• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Shop Mission EnduraCool Large Instant Cooling Towel - Blue at Lowes.com
Disclaimer
~~
Mission EnduraCool Large Instant Cooling Towel - BlueItem #: 458081 |  Model #: 103702       
3.9 / 5
.             3.8 / 5  3.6 / 5  4 / 5  4 / 5  Lowes

$14.98
New Lower PriceWas: $17.98
Save 17%

http://www.lowes.com/pd_458081-49433-103702_4294687970__?product...

Member Summary

Mission EnduraCool Large Instant Cooling Towel
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very COOOL!!! Gotta get it for my son! He works in landscaping and gets very HOT!

for those interested in this product its also available for the same price at amaz0n with free shipping for prime members.

the large blue, red, pink and green towels are all $14.99 shipped with prime and the large black towel is $12.25 shipped from a third-party.

The most helpful review:

I was very intrigued by this towel and even after I did some research on it and figured that it will not work in Maryland I wanted to buy it and test it.
The towel cools through evaporation and in order for water from the towel to evaporate the air should be fairly dry. This means that people using it in hot and dry Arizona will get the expected result while people in Florida will say that it doesn't work. From what I've read the humidity should be below 30% for any evaporative coolers to work properly.
I got lucky in my testing because the day I bought it, the humidity level was fairly low for Maryland's summer - it was 40% and temps in upper 80s. I poured warmed water onto the towel and notice as it started cooling in my hand the second I went outside. However it only worked for maybe 15 min. I can't say that it was as cool as I was hoping for, but it was definitely cooler than the regular wet towel would feel.
The next morning the humidity was 80% and even that by afternoon it dropped to 50% and 90F, the towel had no cooling effect what so ever. It rather felt like a wet bathing suit. I tossed it in the freezer and I am sure tomorrow it will be nice and cool no matter what humidity level is
I also tried wrapping it around my head as a bandana , but unfortunately after maybe 15 min, my head felt very itchy and I had to take it off.
The bottom line is - if you live in the area with very humid summer's you might want to save your money. Even though I am sure it works wonderfully under proper conditions I gave this item two stars because I feel that the company is cheating it's consumers by not providing detailed parameters under which this item gives optimum performance. All the box says is: "..The result may very depending on the climate.." leaving consumers guessing what that climate should be.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014