rated:
I just noticed that Amazon updated my account with the Amazon Phone Link

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOE0WKQ 

Comes on AT&T
32Gb
$199 On Contract
$649 Off Contract

64Gb costs $100 more.
Honestly I don't know about the features so I can't really post them here but the link above shows it.
Comes with 1 year of Prime.
Ships on July 25th

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
What'd you expect? It's hardly a deal.

cpmaverick (Jun. 20, 2014 @ 6:18p) |

I wont buy it for this price right now. But when I bought my S3 on T-Mobile, two years ago I paid $199 with two year con... (more)

hasu (Jun. 21, 2014 @ 9:17a) |

Nope, won't buy this at this price.  I would have bought it for $99 w/ a free year of Prime though.  Unfortunately IF it... (more)

pecanpie (Jun. 26, 2014 @ 5:08a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   I just noticed that Amazon updated my account with the Amazon Phone Link

This has been up since this afternoon.  Not even on the same planet as having a chance to be FW HD material...but I guess it was just a matter of time before someone posted this   rubbish. 

Please tell me what part of a $200 phone with contract.. exclusive to one carrier is a hot deal ? 

rated:

Please tell me what part of a $200 phone with contract.. exclusive to one carrier is a hot deal ? 

I asked a Mod that question once, they said as long as it's something that you can buy and it's on 'sale' it's a Hot Deal.

A Hot - Hot Deal?  Dunno, it's too new to say.

rated:
This phone is a terrible deal and goes against everything Amazon has been trying to do with their fire brand. Not competitive at all.

rated:
Uhm. How is this a deal? It's the same price as any top end phone. *yawn*

rated:
Is this a joke?

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   Is this a joke?
  No, it's not a joke. But thanks for your input.
  The phone does come with one year or Amazon Prime for a limited time so you can factor that in. My Galaxy S5 did not come with a year of Prime for free.

rated:
Not a HD.

Suggest maybe moving to Deal Discussion.

rated:
It is actually pretty nice phone. They are stupid locking to one carrier. They are basically locked out the majority of users.

rated:
Retail for a crappy phone.. Typical Fat Wallet.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   

I asked a Mod that question once, they said as long as it's something that you can buy and it's on 'sale' it's a Hot Deal.

On sale is not the same as for sale. This doesn't belong in hot deals.

rated:
In for 10.

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   Is this a joke?
  yes, a poor one.

rated:
The 2yr contract kills the deal but if the unlocked version is cheaper then maybe...

rated:
Not tactical, not organic, no interest.

rated:
I don't want a phone that can see, hear, and make suggestions while I'm taking a crap.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   

LOL

Part of the mod's, those that post HDs on here, duty is to post deals; meet a quota. 
That doesn't mean they know what they are doing.  Just doing what their employment contract requires.

And they don't follow established rules, guidelines of what constitutes what.  Most probably don't even have a clue.

Is it just me or has FW gone down hill with staff posted deals since the sale to ebates.  Expecting a PM and a delete of this post.  Grin

rated:
when get this when you can get this for $300 less
http://www.google.com/intl/all/nexus/5/

rated:
Bad Deal on this one. I am a bit of an Amazon fanboi, so take that into consideration. I love Amazon, I have a Kindle, Fire HDX and Fire TV and love all of them, and have found each to be a terrific bargain, because they are great values. You typically get excellent hardware that competes in price with much lower quality devices, in exchange you give up versatility for an ecosystem that I really find appealing, and inexpensive electronics to consume media on.

The Fire Phone is no bargain, I don't need a year of free Prime, I have been perfectly happy paying for it so far, and even with the increased price coming I am happy with it, but it isn't exactly compelling given the price of this phone.

I don't see what I am getting in exchange for this device, a limited second tier app store (I have always been happy with the Amazon App store, but it is lacking, especially so for Fire devices), a premium price tag and it being exclusive to a carrier I don't care for are too much for this fanboi.

There are just to many choices out there for less money that don't require you to take a leap of faith that this phone is going to be great. Maybe it is a great phone, maybe it is the equal of the iPhone 5s and Galaxy S5, maybe the 3D features aren't just another gimmick that is forgotten once the novelty has worn off in a few days, but even then what benefit do I get with it over the Flagship phones from companies I already know and trust?

rated:

rated:
malasv said:   when get this when you can get this for $300 less
http://www.google.com/intl/all/nexus/5/

Maybe less than that next week if the new google phone gets announced next week.

rated:
Why would i want a phone that Amazon can do what NSA does?(Just see what "may day" feature can do).They are basically selling a mobile store front for a price. For the information they are going to track, they should pay for my phone service. This is a bad deal on many levels.

rated:
EvilWizardGlick said:   Not tactical, not organic, no interest.

But it's Gluten free.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   Why would i want a phone that Amazon can do what NSA does?(Just see what "may day" feature can do).They are basically selling a mobile store front for a price. For the information they are going to track, they should pay for my phone service. This is a bad deal on many levels.
How is it any different from Apple, Google or Microsoft?

rated:
hasu said:   
javaman2003 said:   Why would i want a phone that Amazon can do what NSA does?(Just see what "may day" feature can do).They are basically selling a mobile store front for a price. For the information they are going to track, they should pay for my phone service. This is a bad deal on many levels.

People dont buy cereal, diapers etc from the above companies.

rated:
kirbydog said:   Price must include special delivery. Imagine how impressed your neighbors will be. Amazon hired D.C. lobbyists re drone deliveries
  I can buy a case of toilet paper for that purpose.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   
hasu said:   

People dont buy cereal, diapers etc from the above companies.

Is that your privacy concern, that NSA will know that you bought diapers or too much toilet papers lately?

rated:
If this phone is $199 off contract, unlocked, and comes with 1 year Amazon Prime, that would be a smoking deal.

rated:
Here's a better deal $215 and no contract!:
http://www.amazon.com/Unlocked-5-0-inch-Display-Quad-Core-Proces...

BLU Life One L120 Unlocked Dual Sim Phone with 5.0-inch IPS HD Display, Quad-Core 1.2GHz Processor, Android 4.2 JB, , 4G HSPA+ up to 42Mbps, 13MP Camera, and Micro SD Slot
by blu

All your work and personal experiences in one incredible device. Life One comes with an exceptional build quality and luxurious design, combined with the latest technology to provide the ultimate Smartphone experience.

BODY:
Dimensions: 144 x 73 x 8.9 mm (5.67 x 2.87 x 0.35 in)
Weight: 145 g (5.11 oz)

DISPLAY:
Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size: 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.0 inches (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch: Yes
Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 2

SOUND:
Alert types: Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker: Yes
3.5mm jack: Yes

MEMORY:
Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal: 16 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM

DATA:
GPRS: Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE: Class 12
Speed: HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 21 Mbps
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0
USB: Yes, microUSB v2.0

CAMERA:
Primary: 13 MP, 4032 x 3224 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, image stabilization, face and smile detection, HDR
Video: Yes, 1080p@30fps
Secondary: Yes, 5 MP

FEATURES:
Chipset: MTK MT6589
CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU: PowerVR Series 5XT
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser: HTML5
Radio: Stereo FM radio
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
Java: Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors: Black, White

rated:
Wow ok folks I'll fess up, I'm looking for the Fatality Achievement.

Wow I think my deal has gotten the most red in 2014.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Wow ok folks I'll fess up, I'm looking for the Fatality Achievement.

rated:
cpmaverick said:   
forbin4040 said:   Wow ok folks I'll fess up, I'm looking for the Fatality Achievement.

I wont buy it for this price right now. But when I bought my S3 on T-Mobile, two years ago I paid $199 with two year contract. That was 6 months after it was released.

rated:
zenmaster2 said:   If this phone is $199 off contract, unlocked, and comes with 1 year Amazon Prime, that would be a smoking deal.
  Nope, won't buy this at this price.  I would have bought it for $99 w/ a free year of Prime though.  Unfortunately IF it ever goes on sale, I will probably be  under contract by then.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014