• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Today only restaurant.com is offering a $25 Gift Certificate for $3 when you use promo code SUMMER.

Note: Promo code will discount 70% off smaller amounts as well 

More deals in the official Restaurant.com coupon thread.
Restaurant.com
See Restaurant.com coupons that earn Up to 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like the selection of restaurant.com places within 15 miles of your zip is similar in quality to mine. Mostly Yelp... (more)

dump123456789 (Jun. 23, 2014 @ 9:04a) |

Same here. Call a couple hours before you go and ask "do you still honor your restaurant.com gift certificates". If they... (more)

dump123456789 (Jun. 23, 2014 @ 9:07a) |

No matter where I go on the site... I don't see a place to enter discount codes. I have used them in the past but don't... (more)

moreorless0 (Jun. 25, 2014 @ 10:41a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is a great coupon!

rated:
These are great deals, and now the certs never expire. Thx, OP.

rated:
got me one..

rated:
Some of the most common restaurant.com restrictions:

• Minimum purchase ($35 or $50)
  • Dine-in only
  • Not valid Friday or Saturday night
  • Alcohol does not count toward minimum purchase
  • Not valid toward tax or tip
  • Limit 1 per table
  • Not valid with any other offers
  • Expires 1 year from date of issue (except in CA and maybe other states where apparently it is illegal for gift certificates to expire)

rated:
Google "restaurant.com scam." I won't use their "service" again.

rated:
It's not a scam. Just expect to pay about $3 + another $25 for a $40 meal. That's after tax and a tip. So, it's like roughly half off if you're meal is close to $40.

rated:
EVERY time I have tried to use one of these (some I had paid for, some I was given free) the places never take them. Total waste even for $1 (IMO), obviously YMMV.

rated:
I've had bad luck with these as well but I know others who use them all the time.

rated:
I have not had good luck with these usually the place is out of business by the time I use them or they are close to going out so the service and food stink :/

rated:
Onenote said:   Some of the most common restaurant.com restrictions:

• Dine-in only
  • Limit 1 per table
  • Expires 1 year from date of issue (except in CA and maybe other states where apparently it is illegal for gift certificates to expire)

i clicked around on a few restaurants on their website. how do i find what the restrictions would be for a certain restaurant? thanks,

rated:
matthewk said:   

• Dine-in only
  • Limit 1 per table

i clicked around on a few restaurants on their website. how do i find what the restrictions would be for a certain restaurant? thanks,

The required $ purchase and valid date restrictions should be there when you view each amount.

It is best to think of this as high value coupons rather than gift certificates. It makes the restrictions much more understandable and reasonable.

rated:

• Dine-in only
  • Limit 1 per table

I agree with you about them not expiring, but the restaurant I bought it from said it's expired; and that the most they'd do is refund me my purchase price. 

rated:
I don't see a place to enter a promo code.

rated:
billrubin said:   It is best to think of this as high value coupons rather than gift certificates. It makes the restrictions much more understandable and reasonable.
Exactly. You buy a nice discount with lots of strings attached.

It's great if you have a nice large budget for eating and just want to save a little money and get some ideas where to go, but it's really not going to work out well if you're on a limited budget and you think that by buying in you might to go out and eat when you'd otherwise have to stay home.

It also works when you already have specific plans to go to a specific restaurant where you expect to spend at least the minimum.

When it's all said and done, it's a powerful promotional tool to get you to spend money at restaurants. Meanwhile, restaurants get customers who think it's an actual gift certificate resulting in irritation for everybody so the restaurants get tired of it.

Back in 2009 they had an awesome promotion, $1 for $25 and $0.40 for $10. I bought a ton of them. I only ever managed to use 2 or 3 of them. The rest are sitting on my restaurant.com account, many for closed restaurants, many for restaurants that no longer participate. I contacted customer service once, a few years ago, and they were willing to switch mine to other restaurants but it's all too much trouble and too much spending.

rated:
If you live in an area where there are actually a few good restaurants that use this discount service then go for it. Where I live the good ones that were using it all realized that discount services doesn't really bring in new profit. All that's left now are those hanging on.

rated:
Went to one place and after the meal they would not give me the advertised specials with this coupon, Had to pay the meals at regular price! It cost me more to use the darn coupon, so I just trashed it!

rated:
I got a couple through the My Coke Rewards program, they were a pain in the ass. They were difficult to use, lots of fine print and the restaurant really acted like they didn't want to honor them at all. I wouldn't bother with them again if they were free. I used one at a local BBQ place I have been to many times, my family typically spends $50 before tip at this restaurant, used a $25 certificate, and after all was said and done I paid $40 before the tip, and had to argue with the manager for ten minutes before we figured out how it was supposed to work.

Others may have had different experiences, and if they work for you, then this is a hot deal.

rated:
Why would restaurants participate in these if they don't want to honor them? Do they just want free advertising? LOL That's stupid. They should take themselves out of the eligible restaurant list if they don't want to honor them!

rated:
georgejane8 said:   Why would restaurants participate in these if they don't want to honor them? Do they just want free advertising? LOL That's stupid. They should take themselves out of the eligible restaurant list if they don't want to honor them!
They start out thinking it's going to be great, then they find out that it stinks but they're stuck with it...same experience as customers, really.

The 2 or 3 that I used, I never had any trouble, but it was years ago when it was still new.

rated:
thc said:   
Back in 2009 they had an awesome promotion, $1 for $25 and $0.40 for $10. I bought a ton of them. I only ever managed to use 2 or 3 of them. The rest are sitting on my restaurant.com account, many for closed restaurants, many for restaurants that no longer participate. I contacted customer service once, a few years ago, and they were willing to switch mine to other restaurants but it's all too much trouble and too much spending.

It's gotten much easier to switch them to generic gift certificates now. You can do it yourself at their website with just 2 clicks. Then you can go hunting for replacement restaurants, or you can sell the generics on E-Bay.

rated:
dump123456789 said:   It's gotten much easier to switch them to generic gift certificates now. You can do it yourself at their website with just 2 clicks. Then you can go hunting for replacement restaurants, or you can sell the generics on E-Bay.
Thanks. I did not know that. Maybe it's worth a look again.

rated:
It is very easy to exchange certificates you no longer want to use for eGift Cards.
We moved about 50 miles and exchanged all of our certificates into eGift cards,
which can be easily used to get new certificates.

Have used over 50 certificates and never had a restaurant refuse to honor them.
Had a few restaurants go out of business, but no problem with an exchange.
Sure they have rules of use, but they are clearly stated, and not too unreasonable.

$3 for a $25 certificate is too much, you can get them for $1.20 at https://www.raise.com/buy-restaurant-com-gift-cards
It takes about an hour to get the eGift code and easily add it to your restaurant.com account.

rated:
it's very YMMV, they are a PITA to use where i am, that or the place is a dump, another restriction i have seen on them is cash only

rated:
skh12 said:   it's very YMMV, they are a PITA to use where i am, that or the place is a dump, another restriction i have seen on them is cash only
  Which zip code are you trying to use them in ? In mine, restaurant.com has a number of dumps, and no upscale, trendy places. But most of the places are solidly middle class. They're good for exploring the dining landscape, and we've revisited quite a few places even after they dropped out of restaurant.com.

rated:
I'm in 33446, one place downtown is good

rated:
restaurant.com has changed over the years, but if you live in an urban/suburban area then you should be able to find something decent.
$25 certificates used to require $35 purchases, but they have gone up to $37.60 and many are $50 minimum (not so good)
I got lucky and found a really great Italian place ($10 on $15) where the discount works out to be a significant percentage.

rated:

• Dine-in only
  • Limit 1 per table

The terms depend on the restaurant. I bought a few $10 certificates for a neighboring bar and grill and they required the following:

• Minimum purchase of $15
  • Only one certificate per party per table even if paying separate  
  • Cannot be combined with any other promos, coupons or special offers
  • No valid for taxes, tips, merchandise or prior balance

rated:
I have used these certs literally 100's of times and have NEVER had a problem.   As long as you READ and follow the limitations, you shouldn't have a problem either.

rated:
skh12 said:   I'm in 33446, one place downtown is good
Looks like the selection of restaurant.com places within 15 miles of your zip is similar in quality to mine. Mostly Yelp 3-4 stars, mom&pop middle class. In my area, the towns/cities are packed one beside the next, so it's pretty common to drive a bit further, which increases the selection.

rated:
traderneal said:   I have used these certs literally 100's of times and have NEVER had a problem.   As long as you READ and follow the limitations, you shouldn't have a problem either.
Same here. Call a couple hours before you go and ask "do you still honor your restaurant.com gift certificates". If they say yes, you should have no worries at all.

rated:
No matter where I go on the site... I don't see a place to enter discount codes. I have used them in the past but don't see them now.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014