• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

miracle-gro
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

tiny reminder is that the rebate is not good for big box stores

What do you mean "big box stores"?

Not valid at Mass Merchants, Home Centers, Clubs, or Discount Stores. 

bilyclub said:   Not valid at Mass Merchants, Home Centers, Clubs, or Discount Stores. 
And specifically, "at participating Independent Hardware and/or Garden Center stores where eligible Scotts® products are sold". What is a participating store? Would Ace stores qualify?
alam said:   What do you mean "big box stores"?
Not WalMart, Home Depot or Lowes.

How do we get "FAR" from OP's rebate form link? It appears to offer "up to" $20 back but I couldn't tell what purchase requitprement is... reading on a crappy phone screen at the moment... what did I miss?

labboypro said:   How do we get "FAR" from OP's rebate form link? It appears to offer "up to" $20 back but I couldn't tell what purchase requirement is... reading on a crappy phone screen at the moment... what did I miss?
You need to buy 2 bags. Not clear how much that would be at the required purchase locations.

Here's the actual rebate form with some more details.

https://scottsmiraclegrorebates.com/OfferImage.aspx?image=14REB11&manufacturer=71549&offerCode=

Nothing FAR in this offer, simply up to $20 back. OP has not provided anything that shows FAR. Please change title.

billrubin said:   
bilyclub said:   Not valid at Mass Merchants, Home Centers, Clubs, or Discount Stores. 
And specifically, "at participating Independent Hardware and/or Garden Center stores where eligible Scotts® products are sold". What is a participating store? Would Ace stores qualify?
alam said:   What do you mean "big box stores"?
Not WalMart, Home Depot or Lowes.

On that other board, someone called and posted this:

called, No Lowes, HD, WM or Target. others ok, like Ace/OSH


I will independently call tomorrow and double verify.

I saw this when it was posted a few weeks ago (when the "big box store" (read "anyplace that you would be likely to get a deal on this stuff"). It's basically an Ace, Tru-Value, or similar, store.
One an another topic, I read numerous posts in that other thread complaining about the poor quality of the Garden Soil. Having now bought some myself, I can confirm that it's pretty crappy; closer to mulch than garden soil. Can't understand why MiracleGro would squander their rep by selling an inferior product like this.

billrubin said:   
labboypro said:   How do we get "FAR" from OP's rebate form link? It appears to offer "up to" $20 back but I couldn't tell what purchase requirement is... reading on a crappy phone screen at the moment... what did I miss?
You need to buy 2 bags. Not clear how much that would be at the required purchase locations.

Here's the actual rebate form with some more details.

https://scottsmiraclegrorebates.com/OfferImage.aspx?image=14REB11&manufacturer=71549&offerCode=

  It says $2 for each bag.  So if you buy 2 bags then you only get back $4, which mostly likely is much less than what you actually paid for (stores like Ace usually have high retail prices).  Basically this is NOT a FAR deal. 

Updated the original post with additional details.

It is priced at $4.88 at WalMart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Miracle-Gro-Garden-Soil-for-Flowers-an...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Miracle-Gro-Garden-Soil-for-Trees-and-...

Home Depot/Lowes is similar price. Ace is $1 more as detailed above.

deals4travel said:   Updated the original post with additional details.
 

  
Since you're updating the post, how about getting rid of the 'FAR' reference?  There is nothing FAR about $5-6/bag less $2/bag rebate.
 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014