• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/promotions/prime.html/ref=dmm_pr... 

Apps for IOS/Android are here http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dmm_prm_st_bb_cp_app?ie=UTF8&node=2658409011 [Thanks inkspoof]

Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists.Unlimited, ad-free streaming.
Free with Amazon Prime
Listen from your phone, tablet, and computer.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
it's a little rough and half assed at launch but improving. I couldn't get anything to work at first but now very happy ... (more)

Monkeybiz (Jun. 13, 2014 @ 5:35p) |

Thanks, It took them a couple days, but Amazon *finally* updated my Kindle Fire HD this morning with this music.

MGR (Jun. 14, 2014 @ 5:03p) |

Happened to me too

jamiesummer (Jun. 20, 2014 @ 1:29a) |

Dear Customers,

A little more than 3 years ago we launched Prime Instant Video, adding unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows to the existing Prime benefit of Free Two-Day Shipping. It has turned out to be one of the most important things we've done for Amazon Prime members. Today, we are doing it again for music — introducing Prime Music, the newest benefit of Prime membership.
With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs and hundreds of expert-programmed Prime Playlists. Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from top artists like Daft Punk, P!nk, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, The Lumineers, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. And we'll be adding more music all the time. Here's a list of popular artists in Prime Music.

In designing Prime Music, we wanted to remove the barriers between you and the music you love. We removed cost. You can listen to the entire Prime Music catalog for free — it's included in your Prime membership. We removed interruptions. Don't worry about having your music constantly disrupted by ads... you won't hear any. We removed listening restrictions. Choose exactly what song to listen to, repeat your favorite song over and over again, or download music to your phone or tablet to listen offline.

Finally, we removed one more barrier — deciding what to listen to. Just play any of the hundreds of Prime Playlists our music experts have created for you. Check out the Prime Playlists here.

Prime members in the US can start listening to Prime Music today at www.primemusic.com. Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices will get Prime Music in an automatic, over-the-air update. You can also download the latest Amazon Music app in the Android and iOS appstores. If you're not yet a Prime member, start a 30-day free trial today. We think you'll find the convenience of free two-day shipping combined with access to a huge selection of movies, TV, music and books to be an incredible value for just $99 a year.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Excellent... No windows phone support... Thanks Amazon...

rated:
Wierd. When I click on the link, then "Explore Prime Music," nothing happens. Maybe it is because I am on an iphone.

rated:
Any option for offline listening?

rated:
ruwebb said:   Wierd. When I click on the link, then "Explore Prime Music," nothing happens. Maybe it is because I am on an iphone.
  It will not load on my iphone, but it will on my laptop.

rated:
Not on my Android either. Crap

rated:
f2000sa said:   Any option for offline listening?
  From the 'Learn More' page:

No Internet connection? No problem
Download songs from the Prime Music catalog to your mobile devices for offline playback on a plane, train or anywhere 
without an Internet connection.

rated:
Works great from my laptop in my office, thanks for pointing this out OP! Will have to try on my phone later...

rated:

rated:
inkspoof said:   Apps for IOS/Android are here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dmm_prm_st_bb_cp_app?ie=UTF8&node=26...
  Thank you. I hope you don't mind if I add it to the op. ((Hugs))

rated:
The apps (Aazon MP3 etc) has not updated for Prime Music yet.  It has no idea about prime music. 

rated:
So far Amazon prime has no Amazon Video Streaming or Amazon Music streaming support for android devices. Stupid

rated:
smmaroof said:   So far Amazon prime has no Amazon Video Streaming or Amazon Music streaming support for android devices. Stupid
  I agree, That is stupid

rated:
Thanks OP.

rated:
letsspendlotsofmoney's logic:
iTunes.....no Windows Phone support..... Thanks Apple!

rated:
smmaroof said:   So far Amazon prime has no Amazon Video Streaming or Amazon Music streaming support for android devices. Stupid
  I haven't tried this myself, but I recently read that by using the Puffin browser, you can watch Prime video through that.  Perhaps it might work for Prime music as well.

rated:
Sweet!!!!

rated:
I already had the Amazon Music app installed, and it said nothing about Prime. Went into the Amazon App store app and there were no updates, even after checking. I then uninstalled the app and re-installed and not only did my icon change to the new one but I also now have the Prime music.

There's always bugs on new launches. No biggie when there's a work-around.

rated:
Can anyone comment on comparison to spotify? I have the 10/mo spotify plan for the offline while flying, but if prime has similar selection I can dump it.

rated:
Can anyone comment on comparison to spotify?

Prime video Vs Netflix?

rated:
jd2010 said:   Can anyone comment on comparison to spotify? I have the 10/mo spotify plan for the offline while flying, but if prime has similar selection I can dump it.
Prime Music = 1M songs, Spotify = 20M songs

rated:
importcf said:   letsspendlotsofmoney's logic:
iTunes.....no Windows Phone support..... Thanks Apple!

Amazon is not Apple or Google... I do realize that the widows market is smaller, but Amazon does sell many windows products and it would be nice to have it supported... Until then... I will use my Nokia Music app on my windows phone for plenty of commerical free music and no fees... Even cheaper than my Amazon prime...

rated:
Selection seems fine but I'm not exactly giving up Rdio

rated:
I am from CA and since Amazon started collecting tax, I personally do not find prime to be a cost effective.

My experience when I had prime also included me buying stuff that I do not really need.

Amazon had tried to make prime attractive by providing movies/music etc. I do not use netflix much so the movie part does not add value. Several options for music.

Now my strategy is to scour the internet and find the best deal anywhere . The strategy end up with me buying less from Amazon because I usually find a cheaper option outside.

rated:
Many thanx for the tip, OP -- listening on laptop as I type.

Green.

rated:
Lots of people claim to find better deals from other retailers but I consistently check medium-big ticket items and rarely find a better price. I buy lots of non-perishable groceries,, toiletries, etc. at significant discounts delivered to my door. Last year I had about an order for every day of the year. Add Video and now Music on top of that and Prime is a no-brainer for me.

rated:
Very buggy app. The prime playlist does not load. Crashed my iphone5. Looks like they need to really work out the bugs.

rated:
iznogould said:   Very buggy app. The prime playlist does not load. Crashed my iphone5. Looks like they need to really work out the bugs.
  Get a better phone?

rated:
Works great on my PC.  Green for you, OP!

rated:
Works fine with Android, I've been using it for hours on a Razr M, 4.4.2. I think I still prefer Pandora, it music logarithm is much better than "playlists"

rated:
Does anyone know where Prime stores its files on an android phone? I have a Galaxy S4 and wanted to make sure they were stores on the SD card.

rated:
Nevermind, just found them, in the phoneandroiddatacom.Amazon.mp3filesmusic folder.

Ok next question, how can I change the download location to the sdcard?

rated:
I pay $8 for Google Play Music right now, and do also have Amazon Prime.
With Google Play I create playlists of any music I want and I can play them on basically any device that has the app.

So I picked an album by Daft Punk and was able to add that to my Library for free.
But then I picked another album from Capital Cities and I could not add it for free. 

I guess its a new service but will be curious to see if it can replace Google Play Music for me.

rated:
Lots of discussion about different devices, but oddly no mention of a couple that me thinks this feature is truly targeted at strengthening. The single function I really am disappointed to not have on my Fire TV is AmazonMP3, and Amazon is launching its own smartphone in a week. I am a fairly dedicated Windows Phone user, and have been on the fence about upgrading my low end Lumia 521 to a Lumia 925. This new Prime feature combined with Amazon's terrific customer service and return policies has me thinking about giving their new phone a try.

rated:
Saying you must be a Prime member on the app, and I am and have been for years. Not recognizing my account as prime.

rated:
"expert-programmed Prime Playlists"   = lousy music selections

rated:
JohnGalt69 said:   Lots of people claim to find better deals from other retailers but I consistently check medium-big ticket items and rarely find a better price. I buy lots of non-perishable groceries,, toiletries, etc. at significant discounts delivered to my door. Last year I had about an order for every day of the year. Add Video and now Music on top of that and Prime is a no-brainer for me.
  hmm, should we buy Amazon stock as Amazon gets more popular?

rated:
"Amazon Music", a new app replaces the old Amazon mp3 app....ya gotta download it.  It shows the new category Prime Music.

They have hundreds of playlists of all genres....I found some good ones.  You can download to your phone (my HTC one) and play offline. 

rated:
good one.

Skipping 9 Messages...
rated:
ruwebb said:   Wierd. When I click on the link, then "Explore Prime Music," nothing happens. Maybe it is because I am on an iphone.
  Happened to me too

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014