues with this TV.

Ordered a 55" Vizio LED for the same price for delivery Friday...debating whether or not to cancel that one and replace it with this.

I'm afraid I can't really help you as I'm still very much a plasma fan. I'm not a fan of LED's, other than the 4K ones. The 4K LED's have really great black levels, I haven't seen the same performance from the standard HD LED's. I was highly tempted by the 65" Samsung 4K LED as it had plasma black levels and a truly gorgeous picture, but it was $3200. Plus 4K content is expensive and a PITA to get. I figure this will tide me over a few years until 4K costs $1000 or so.

Just realized the Vizio was $699 (oops). a 60" Plasma for $100 less is a no-brainer. Called Best Buy and was told I had to do the price match in store, so I plan to stop by after work. Hoping they can still do the home delivery, or if not, let me buy and pick up at another location so I can rent a van

lrothkcsa said:   Just realized the Vizio was $699 (oops). a 60" Plasma for $100 less is a no-brainer. Called Best Buy and was told I had to do the price match in store, so I plan to stop by after work. Hoping they can still do the home delivery, or if not, let me buy and pick up at another location so I can rent a van
  Just did same thing here. Got an Email Price quote first from MC, and showed the email to local BB (2 miles away). And BB offered free delivery plus reward points, even a better deal!

Just picked one up. Just fit in my XC60. If you're curious, the box is 59.5"x11"x37". Now, to get this sucker on the wall.

This deal is still going on. Might be that microcenter is having the sale all June.

A week in, I'm quite happy with this TV. Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon streaming all work well, which is way more than I can say about my two year old dead Panasonic plasma which has major sync issues with hulu. Blu-ray looks fantastic. It also has a very good upscaler for standard def sources.

Price matched to Best Buy (Norwalk, CT) without issue. Pulled up email from Microcenter with model number and price, they checked link to ensure stock then OK'd price match.

CaptCaveman said:   Just picked one up. Just fit in my XC60. If you're curious, the box is 59.5"x11"x37". Now, to get this sucker on the wall.
Staffs at  Micro Center didn't allow me to put the TV flat.

chibimike said:   This deal is still going on. Might be that microcenter is having the sale all June.

A week in, I'm quite happy with this TV. Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon streaming all work well, which is way more than I can say about my two year old dead Panasonic plasma which has major sync issues with hulu. Blu-ray looks fantastic. It also has a very good upscaler for standard def sources.

Quick Question, does this LG model has ARC through any of  its HDMI ports? It is not listed in the manual. And some unofficial customer reviews mentioned that it may not have that.

papajoker said:   
CaptCaveman said:   Just picked one up. Just fit in my XC60. If you're curious, the box is 59.5"x11"x37". Now, to get this sucker on the wall.
Staffs at  Micro Center didn't allow me to put the TV flat.

They didn't recommend it but since I live two blocks away from the store, the tv was on it's back for a couple of minutes, no issues.

This is frustrating as hell for people who dont have a MC nearby. No online retailers or B&Ms to price match on a non-MC (WA) state?

papajoker said:   
chibimike said:   This deal is still going on. Might be that microcenter is having the sale all June.

Quick Question, does this LG model has ARC through any of  its HDMI ports? It is not listed in the manual. And some unofficial customer reviews mentioned that it may not have that.

Sorry, I have no idea as I never heard of ARC until your post.

jkpriyan said:   This is frustrating as hell for people who dont have a MC nearby. No online retailers or B&Ms to price match on a non-MC (WA) state?

Try frys. They claim to match internet prices. And they have it for 688 right now so it's not a stretch on the price either

chibimike said:   
papajoker said:   

Sorry, I have no idea as I never heard of ARC until your post.

Thank you for the reply anyway. The TV was just delivered and I saw the ARC sign on HDMI-1 port.

How is the picture on this? The one I saw in Microcenter had very washed out image (as higher brightness low contrast). I was wondering if that was due to poor calibration.

hasu said:   How is the picture on this? The one I saw in Microcenter had very washed out image (as higher brightness low contrast). I was wondering if that was due to poor calibration.
As far as I can tell, the picture is quite fine, especially if you turn some features on (dynamic contrast etc) and tune up some settings.

I've used the usb port to play two movies, both are smooth and have good picture quality. For $600, this is great.

Just picked up this TV, but the picture is only so/so. Did you guys tweak the video settings? If yes, can you share the details?

SkipSwift said:   Just picked up this TV, but the picture is only so/so. Did you guys tweak the video settings? If yes, can you share the details?
  http://www.amazon.com/review/R35IGKEUNSCQBZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=...

I followed settings from above link, and the picture quality is much better now. But I also have the PC browser brightness problem. Basically, when the screen in mostly whit, it tunes down its brightness automatically. Following is copied from the link:

Settings:

Picture Mode: ISF Expert 1
Contrast 98
Brightness 55
H Sharpness 46
V Sharpness 43
Color 53
Tint R8

Expert Controls:
Dynamic Contrast OFF
Noise Reduction OFF
Gamma MEDIUM
Black Level LOW
Color Gamut WIDE
Edge Enhance3er OFF
White Balance WARM
Method 20 Point IRE
Pattern Outter

White Balance:
IRE Red Green Blue
100 50 50 -50
95 11 5 -50
90 -20 29 -50
85 9 45 -30
80 -9 35 -50
75 5 30 -25
70 -16 11 -49
65 0 31 -25
60 -14 0 -49
55 -33 0 -30
50 -7 0 -24
45 -21 0 -16
40 -7 0 -24
35 9 0 -13
30 -17 0 -17
25 -14 0 24
20 -29 0 -17
15 -27 -5 12
10 -28 0 -17
5 0 0 0

Gamut
Color Tint
Red 0 -10
Green 8 4
Blue -1 0
Yellow -4 -11
Cyan -3 8
Magenta 2 -1

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014