• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HP Black 15.6
Disclaimer
Processor is weak and it does not have a DVD drive but the price is fairly low.  $49 less than a similar model at Fry's. These can't seem to break the $200 mark even though they should. Like someone posted, for "email and cat pics" this may be fine.

Link 

HP Black 15.6" 15-f009wm Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

• AMD E1-2100 Accelerated Dual-Core processor
  • 1.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
  • 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
  • Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • 500GB SATA hard drive
  • Store 333,000 photos, 142,000 songs or 263 hours of HD video and more
  • 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
  • Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
  • 15.6" HD BrightView WLED-backlit display
  • AMD Radeon HD 8210 Graphics
  • (DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE NOT INCLUDED)
  • Making the laptop thin and lightweight for portability

Additional Features:

• VGA webcam
  • Multi-format SD card reader
  • 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x headphone/microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • 4-cell lithium-ion battery
  • 4.82 lbs, 0.89" x 15.18" x 10.16"

Member Summary

HP
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems like a great price to me

That CPU is garbage. Worse than a 6 year old core 2 duo. AVOID

Seriously your smartphone probably has a faster CPU than this.

At this price I expect very little. I'm actually more concerned with the display.  

I just picked this up to use for school and I happen to think it's great for $229. No issues streaming video. Battery life is amazing and the processor doesn't seem to have any issues keeping up with any of the games I play.

shastada said:   That CPU is garbage. Worse than a 6 year old core 2 duo. AVOID

Seriously your smartphone probably has a faster CPU than this.

I agree. For a little while, I was using some C-70 APUs in my machines, and I finally got fed up with them. AMD's low-power cores (their 1.0Ghz dual-cores) ARE "garbage", and should be avoided.

I could see, maybe, purchasing this for Grandma, if all she did was web and e-mail, IF it was like $150.

You can forget Skype on a CPU this slow.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014