• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Log into your account at American Express, Go to "Account", scroll down to "Offers for you", Save offer into your account, then shop at the merchant and get CreditBack.

Best Buy: Spend $250 or more, get $25 statement credit. Expires 9/2/2014

Available via Facebook

Available via Twitter 

Moderator Comment: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here. — Jul. 14, 2014 @ 8:44am
Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FYI - Deal has worked in the past for multiple transactions totaling $250+ 

Hopefully they have another buy $xx.xx, get $xx GC deal to stack with this promo.

rated:
what about taxes? taxes on 200$ is like 18 bucks?
i rather buy at Amazon, some items on Amazon still taxes free !

rated:
netnerd said:   what about taxes? taxes on 200$ is like 18 bucks?

Buy gift cards.  I'm not 100% sure but I think they sell Amazon kindle cards at best buy which can be used on Amazon items.

rated:
netnerd said:   what about taxes? taxes on 200$ is like 18 bucks?

I've done this offer (or similar BB/Amex offer) at least 4 times in the past and each time I qualified by buying Kindle gift cards, which can be applied towards anything on Amazon. Unfortunately, starting last time they limited each customers to 5 Kindle giftcards - no big deal if they have the $50 cards in stock, but they often only have the $25 one. I believe this is store specific, but maybe not.

rated:
Had a stupid question for you all...in the small print, it says that corporate gift card purchases are excluded.

What exactly is a corporate GC? I was planning to buy $250 worth of "regular" Best Buy GCs; anyone seeing that possibly not qualifying for this deal?

Thanks in advance, apologize for my ignorance.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Hopefully they have another buy $xx.xx, get $xx GC deal to stack with this promo.

My guess is that buying GC was not part of the offer. Right?

rated:
no, best buy doesn't code it. all amex sees is the charge.

rated:
c3 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Hopefully they have another buy $xx.xx, get $xx GC deal to stack with this promo.
My guess is that buying GC was not part of the offer. Right?

I don't think buying Best Buy GCs worked, but Kindle GCs definitely did. 

ETA:  This comment is specific to the previous BB bonus deal (buy $100+, get $15 BB GC), not the AMEX offer.  Any purchase(s) totaling $250+ works for the AMEX offer.

rated:
I bought 2 $200 VGCs (issued by Metabank) with a $5.95 fee on each. I split the transaction and put $250 on my AmEx and the remainder on another card. Got an email last night from AmEx Sync confirming the purchase.

rated:
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THEIR CARD LIKE WE HAVE HAD ON TWO OF OURS AFTER PARTICIPATING IN THESE AMEX FACEBOOK PROMOS?

We have several AMEX cards, all linked to AMEX SYNC thru facebook.  One card which we've not used for some time we used for the AMEX Exxon promo and afterwards was shortly notified of several unauthorized online purchases. 

That was a few weeks back.  Today we are notified of unauthorized usage on another card which we had used for the AMEX BP gas, Exxon and Dunkin Donuts promos - the unauthorized use was in a FL Costco (dont know if online or not).

Granted, there were two other cards used for the Exxon promo, no problem but getting that call today on a second AMEX and both only since using these promos thru facebook seemed concerningly coincidental.

If theres a better place for me to post this, please advise but really would like to know if we are isolated in this happening.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014