• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 10.1" 32GB Tablet (Champagne TF700T-B1-CG) Refurbished - $149.99 with $50.00 rebate (Exp 7/31) + Free Shipping at Newegg.

• 1.60GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB storage
  • NVIDIA ULP GeForce graphics
  • 1920x1200 LED Capacitive
  • Android 4.0
  • microHDMI
  • 802.11n
  • 2MP & 8MP cameras
  • GPS

Engadget Review 

The next lowest price for this refurbished item from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $199.95.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Compare ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T-B1-CG 10.1" 32GB Tablet (Champagne TF700T-B1-CG) at: ebay, Google, FatWallet, Amazon
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
With the GPS chip and microSD slot, this would make for a nice vehicle entertainment / navigation tablet.

rated:
Tempting. I have the TF300T, which was also a refurb from Newegg, and have gotten a lot of use from it. The higher resolution screen of the 700 would be a nice upgrade.

rated:
I bought one for my dad when it was released.
Pros: great display, very beautiful. Great for content consumption (Youtube, reading,...etc.)
Cons: Terrible emmc IO performance. Way worse than much cheaper Nook HD+. This makes web browsing very painful.
Also ASUS is not upgrading this to Kitkat. You could only do it with a custom rom. The emmc is terrible and no full fix possible...though you could use Cromi-X custom rom to improve the performance a bit.
It's a good device for certain things but certainly not a great all purpose Android tablet...

rated:
Hi Folks: You may wish to check this site for 4.3 update:http://technosamigos.com/asus-android-4-3-jelly-bean-update-schedule/  Does this come with the Keyboard is it available $??
Anyone know  if is it eligable for the free GPS upgrade (Transformer Prime GPS Extension Kit) http://www.engadget.com/gallery/transformer-prime-gps-extension-...

rated:
View said:   I bought one for my dad when it was released.
Pros: great display, very beautiful. Great for content consumption (Youtube, reading,...etc.)
Cons: Terrible emmc IO performance. Way worse than much cheaper Nook HD+. This makes web browsing very painful.
Also ASUS is not upgrading this to Kitkat. You could only do it with a custom rom. The emmc is terrible and no full fix possible...though you could use Cromi-X custom rom to improve the performance a bit.
It's a good device for certain things but certainly not a great all purpose Android tablet...

Completely agree. Stock ROM is buggy and laggy. Performance was so bad that I sent it in for factory service in hopes that it was a hardware defect. Factory could not fix it..Custom ROMs are a bit better, but still laggy due to EMMC IO bottleneck. The whole experience left me hating ASUS and even engadget for not noticing the issue in their review.
I also have Nook HD+ on custom ROM and it performs better than the TF700.
I just got an used LG G Pad 8.3 for $160 and that is much more satisfying to use.

rated:
Hi: How does this compare with the
Asus VivoTab RT TF600T 10.1" Tablet, NVIDIA Tegra 3, 2GB DDR2, 32GB Flash, NVIDIA GeForce, Windows 8 - TF600T-B1-GR

This unit has 2 GB of ram, further searching has at least one for sale used with keyboard for $179 + 6 bucks shipping????

rated:
Atrooper said:   Hi Folks: You may wish to check this site for 4.3 update:http://technosamigos.com/asus-android-4-3-jelly-bean-update-schedule/  Does this come with the Keyboard is it available $??
Anyone know  if is it eligable for the free GPS upgrade (Transformer Prime GPS Extension Kit) http://www.engadget.com/gallery/transformer-prime-gps-extension-...

No idea about GPS but it appears that even 4.3 update is unlikely...
  Transformer Forums:
  http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/transformer-pad-infinity-tf700-tegra-3-general-discussion/37912-android-4-3-any-news-tf700-8.html 
  I was hoping that 4.3 optimizations would help the performance somewhat..  My dad said the tablet is quite slow so he only uses the tf700t to watch videos.
  He would rather use the old ASUS 1000HA netbook for web browsing... I bought him the keyboard dock too but he said it's no replacement for the netbook. 
  I ended up giving him my crucial 256GB SSD, which is way faster(and larger) than the emmc.  He's quite happy with the performance of the 1000HA now...
  Due to this experience,  I have lost confidence in the transformer line.   However,  Nexus 7 seems to work just fine....why can't they just use the same emmc for the transformer(which is far more expensive...)

rated:
Atrooper said:   Hi: How does this compare with the
Asus VivoTab RT TF600T 10.1" Tablet, NVIDIA Tegra 3, 2GB DDR2, 32GB Flash, NVIDIA GeForce, Windows 8 - TF600T-B1-GR

This unit has 2 GB of ram, further searching has at least one for sale used with keyboard for $179 + 6 bucks shipping????

this is essentially the same hardware running windows RT instead of android with lower res screen 

rated:
jskins said:   ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 10.1" 32GB Tablet (Champagne TF700T-B1-CG) Refurbished - $140.00 with $50.00 rebate (Exp 7/31) + Free Shipping at Newegg.

• 1.60GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB storage
  • NVIDIA ULP GeForce graphics
  • 1920x1200 LED Capacitive
  • Android 4.0
  • microHDMI
  • 802.11n
  • 2MP & 8MP cameras
  • GPS

Engadget Review 

The next lowest price for this refurbished item from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $199.95.

I have one of these and have installed multiple different ROMs etc - I recommend that you keep away from this. This tablet is incredibly laggy and slow. Some of the Roms improve the performance a bit, but it is really not worth the effort IMHO to still get a subpar laggy tablet. I got the transformer tf700t to try and be able to do some work on it including remote desktop (my company has an android compatible vpn and I can connect over android and use an RDP app like Jump Desktop) but was never really able to get it to a consistently usable state from a performance stanadpoint. With the keyboard you are still looking at about $250 for this unit, and at that price you are approaching ASUS transformer book T100 territory, which I found to be 1000% better than the TF700T as it runs a full windows 8.1 OS at a good speed and has a fully functional flash enabled web browser. You will be missing some apps, but the presence of the desktop web browser will let you do anything you need more or less. 

rated:
So what is the fastest Asus android tablet on the market right now? TF701T ? For some reason, that does not show up on the Passmark benchmarks list:

http://www.androidbenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html

rated:
Mulox said:   So what is the fastest Asus android tablet on the market right now? TF701T ? For some reason, that does not show up on the Passmark benchmarks list:

http://www.androidbenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html

Believe it is the "Asus Transformer Pad K00C" on the list.  It is still far below competitors in ranking...

rated:
Yes, you are correct, I see it now... thanks. It was hard to find that cross-reference at first. Rank of 31 is not that bad. I am wondering how much a typical user will be able to really tell a difference between a score of 4,500 vs. 5,200. The net result could be 0.5 seconds faster web page loading, which no one could even notice.

I just purchased 2 new Samsung tablets to do my own performance test, a Tab Pro 10.1 (ranked #3 overall) and the just released Galaxy Tab S (not yet ranked) versus my old Asus Transformer Pad TF300T (score of 1,939). What's funny is that I don't notice much a difference in speed, so I decided to take an app that is cpu intensive to copmare speeds. I installed a game (Injustice GAU) to compare load times (from the time I tap to start, until it's completely loaded to start menu). Load time was 27 seconds on both Samsung, and 28.5 seconds on the old Asus. Granted the Asus is rooted and running a custom rom (Cyanogen 4.1), but that should not make that much of a difference, right?

rated:
Price as of 6/31/14 is $219 minus $50 rebate is $169. Where do you get the $139?

rated:
jzeig104 said:   Price as of 6/31/14 is $219 minus $50 rebate is $169. Where do you get the $139?
 It is now $149.99, so I will update the OP, thanks!

• $199.99
  • Save: $300.00 (60%)
  • $149.99 after $50.00 rebate card

rated:
new price today is $179.99 less the rebate. final $129.99

of course I ordered it last night for the other price. Does Newegg give price adjustments?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014