• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Saw this in my Amex account.

HPRETAIL // Spend $350 or more, get $75 back - EXPIRES 07/31/2014

OFFER DETAILS - Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $350 or more online at shopping.HP.com by 7/31/2014. TERMSOffer valid online only at shopping.HP.com. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 7/31/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BD2P:0001

More deals in the official HP Home coupon thread.
HP Home
See HP Home coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

offers (252.12kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You should add HP to your posting or you are going to start to get a bunch of complaints. 

rated:
That would explain why this thread didn't come up when I searched 'HP'. As I said in the thread I posted, this looks like it doesn't exclude GCs

rated:
Question is who shops at HP.com these days?

rated:
so HP offers $75 off

btw, Dell.com is smart

rated:
gaore said:   so HP offers $75 off

btw, Dell.com is smart

I don't quite understand your statement.

But if you can buy something at HP, this is effectively 20% off.  And that's on top of any coupons HP has.

AMEX did this for Dell a couple years ago (I did it then).  Forgot details, but I think it was maybe$150 off $700 or similar.

rated:
dpid said:   

btw, Dell.com is smart

But if you can buy something at HP, this is effectively 20% off.  And that's on top of any coupons HP has.

AMEX did this for Dell a couple years ago (I did it then).  Forgot details, but I think it was maybe$150 off $700 or similar.

100 off 600.
  HP: 21%  
  Dell: 16%
  but different spending requirements.

rated:
sandy05 said:   Question is who shops at HP.com these days?

I agree! HP site is just over priced and their products are always problematic. It was a night mare with my old HP pavillion. Never buying an HP again

rated:
ionxchanger said:   

I agree! HP site is just over priced and their products are always problematic. It was a night mare with my old HP pavillion. Never buying an HP again

It's not that bad actually. I bought two HP Pavilion 17" laptops for $350 each from Best Buy in 2013 and 2014.  Both work very well and the price is very reasonable. Either one is much better than the crappy HP CQ56 a few years ago...
  HP.com may not be the best place to buy those from, though.  If your company does business with HP, you may combine the corporate discounts with this(plus any applicable coupons.)
  Depending on what you buy it still could come out as a good deal.

rated:
View said:   
ionxchanger said:   

It's not that bad actually. I bought two HP Pavilion 17" laptops for $350 each from Best Buy in 2013 and 2014.  Both work very well and the price is very reasonable. Either one is much better than the crappy HP CQ56 a few years ago...
  HP.com may not be the best place to buy those from, though.  If your company does business with HP, you may combine the corporate discounts with this(plus any applicable coupons.)

Your one of the lucky ones, I guess.  3 HP Laptops and 1 MF printer stopped working just after 1 year warranty.  Not worth any discount.  

rated:
View said:   
dpid said:   

btw, Dell.com is smart

100 off 600.
  HP: 21%  
  Dell: 16%
  but different spending requirements.

I did that offer (still have the gift cards, too - that should tell you something). I believe that there was an additional gift card that added to the offer. $50, I believe.

rated:
medialink said:   
View said:   
ionxchanger said:   

Your one of the lucky ones, I guess.  3 HP Laptops and 1 MF printer stopped working just after 1 year warranty.  Not worth any discount.  

Hmm.. maybe I'm indeed lucky.  My only HP laptop that died early was V6000Z which was overheating and I got a replacement a few years later(CQ56 from the NVIDIA settlement).
  I have one 2006 HP laptop(8 years old),  one 2000 HP Laser printer (14 years old with a made in Japan engine), the crappy CQ56(3 years) plus 2 HP 17" laptops all working just fine.
  That is said, I have also 3 Dell refurb desktops working just fine.   
  For whatever reason the only laptop(except for the V6000) I have that died early in 1 year was a Lenovo.(which is supposed to have top quality)  But I think that is pure luck and I would not generalize it as Lenovo having bad quality.

rated:
I have 2 HP Servers, both 10-15 years old, LJ 5simx, 18+  years old, all still working like a charm, work horses. It is the newer products they make.  All my recent HP's within these 3 years have ALL died.  I use to be a very loyal customer.

rated:
HP just started July 4th sale with slightly lower prices....However, I already grabbed 2 Dell I7-4770 refurb desktops for $1200 total...
Those come with 3 years warranty and -200 from AMEX...It's hard to beat $500 I7s with 3 years warranty... However, Dell has very limited stock at those price points and they go very fast...

rated:
irobot said:   

I did that offer (still have the gift cards, too - that should tell you something). I believe that there was an additional gift card that added to the offer. $50, I believe.

Me too!  I just used my $500 gift card a few weeks ago to get my parents a new computer (Dells Small Business sells towers with Win 7 Pro as their 2 year old HP laptop was slow as molasses.  I still have like $125 remaining.  These AMEX offers are great, but with me doing Dell and not using my GC right away, I'm inclined to pass on these unless I really need something right away :/

As for quality of HP, I'd stay away from their laptops.  But their monitors and printers are more than sufficient for most people.  Look at the prices on website vs Amazon and maybe you can find a deal and take advantage of the AMEX deal (which is little nice as lower spending requirement).

rated:
You can sync this HP deal via Twitter as well with #AmexHP

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F4C5558DBD5D...

rated:
Has anyone used the "FATWALLET15" (an additional $15 off) coupon code with this deal? Does it interfere with the AMEX deal?

rated:
george2001 said:   Has anyone used the "FATWALLET15" (an additional 4!% off) coupon code with this deal? Does it interfere with the AMEX deal?
  The Amex offers can be used in conjunction with any coupon. As long as you meet the spend requirement, you will get the Cash Back.

rated:
Both me and my spouse got this offer. Seems like HP site allows multiple credit card payments. Effectively double dipping the $75 offer on $700 or more ($350 x 2). Can be stacked with July 4th HP coupons and Cash Back.

rated:
seawolf21 said:   Both me and my spouse got this offer. Seems like HP site allows multiple credit card payments. Effectively double dipping the $75 offer on $700 or more ($350 x 2). Can be stacked with July 4th HP coupons and Cash Back.
  That's a good tip.. 150 OFF a $700 PC/Laptop including taxes is not bad.  That is said,  I've been unable to get a better deal from HP so I went with Dell refurbs.
  I was deciding between new HP with 1 year warranty and refurb Dell Business PCs with 3 years warranty but quickly decided to go with Dell since there was only very limited supply and overall still cheaper than HP...
  Note if you are like me need 32GB memory expansion, many Dell and HP desktops have only 2 slots.  On HP site if you want 32GB with Intel  4th Gen I7 you need to get the 700qe.
  On Dell, just avoid anything says Ultra Small Form Factor..... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014