• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon.com (via an Amazon.com seller) has Brother LC75 (non OEM) high yield compatible ink cartridges for $9.00, plus free shipping. You get a total of 24 cartridges: 12 black, 4 cyan, 4 magenta, and 4 yellow. Most users give it very good reviews, 4/5 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006X7GXFU/ref=nosim/?ascsubtag=FWcrbo5...

Member Summary

24 pack LC75 High Yield Compatible Ink Cartridge Combo
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These are junk. Half the cartridges don't work and you spend a ton of time, ink and paper doing test prints and adjustments.

That's $48 in recycles... plus the ink that comes with them. I've only ever had problem with _1_ cartridge not being recognized, and a quick email to the AMZN seller resolved with a credit. I have 4x LC71/75-capable printers and they have been (with a few small exceptions) very reliable printers.

kristiescroggin said:   More cheaper on other web site
Wow, very informative comment, thanks for telling us about that 'other web site'.....

kristiescroggin said:   More cheaper on other web site
Not just cheaper, but "more cheaper"! Wow, such a deal!

The first two comments have the feel of a spambot getting ready to strike...

hedycool said:   Thanks but i dont need
And you posted to tell us that? Imagine if EVERYBODY did that.

maybe a little OT, but have same or similar cartridges from different seller, and have spent several hours the past three days trying to get rid of "cannot detect ink", ink levels too low for quality, and simply not recognizing cartridges. have done electrical tape trick, turning printer off while lid is still open to reset ink cartridge timer, ink cleaning + print alignment, maintenance mode codes such as purge/flush, and using original brother cartridges to no avail. at one point got all the cartridges to be detected by the sensor properly, but was printing an airline confirmation for a family member and some of the text came out in gibberish. tried troubleshooting and now a couple of the colors are giving the same problems as above. also, for the past half year the magenta ink is kind of garbled and when running an ink quality test, only half of the blocks are filled out on the printed sheet for magenta.

there is a way to remove the sensor issues completely by cutting ones of the wires inside the printer. however, after taking apart a few pieces i still cant access the plug and all the tutorials, guides, and videos are for other brother models which have a different layout. mine is the MFC-J430W, got it from a thread posted by MISTERCHEAP, the guru of Staples deals. Any sort of help or sharing of similar experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks

tboner101 said:   

.........there is a way to remove the sensor issues completely by cutting ones of the wires inside the printer. however, after taking apart a few pieces i still cant access the plug and all the tutorials, guides, and videos are for other brother models which have a different layout. mine is the MFC-J430W, got it from a thread posted by MISTERCHEAP, the guru of Staples deals. Any sort of help or sharing of similar experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried faking out the sensor? Put something opaque over the cartridge ink window located in the middle of the nozzle end. Trimmed Avery label is what I use on both sides of the window. Works fine on my MFC-J430W. Really though, at these prices, not sure it's even worth that anymore. Thanks OP, in for 1.

TheRatsWon said:   
tboner101 said:   

.........there is a way to remove the sensor issues completely by cutting ones of the wires inside the printer. however, after taking apart a few pieces i still cant access the plug and all the tutorials, guides, and videos are for other brother models which have a different layout. mine is the MFC-J430W, got it from a thread posted by MISTERCHEAP, the guru of Staples deals. Any sort of help or sharing of similar experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried faking out the sensor? Put something opaque over the cartridge ink window located in the middle of the nozzle end. Trimmed Avery label is what I use on both sides of the window. Works fine on my MFC-J430W. Really though, at these prices, not sure it's even worth that anymore. Thanks OP, in for 1.

Ya, that's what the electrical tape trick is.

Forgot to mention the initial cartridges werent even empty and the brothers were brand new (half full tho), so that would make this most recent one the third set of cartridges in the last three days

Currently $8.78

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014