• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Brondell Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat Elongated White-L60-EW at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Gawhead make your jokes. This seat is a definite must have. Both the elongated and round models in WHITE are on sale for $74. I got one the last time they had them on sale and I couldn't live without it now.

They usually go for around $100 or more. The heated feature is the essential part, but it's got a nightlight (blue LED) and a gentle close feature as well.

Brondell Heated Toilet Seat @ Home Depot

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do a lot of people have GFI outlets next to their toilet?

Ignite said:   Do a lot of people have GFI outlets next to their toilet?
I really couldn't tell you.

I put one in when I got this. It's not a tremendous undertaking for most DIY'ers. Up to some limit (maybe 4 maybe 6 ? dunno recall for sure) any outlet down stream from the actual GFI device is GFI protected (assuming you wire it properly). When I added GFI, I added an outlet in proximity to the commode. I also in this process provided GFI protection to all the outlets in my bathroom which I needed anyway. My house was originally wired before GFI was code for bathroom wiring.

This seat does require a GFI protected circuit.

Is there an auto shutoff feature for the heat? I want to put it in a rarely used basement bathroom, but would worry that somebody would turn it on and I'd find the heated seat still on a few days later.

civicSI said:   Is there an auto shutoff feature for the heat? I want to put it in a rarely used basement bathroom, but would worry that somebody would turn it on and I'd find the heated seat still on a few days later.
It's more of a "ready when you are" concept.

I'm sure the energy usage is minimal. There are three selectable levels of warming and an "on" or "off" choice for the night light and for the warming feature. Turning it off sorta defeats the purpose. I imagine there's some thermostatic control that energizes the warming element to maintain the level you select, but that would be 24/7.

In summary: Plug n' Play, Ready When You Are, Set it n' Forget it.

double post squirrelly FW

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014