• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
in 4 1. my first handgun. weeeeee!

rated:
So let's re-cap why this is a smokin' hot deal:
The gun is $380 + shipping ~$17 to your FFL (assuming no tax) = $397
This set includes the smaller backstrap, a 15 rnd mag, two-tone finish, sig nite sights, and the sigtac holster
with the free bag and 2 extra mag rebate, you have quite a rig for less than $400

Buds has this for $452 cash, or $465 charge (2 mags, no holster) (free shipping)

Other folks are selling this weapon for as much as $599 <that's crazy>
Sig MSRP for just the gun is $585

This is not a small weapon and it does not fit me well, but this is a real good price and a great time to get this with the Sig mag and bag offer!

rated:
These are great guns, a little heavy, but still nice. Heavy trigger too.

rated:
Tempting, but I still think I'm holding out for a CZ P01 as my next pistol.

rated:
Good deal but the seller gets lousy reviews--mostly because of SLOW shipping. Ok, if you're not in a hurry.
Reviews

rated:
This is probably a really obvious question, but I wanted to make sure I got this right - I get the free bag and 2 mags mailed to me after I receive the gun and mail in the rebate form?

rated:
Natecj2 said:   This is probably a really obvious question, but I wanted to make sure I got this right - I get the free bag and 2 mags mailed to me after I receive the gun and mail in the rebate form?
Thats the way I understand it.

rated:
normally i dont rant, but i have to. Palmetto could be the worst type of company one could deal with in their lifetime. I noted in a post above I was in for 1 as my first gun purchase. I ordered July 3. Credit card charged same day. Weeks after weeks of follow up and trying to call their fake numbers with full mailboxes (so you cannot even leave a voicemail), repetitive questions about my FFLs license (which he swears he keeps on file with them and sends them a renewal regularly but still had to re-email it couple of times) somehow it got shipped in August and I just got it today, August 12. That is 42 days later. Per manufacturer these guns normally come in a cardboard box with plastic padded box inside and inside of that box are 2 magazines (per sig site). Mine came without a cardboard box and no second magazine. I assume they (palmetto) tore up the box to get the second magazine for reselling on their site which is conveniently suggested item when looking at the gun on there. Ok I can get over that. But the big part of this deal was Sig's summer rebate which gets you another bag and two extra magazines. Rebate asks for box cutouts of the Item Name/Number and that of the Serial number. I didn't get the box from Palmetto so i improvised and sent them something from the shipping label and from the gun handle itself, with doubtful hope they will accept it. After the crazy headache just getting the shipment, i am left disappointed with what i got, and instead of having 4 magazines, i may end up with only one. I wouldn't be surprised with the possibility of the reason I didn't get the box is because guys at Palmetto used the cutouts from my gun's box to send in the rebate for themselves. Million times over I had wished I had just gone to my local store and paid retail price for a gun and avoided weeks of headaches. Lesson learned here and hopefully this helps someone else avoid similar situation in the future.

rated:
I agree that Palmetto seems to be a pretty shady company, but I think you might still be OK for the rebate at least. I just spoke to someone at the rebate processing center and she confirmed that I have the correct labels to send in for the rebate to be validated - you need to include the following 2 labels for the rebate, both of which are on the plastic gun case, not the cardboard shipping box. I am about to mail this final missing part of my rebate, so Ill post back here when they eventually process it again (although probably going to be about 2 weeks from now).
- the label with the serial number (has barcode, reads "SN: 24...")
- the label with the product/model (no barcode, reads "E2022-9-TSS ...")

Where did you find out what the standard product is meant to include with the purchase? The Palmetto description doesnt mention a second mag. Is the extra grip meant to be the exact same thing that is already installed on the gun? I am also wondering what the other empty indentation in the foam in the case is meant to hold, is there someone else missing or is that meant for something else that you can purchase separately?

rated:
idrobnjak said:   normally i dont rant, but i have to. Palmetto could be the worst type of company one could deal with in their lifetime. I noted in a post above I was in for 1 as my first gun purchase. I ordered July 3. Credit card charged same day. Weeks after weeks of follow up and trying to call their fake numbers with full mailboxes (so you cannot even leave a voicemail), repetitive questions about my FFLs license (which he swears he keeps on file with them and sends them a renewal regularly but still had to re-email it couple of times) somehow it got shipped in August and I just got it today, August 12. That is 42 days later. Per manufacturer these guns normally come in a cardboard box with plastic padded box inside and inside of that box are 2 magazines (per sig site). Mine came without a cardboard box and no second magazine. I assume they (palmetto) tore up the box to get the second magazine for reselling on their site which is conveniently suggested item when looking at the gun on there. Ok I can get over that. But the big part of this deal was Sig's summer rebate which gets you another bag and two extra magazines. Rebate asks for box cutouts of the Item Name/Number and that of the Serial number. I didn't get the box from Palmetto so i improvised and sent them something from the shipping label and from the gun handle itself, with doubtful hope they will accept it. After the crazy headache just getting the shipment, i am left disappointed with what i got, and instead of having 4 magazines, i may end up with only one. I wouldn't be surprised with the possibility of the reason I didn't get the box is because guys at Palmetto used the cutouts from my gun's box to send in the rebate for themselves. Million times over I had wished I had just gone to my local store and paid retail price for a gun and avoided weeks of headaches. Lesson learned here and hopefully this helps someone else avoid similar situation in the future.
Trying to help here - Sigs ship in either a plastic case only or a cardboard box only (no plastic case) and with only one mag. The barcode label sticker is what you use for the rebate, whether off the box or off the plastic case. Any models that include more than 1 mag are clearly listed as such, like the Tacops pistols or certain 1911's. But most only ship with 1 mag. Your 2022 should have come in a plastic Sig case with 1 mag. No cardboard.

PSA's shipping and coordination does suck. But I assure you they did not steal your mag or tamper with your firearm to steal your 2nd mag or rebate - there is also no way they are redeeming the rebates. These are two very different issues and frustrated as you may be only your timing/correspondence problems are legit.

They are sort of getting better but most people know you do not order from PSA when you are in a hurry or need service. Treat them like a drop-shipper and buy on price when you are not in a hurry. So long as you know that going in, they're fine and have some great deals.

rated:
I ordered this gun from KY Arms Co (the deal mentioned in OP). Mine came in a plastic padded box with the S/N & Model # label on it. Mine also included 1 magazine, holster, a cable gun lock, chamber flag & extra grip. I think that's the standard configuration.

I was approved for my rebate by sending the labels Natecj2 referred to above. My rebate approval was a month ago, and I still haven't received the mags & pistol bag yet. The rebate approval confirmation email states that you should allow 6-8 weeks for delivery--I just didn't believe it would actually take that long for them to send!

Loving the gun, I had some trouble at first with the slide not staying open after the last round was fired, but I've since figured out that I was shooting with my thumb "bumping" the slide catch sometimes which wasn't alloing it to engage--user error. The sights took a little getting used to too...overall though, I think I got a helluva deal on a quality gun.

ETA: Natecj2--I keep a tactical rail mountable flashlight in the extra space in my box--fits perfectly. I bought a cheap one for ~$17 on eBay, works great & looks really good too--can't even tell it's cheap Chinese junk.

rated:
"Temporarily out of stock"

rated:
lickpenny said:   "Temporarily out of stock"

Yeah, that happens when you're a month & a half late to the deal.

rated:
raringvt said:   
lickpenny said:   "Temporarily out of stock"

Yeah, that happens when you're a month & a half late to the deal.

Ha Ha! True! I wanted it too much to bother checking the dates.

rated:
I finally did get my rebate items. I've already tested the 2 mags & the bag is actually really nice for a basic 1 pistol bag. I'm thrilled with the deal.

rated:
I'd like to see if idrobnjak ended up getting his rebate items.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014