• filter:
  • 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Got the offer in Green card, did the purchase on Thursday and got the credit notice on Friday. BTW I no longer have Costco membership. Thanks OP.

rated:
PhoenixDude said:   Got the offer in Green card, did the purchase on Thursday and got the credit notice on Friday. BTW I no longer have Costco membership. Thanks OP.

Which method did you use to purchase without a membership?

rated:
I got my $25! But I spent $250+..   I knew there was a catch!

rated:
yacheapbastard said:   
emp1 said:   
yacheapbastard said:   Did anyone actually get the credit yet on their accounts?

Two respected fat walleters responded without sarcasm...i was waiting for the inevitable smart arrse. Have a great day bully rubin..umm by the way..we're 8 pages in not 13.

That's very nice of them. How many dozens had posted their success in the pages prior to your questioning if anyone had gotten it, posted a full month after the deal was first posted? Or didn't you think it was worth looking at?

rated:
Went to costco yesterday, spent $80 on liquor split on 3 cards. However, turns out that even though it's inside costco, it's a separate store and it's billed as western beverage. Will I get the credit?

rated:
russ0519 said:   Went to costco yesterday, spent $80 on liquor split on 3 cards. However, turns out that even though it's inside costco, it's a separate store and it's billed as western beverage. Will I get the credit?
  Uh oh, I guess you will have to wait and see.  I bought Costco gift cards in store first, and then went to the liquor store so I would not have that problem.

rated:
I had $5 left on my Costco cash card and bought $32 worth of stuff. They let me put the balance on my American Express card and a few days later I got the $25 credit.

rated:
russ0519 said:   Went to costco yesterday, spent $80 on liquor split on 3 cards. However, turns out that even though it's inside costco, it's a separate store and it's billed as western beverage. Will I get the credit?
I bought liquor at Costco on Saturday and it was billed as COSTCO WHSE ...

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
I bought liquor at Costco on Saturday and it was billed as COSTCO WHSE ...

Was yours a separate store?

rated:
russ0519 said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   russ0519 said:   Went to costco yesterday, spent $80 on liquor split on 3 cards. However, turns out that even though it's inside costco, it's a separate store and it's billed as western beverage. Will I get the credit?I bought liquor at Costco on Saturday and it was billed as COSTCO WHSE ...Was yours a separate store?It was a separate store off the entrance lobby. No membership required to purchase.

rated:
TheDiggler said:   pezgarden said:   So, if I buy a $25 Costco gift card It will qualify? I want gas
Yes.  Data points:

• Activated the offer on three (3) cards using the "multiple tabs" trick, all three (3) cards tied to the same AMEX login
  • Did not sign up for membership (was already a member)
  • Purchased a $25 Costco GC on each activated card (none was a Costco AMEX)
  • Although all cards used matched name on membership, no manual name matching was performed
  • Did not receive any AMEX confirmation e-mails that activated offers were met
  • After each PENDING $25 charge POSTED, a $25 statement credit subsequently appeared on each account

I hope you're right, I got a $25.00 GC and didn't get an email, and the offer doesn't even say it was "redeemed". With all previous offers it becomes "redeemed" as soon as there's a pending charge. I waited too close to the expiration for a do-over :\

rated:
scripta said:   I hope you're right, I got a $25.00 GC and didn't get an email, and the offer doesn't even say it was "redeemed". With all previous offers it becomes "redeemed" as soon as there's a pending charge. I waited too close to the expiration for a do-over :Been there, done that ... it works.

P.S. My offers usually change to redeemed after the charge has posted.

rated:
No use for a non-member who don't want to sign up the membership because only members can purchase in store.

rated:
smei said:   No use for a non-member who don't want to sign up the membership because only members can purchase in store.
1) Have a member buy $25 Costco GC (cash card) with your AMEX card.  GC can be used by non-members.
2) Buy liquor from liquor store (if it's run buy Costco) - no membership required.
3) Buy item(s) from pharmacy - no membership required.
4) Buy from food court - no membership required.
5) Read the thread - many ideas discussed.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
smei said:   No use for a non-member who don't want to sign up the membership because only members can purchase in store.
1) Have a member buy $25 Costco GC (cash card) with your AMEX card.  GC can be used by non-members.
2) Buy liquor from liquor store (if it's run buy Costco) - no membership required.

The liquor route didn't go for me  since it was run by Western Beverages.  Tried to take it back, they said no refunds.  Now stuck with $80 worth of liquor.  

Borrowed a coworker's card, had wife go to the register and buy a $25 gift card.  Was able to do it with no problem.  No questions asked.  

Bought $75 worth of food and tried checking out using gift card and two amexes - cashier kept telling me to go to customer service and get a one day pass if I was already a member.  Called over manager, I explained that it was a gift and that I no longer have a costco membership.  He also tried to tell me that I needed a costco membership to shop there.  Finally he checked with his manager, who I believe said that if there is money on the gift card then I can use it.  He had to override to let me use it, but then I had no problem splitting the rest onto 2 amexes.  

All in all I ended up getting about 50% off since I ended up buying the liquor that I can't return and didn't really need.  They told me that it's illegal in NJ to give refunds on liquor, although I could not find any such statute.  

Still a good deal though.  

rated:
I am not a member. Received Costco Cash Card  as a gift from someone who is a member. Used cash card to enter and make purchase at store - supervisor needed to enter something at register for a non-member purchase. Total purchase was greater than the value on cash card, so I used AMEX to pay the balance. Did not get email confirmation, but credit posted as soon as the pending purchase transaction posted. FYI - minimum denomination for cash card purchased online is $25, but in-store is $10.

rated:
Damn u Costco for the family size everything!!! Got mine too on the bill within a few days. Check online and it will be posted as a credit!

rated:
russ0519 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

The liquor route didn't go for me  since it was run by Western Beverages.  Tried to take it back, they said no refunds.  Now stuck with $80 worth of liquor.  

Borrowed a coworker's card, had wife go to the register and buy a $25 gift card.  Was able to do it with no problem.  No questions asked.  

Bought $75 worth of food and tried checking out using gift card and two amexes - cashier kept telling me to go to customer service and get a one day pass if I was already a member.  Called over manager, I explained that it was a gift and that I no longer have a costco membership.  He also tried to tell me that I needed a costco membership to shop there.  Finally he checked with his manager, who I believe said that if there is money on the gift card then I can use it.  He had to override to let me use it, but then I had no problem splitting the rest onto 2 amexes.  

All in all I ended up getting about 50% off since I ended up buying the liquor that I can't return and didn't really need.  They told me that it's illegal in NJ to give refunds on liquor, although I could not find any such statute.  

Still a good deal though.  

Drive over to another state that lets you return?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014