Bose QuietComfort 15 $269 at Amazon

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
These are usually $299 and rarely on sale. Good deal for someone looking for one

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Head...

Member Summary

bose
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wonder if this or dre beat would sound better??

Not sure what you're looking for, but I tried the qc15 in a demo and it blocked the simulated airplane noise. I still heard everything else including voices, shopping carts, and sounds from the TVs in the dept store. I thought they blocked all noise. Thy were very comfy though.

Good price.  This is the gold standard for noise cancelling phones. Actually works without additional gimmicks.

Nah, not a deal. Bose aren't that great. I've owned this exact pair for many years - I fly weekly. They sound fine and have great noise canceling, but are outdated because they require an annoying cable to use. 2014 requires bluetooth, sorry about that.

Get these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111189946478 

I've bought them from this seller and the are 100% authentic. Having bluetooth is critical in this day in age. They also work with the supplied cord.

The sound BLOWS the Bose out of the water. Period, full stop.

Here's the best idea yet. Get the Ultimate Ears from my link and the Sony studio monitors from Amaz0n's deal of the day. Both for $253.99. Perfect setup and less than the no highs/no lows.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00001WRSJ

northlock said:   Not sure what you're looking for, but I tried the qc15 in a demo and it blocked the simulated airplane noise. I still heard everything else including voices, shopping carts, and sounds from the TVs in the dept store. I thought they blocked all noise. Thy were very comfy though.
The active circuitry that creates the opposite frequency works best on low frequency noises that have little variation. That's why the headphones work best blocking out the constant drone of an airplane engine. Introducing variations in background noise will come through since there is a delay in the ability of the headphones to pick up, process, and then create the opposite frequency. Plus, background noises tend to be present for short periods of time meaning by the time the headphones have figured out the correct opposite frequency, the original source noise has passed. Not perfect but still very much effective.

I tried a few noise-cancelling headphones but the Bose were the absolute best in this regard despite my hatred for all things Bose. Build quality isn't all that great, and neither is sound quality, but when it comes to noise-cancellation on a plane (my #1 priority) nothing came close to the Bose. I have a pair of V-Moda's for home use so I was willing to make the compromise for a traveling set and the QC15's haven't disappointed.

Returned a pair after realizing they don't allow pass-thru without NC on. Tempted to try Monoprice NC headphones for a tad over $100. Apparently they do allow for pass-thru.

jayjay3636 said:   Wonder if this or dre beat would sound better??
  I have this Bose and my wife has the beats.  The differences is in the soundproof materials. When this is on, no sound comes in or out when the music is playing.  The beats bass sounds better but leaks out so people hear what you're listening to. So ifs listen to Britney Spears or crazy gaga, hope you're not embarrassed 

This model has been around for many years. The price change may be an indication that new model is coming out.

coolbreeze said:   Get these:

I've bought them from this seller and the are 100% authentic. Having bluetooth is critical in this day in age. They also work with the supplied cord.

Agreed with the sound quality of the UE 9000. Having played with half a dozen pairs of Bluetooth headphones over the past 18 months, these are top-tier when it comes to Bluetooth sound quality. That being said, they're also a little big/heavy and don't come nearly as close for noise-canceling low frequencies like the QC15. It's true that the Bose don't cancel highs or mids that well, but they'll definitely get rid of the "airplane hum", and if you're actually playing something through them, that'll cancel out any highs or mids. (I've used these in open offices, and even people who sat right behind me would have to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention if I was listening to music.) They're also much, much lighter and more comfortable than most Bluetooth cans I've used, and keep in mind the UE were discontinued a few months ago.

coolbreeze said:   Nah, not a deal. Bose aren't that great. I've owned this exact pair for many years - I fly weekly. They sound fine and have great noise canceling, but are outdated because they require an annoying cable to use. 2014 requires bluetooth, sorry about that.

Get these:

Here's the best idea yet. Get the Ultimate Ears from my link and the Sony studio monitors from Amaz0n's deal of the day. Both for $253.99. Perfect setup and less than the no highs/no lows.

Neither of those headsets have active noise cancelling. I have these Bose from the sale last year - after 20+ years of yearly 14+ hour flights across the Pacific and 8+ hour flights to Europe I regret not getting these sooner. I've been using Sennheiser and Sony noise cancelling headphones, but these are worlds apart. Super quiet, always comfortable (even after wearing for 12 hours) and fantastic sound. There are probably better headphones for listening to music, but for noise cancelling on long flights nothing beats these.

My wife forbids me wearing this at home.

f2000sa said:   My wife forbids me wearing this at home.
  I use my wireless headphones to watch TV after my wife goes to bed. Also when her mother comes over they find there way on my head.

Buy the Bose for flying - they really are good for that. Buy Beyer Dynamics T1's for about $750 and build yourself a bottlehead crack amp. Goodbye any comparisons, unless you spend a lot more.

tmonkey said:   
coolbreeze said:   Nah, not a deal. Bose aren't that great. I've owned this exact pair for many years - I fly weekly. They sound fine and have great noise canceling, but are outdated because they require an annoying cable to use. 2014 requires bluetooth, sorry about that.

Get these:

Neither of those headsets have active noise cancelling. I have these Bose from the sale last year - after 20+ years of yearly 14+ hour flights across the Pacific and 8+ hour flights to Europe I regret not getting these sooner. I've been using Sennheiser and Sony noise cancelling headphones, but these are worlds apart. Super quiet, always comfortable (even after wearing for 12 hours) and fantastic sound. There are probably better headphones for listening to music, but for noise cancelling on long flights nothing beats these.

While I agree the Bose cannot be beat for noise cancellation (again, I have a pair and I fly weekly) you are wrong about the UE9000's not having active noise canceling. They do, and it works fine. The icing here is, as I said, is bluetooth and noise canceling. This is a curiously rare combination and I often wonder what is taking Bose so long to make a pair. They are like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot - rare and hard to find. But by all means, enjoy the tethered nature of the QC15 - they are fine if you are okay with a wire. I was not, hence UC9000. My wife now uses my Bose around the house, FWIW. The UE9000's handily replaced them, and I again I fly weekly. YMMV. Icing with the UE9000's is the little button on the left ear that when pressed, amplifies ambient audio. I never have to take them off to order a drink in-flight or on the ground  They are the best headphones ever, without hesitation, IMO, YMMV, BBQ.

Get these:

Your point about corded vs bluetooth as a matter of convenience is fine, but the Bose is analog.  Audiophiles would appreciate analog due to the fact it isn't a lossy, compressed digital signal that then is transferred to a (possibly) cheap DAC in the headphones.  Perhaps most people won't/don't care, but any analog signal is going to be highly dependent on the DAC and media quality of the device you are playing it from.  Highest quality reproduction requires both a high-end DAC (usually expensive and probably not in a pair of Logitech headphones), high bit-rate digital media, and a good connection.  With bluetooth, even if you have a good DAC, you still have a lossy, compressed technology transmitting the signal to the headphones.

Whether outdated or not, who knows.  Bose makes top notch stuff, but you do pay for the name regardless and they almost never have a discounted sale.  We own a high-end Bose L1 (B2 + T1) system for stage performance and not only is the design amazing, but the sound is far better than any others I have heard.  They have good engineers there if you're willing to pay for the product.

Bose seems to discount some products about twice a year. The subject headsets were also $269 at official retailers Amazon, Best Buy last December. (And stackable with the Amex $25 off $200 at Best Buy that was available last December as well). Bose is very protective of their official retailers' pricing, they don't seem concerned with anti-trust laws or independent dealer price regulations. Maybe they use Netgear's law firm.

It is nice to use real wires rather than another microwave radio transmitter a few millimeters from your brain tissue running hours at a time while you are strapped into a seat anyway, so I will pass on the bluetooth.   

Bose is selling this at the same price:
link

if you order by Sept 16. If you are lucky enough to live near a factory outlet (there is one in camarillo), you can get 10 % additional discount using a coupon you can get at the mall.

The new ear bud version is also 299 (not on sale at the web site), and I am not sure of its quality.

I've had my QC 15s for four years now. I do transcription and I wear them 6 days a week 8-10 hours a day, sometimes 12-14 hours. They are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used. They fit completely over my ears so there's no painful pressure against my ear. Best part to me is their customer support. My right channel went out this week. Even though they are long out of warranty, I was able to walk into the local Bose Outlet Store and exchange them for a brand-new replacement set for just $90.00. They'll also do this over the phone if you don't have a local store.

oxnardprof said:   Bose is selling this at the same price:
link 

if you order by Sept 16. If you are lucky enough to live near a factory outlet (there is one in camarillo), you can get 10 % additional discount using a coupon you can get at the mall.

The new ear bud version is also 299 (not on sale at the web site), and I am not sure of its quality.

I was just in the Camarillo store yesterday.  Super nice folks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014