• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Northern-Popcorn-Premium-Coconut/dp/...

The healthy way to pop movie theater quality popcorn.
•Movie theater popping oil for your home popping enjoyment.
•Ingredients: Pure white coconut oil
•Gluten FREE, Peanut FREE, NO Milk, NO Eggs, NO Tree Nuts, and NO MSG!
•For use with Great Norther Popcorn or other brand Popcorn Poppers

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is a good price. I usually buy the Nutiva brand at Costco - but it costs more for a smaller container. I like the fact that the Nutiva it is unrefined and cold pressed. We use it for a lot of things, not just popcorn. 

Coconut oil makes the BEST popcorn though. I use it in a Whirly Pop and add some ballpark salt to the coconut oil for popping. SO GOOD. Thanks OP, now I gotta make some popcorn LOL. BTW, the Amish Country popcorn is really good - that's also where I get my ballpark salt.

rated:
NEVER EVER EVER eat non-organic coconut oil..

NEVER!!

rated:
Bizatch said:   NEVER EVER EVER eat non-organic coconut oil..

NEVER!!

Would you like to provide a little context as to "why" we should NEVER, EVER, EVER eat non-organic coconut oil?

rated:
HRJ77 said:   

NEVER!!

Would you like to provide a little context as to "why" we should NEVER, EVER, EVER eat non-organic coconut oil?

It's probably that one weird trick for weight loss. You know, the one that doctors hate. 

rated:
I believe I got a gallon of cold pressed organic coconut oil at Costco in the Willow Brook Tx store for about the same price, and no it was not Nutiva.

rated:
tommyy22 said:   I believe I got a gallon of cold pressed organic coconut oil at Costco in the Willow Brook Tx store for about the same price, and no it was not Nutiva.
  Chances are you did not get a gallon of organic oil for the same price. Maybe the 54 ounce jar, which is plenty big.

rated:
HRJ77 said:   

NEVER!!

I think you generally do not want to buy coconut oil that is not cold pressed, organic, etc., because the very cheap coconut oil that simply says "coconut oil" is generally highly processed, with harsh chemicals, which make it easier to make the oil at the expense of removing taste, odor, nutrients, etc. There are no doubt ways to remove flavor and odor that are less objectionable than others, but you can be pretty sure if the manufacturer is not touting what it does to make its oil "better" than the cheapest oil on the block, you're not getting the good stuff.

Here is a nice summary of the different kinds of coconut oil available...

http://www.foodrenegade.com/how-to-choose-a-good-coconut-oil/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014