• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ3 16.1 Compact Digital Camera is on sale at Panasonic for $79.99 with free shipping.

Link 

Use coupon code "COMPACT" during checkout for the discounted price.

Received 4/5 stars based on 101 customer reviews on Amazon and 4.5/5 stars based on 22 customer reviews on B&H

The next lowest price on Google Products from a rated merchant is $129.99.

Panasonic
See Panasonic promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Note that both the photo in the OP and the DigitalCameraReview review link are of the 5+ year old Lumix ZS3, not the newer SZ3 that is actually the camera on sale from Panasonic (and the DCR.com review's claim that the ZS3 has noisy images is absolutely inaccurate, unless they're talking about at high ISO, when all P&S cameras south of $400-500 have grainy images above ISO 800 or 1600).  However, I'd actually recommend trying to find a ZS3 rather than this newer model.

Although the older ZS3 lacks the manual controls, 1080p video, increased megapixels and longer zoom lens of its successor Lumix travel zooms, it takes much crisper, sharper photos than anything up to at least the ZS30, maybe the ZS40.  The ZS3 was dpreview.com's top-rated travel zoom the year it came out.  If image quality is your primary concern, I'd shop on eBay for a new-old stock or refurbished ZS3, which go for about the same price or even less than this newer SZ3, and the "primitive" older model will give you much better looking photos than this cheaper, newer model. The ZS3 also takes amazing macro photos. I recommended it to a relative who works as an engineering consultant and he's received many compliments from clients on the quality of his macro photos of various metal fabrication projects he's inspected.

rated:
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll go ahead and change it!

rated:
Got one. Thanks, OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014