• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Samsung ATIV XE700T1C-A02US Tablet, Refurbished (XE700T1C-A02US)

Screen Size: 11.6"
Operating System: Windows 8
Processor Type: Intel
Processor Model: i5-3317U
Processor Speed: 1.5GHz
Processor Core: Dual-core
Cache: 3MB
System Memory (RAM): 4GB
Memory Technology: DDR3
Memory Card Supported: microSD
Storage Capacity: 128GB
Display Screen Type: LED Full HD
WiFi Standard: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
HDMI Output: Yes
Battery Type: Not Available
Graphics: Not Available
Digital Camera: Yes
Digital Camera Pixels: 5MP
WiFi Built In: Yes
Bluetooth-Enabled: Yes
USB Ports: 1
Touch Screen: Yes
GPS Enabled: Not Available
ENERGY STAR Qualified: No
Dimensions: 11.6" x 0.4" x 7.2"
Product Weight: 1.7lbs
Product Number: XE700T1C-A02US

www.ebay.com/itm/181411646818

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
I don't have my Ativ yet, it comes on Friday, but it turns out this 2 in 1 is VERY versatile.

It DOES have GPS. It uses a GNSS chip that needs a software shim (driver) to output NMEA compliant information to your GPS software via a virtual com port. Fortunately, there is one available, and is around $15. You can find it here: http://localizer.centrafuse.com/us/centrafuse-localizer

It DOES do NFC. As a Samsung product, it probably shouldn't surprise you, but yes, this Win 8 tablet shares more than a few features with Samsung's Android tablets and phones. Drivers are available through the Samsung updater - make sure everything is updated for NFC BEFORE you upgrade to 8.1 or there may be issues, such as 8.1 not recognizing your NFC at all.

It DOES support Android. Intel, in its wisdom, built an x86 port for this tablet to showcase the x86 processor. The only caveats are: No GPS (No GNSS driver support in Android, though there is one for linux) and some software isn't compiled for x86, so chances are some of your favorite apps won't work.

Still, if you like the idea of dual booting, here's a guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2401002

Finally, if you just want to use this tablet as a Wacom pad, you can use this guide (there's more posts about the 700t later in the thread): http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/47422-how-set-up-your-samsung-series-7-slate-serious-photoshop-work.html
It covers altering stylus sensitivity, additional programs to support Photoshop and other drawing software, settings changes, etc. Real interesting stuff.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Any idea if this comes with the keyboard and s-pen or not? I tried contacting the seller on eBay but it said they have a high volume and couldn't reply.

I suppose I could buy it and send it back, but I'd prefer not to have to.

-edit- According to the thread from a month ago on that other deals site, it does come with the s-pen and keyboard dock, so it's the complete 2 in 1 setup. You will need to check the keyboard within the 30 day return period, apparently there are some that disconnect randomly.

Bought one.

rated:
Great deal. I paid the same for an Atom version of this tablet two years ago. Compared to other $400 tablets out there available new, this one is a great deal for a fully functional computer/tablet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014