• filter:
  • 1 23459
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Saw this in my Amex Open website offers.

OFFER DETAILS

Get a 1x $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $25+ on a qualifying purchase in-store at Costco by 8/15/2014.  Get a Costco membership today!

TERMS
If you redeem this offer, your American Express Card Member status may be shared with Costco. Offer valid in store only at all US Costco Warehouse locations including Puerto Rico. Offer excludes gas, travel and online purchases. Costco membership required for purchases in-store at Costco, except for pharmacy transactions. $25 can include Costco membership purchase. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment is limited. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 8/15/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/15/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. POID: BE72:0001

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I am not a member. Received Costco Cash Card  as a gift from someone who is a member. Used cash card to enter and make p... (more)

wmnetid (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 2:50p) |

Damn u Costco for the family size everything!!! Got mine too on the bill within a few days. Check online and it will be ... (more)

turbotwo (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 4:28p) |

Drive over to another state that lets you return?

b534202 (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 5:25p) |

http://www.amexoffers.com/
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
YMMV, I did not see this in my offers...

rated:
Got it. Thanks

rated:
Showed up on 2/3 cards. Thanks for the tip!

rated:
Thanks. Signed up1

rated:
1/3 cards had it, thanks! I was just there yesterday.

rated:
Anyone have the twitter hashtag for this one?

rated:
Thanks, dhanush. Got it on 1/3 cards.

rated:
mmarcuse said:   Anyone have the twitter hashtag for this one?
Yeah FB and twitter work better.

rated:
Got it 1/3 cards.

rated:
No go on my Costco true earnings business, Simply cash business, Blue cash, or USC Alumni Amex cards.. would have been nice as we spends hundreds at Costco each visit

rated:
someone please post if using the card at costco.com will qualify for the $25

rated:
Got one of my two cards.
Thanks.

rated:
MRTHNMAN said:   someone please post if using the card at costco.com will qualify for the $25

No, it will not  Offer valid in store only at all US Costco Warehouse locations including Puerto Rico. Offer excludes gas, travel and online purchases. 

rated:
I think this offer is for those who did not use last year's offer.

rated:
I live in Southern California. I had a friend buy me a large denomination Costco cash card and that is how I get in and make purchases when I am at Costco. Am I only allowed to use the cash card when I make purchases or am I allowed to use a credit card (I am not a member)? What do you mean no membership required? Is that written down somewhere? I live in California and want to take advantage of this free $25 offer but I am not sure exactly how, If I go to Costco with a relative will they let him buy me a $25 Costco cash card and pay with my credit card? He is the member not me. Since I get almost all the benefits of membership just by using a Costco cash card (except getting back 1% of my total purchase amount annually) I see no reason to become a member. I can even buy gas with a Costco cash card. Say I only have $10 left on my cash card, am I only allowed to buy something for $10 or can I buy $25 worth of stuff and pay the extra $25 on my Am Ex card?. I wish the policy was in writing somewhere so if the cashier made it an issue I could show him official policy.

Off topic, but does anyone know if Sam's Club has the same policy? If I get someone to buy me a Sam's Club gift card will I allowed into Sam's Club and can I shop without a surcharge? Can you use a Sam's Club gift card to make gas purchases at Sam's Club like you can at Costco?

rated:
where is the link? do not understand 1/3 cards or 2/3 sorry.

rated:
campywv said:   where is the link? do not understand 1/3 cards or 2/3 sorry.
  You need to login into you amex account and you will find it under your offers.

rated:
It seems to Target non-members. I have it on two cards but my wife does not. (She has Costco membership.) Any existing members got this? Don't think it would show up on True Earnings account.

rated:
No go on any of my AMEX cards. 

rated:
Got this on the card I rarely use. Thanks OP!

rated:
Not a Costco member, got the offer on my blue card.

rated:
Is there a link? Is this targeted?

rated:
Please post the offer link or twitter handle to register. It's not available in my Amex Offer section.

rated:
Right now I believe its only in Amex Offers for certain cards. I got it on my Hilton Amex.

rated:
View said:   It seems to Target non-members. I have it on two cards but my wife does not. (She has Costco membership.) Any existing members got this? Don't think it would show up on True Earnings account.

Not so sure if AMEX would know who is a Costco member and who isnt.

rated:
yacheapbastard said:   
View said:   It seems to Target non-members. I have it on two cards but my wife does not. (She has Costco membership.) Any existing members got this? Don't think it would show up on True Earnings account.

Not so sure if AMEX would know who is a Costco member and who isnt.

They would know if you have a Costco AMEX (guessing most costco members have one)

rated:
IndianInUSA said:   Please post the offer link or twitter handle to register. It's not available in my Amex Offer section.
    this is only on AMERICANEXPRESS.com myoffers, not yet on FB or Twitter. log into your  account, how hard can that be?? If it's not there, you don't have the offer.

rated:
Got it!  Thanks OP.  (Not a Costco member)

rated:
Got it on blue preferred and have used the card at costco previously (so, member)

rated:
Thanks OP

rated:
1/5 so they seem to know what they are doing as targeting gets better and better.

rated:
Not on either of my costco Amex cards but is on my Blue

rated:
rlcrisp said:   Got it on blue preferred and have used the card at costco previously (so, member)
  Thanks.  It's likely that having a True Earnings card is a factor. She does not have this offer in her blue sky account.  I have it on Hilton Honors and Blue cash.

rated:
Got it on my Blue, I'm a member already.
Thanks!

rated:
Does anyone know if i can purchase a membership using my two cards like putting 27.50 on one and 27.50 on the other will i get both my credits ?? I hope i made sense .

rated:
0/2 for my AmEx cards... AmEx Biz and Blue.

I suspect these offers will be tilted towards those who don't have high Costco usage.

rated:
Shows on clear. Thanks OP. (no costco membership personally)

rated:
I did not get on Hilton AMEX but wife did get on her Blue card and we are Costco members.  Not sure if Costco membership is under my name but maybe why wife got and I did not.

Skipping 298 Messages...
rated:
russ0519 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
smei said:   No use for a non-member who don't want to sign up the membership because only members can purchase in store.
1) Have a member buy $25 Costco GC (cash card) with your AMEX card.  GC can be used by non-members.
2) Buy liquor from liquor store (if it's run buy Costco) - no membership required.
3) Buy item(s) from pharmacy - no membership required.
4) Buy from food court - no membership required.
5) Read the thread - many ideas discussed.

The liquor route didn't go for me  since it was run by Western Beverages.  Tried to take it back, they said no refunds.  Now stuck with $80 worth of liquor.  

Borrowed a coworker's card, had wife go to the register and buy a $25 gift card.  Was able to do it with no problem.  No questions asked.  

Bought $75 worth of food and tried checking out using gift card and two amexes - cashier kept telling me to go to customer service and get a one day pass if I was already a member.  Called over manager, I explained that it was a gift and that I no longer have a costco membership.  He also tried to tell me that I needed a costco membership to shop there.  Finally he checked with his manager, who I believe said that if there is money on the gift card then I can use it.  He had to override to let me use it, but then I had no problem splitting the rest onto 2 amexes.  

All in all I ended up getting about 50% off since I ended up buying the liquor that I can't return and didn't really need.  They told me that it's illegal in NJ to give refunds on liquor, although I could not find any such statute.  

Still a good deal though.  

Drive over to another state that lets you return?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014