• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
65W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) BR30 Non-Dimmable LED Flood Light Bulb (E*) (4-Pack)

Free ship to store + FatWallet Cash Back

deal

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Brightness: 650 Lumens
Estimated yearly energy cost $1.08 (Based on 3 hrs/day, 11/kWh. Costs depend on rates and use)
Life: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours per day)
Light Appearance: 2700K (soft white)
Energy Used: 9.5-Watts (equivalent to a 65 Watt standard incandescent light bulb)
Lumens per Watt: 72.22
Uses 85% less energy compared to a standard incandescent light bulb
Ideal for residential use in kitchens, living rooms and dining rooms and commercial use in offices and retail spaces
Contains Mercury: No
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wow a payback period in only 10 years, probably more like 14 years taking into account the net present value of the out year savings, 

Only reason to make the change at the present time is if you like the color output of the LED bulbs (much whiter) pr you a dedicated greenie.  My gut feeling that after taking into account the start-up costs anf facilities for the LED line of bulbs, this cangeoveris probably more energy intensive than using incandescent  bulbs just like using ethanol in gbasoline drives up overall energy usage,  Greenies and tree huggers feel better when US citizens sacrafice to make the 'world' more energy efficient although our brethren in Asia, Africa and South Americas couldn't care less and their usage dwaefs any 'savings' we could theoretical obtain.

rated:
duhmel said:   Wow a payback period in only 10 years, probably more like 14 years taking into account the net present value of the out year savings, 

How do you figure that?

Here's what I figure:
if 9.5 watts costs $1.08/yr then 65 watts costs $6.84/yr for a net savings of $5.76/yr
These are priced at $10 so they pay for themselves in less than 2 years, and that calculation assumes incandescents are free.

rated:
The dimmable version is now only $10.97/bulb for those who need it. It is a bit brighter 730 lumens vs 650 and uses more power 13W vs. 9.5W. Link 

rated:
ToddMiller said:   The dimmable version is now only $10.97/bulb for those who need it. It is a bit brighter 730 lumens vs 650 and uses more power 13W vs. 9.5W. Link
Show $17.97 for me.   

rated:
May also want to check your local Costco. I found dimmable 65w equivalent 2-packs for $9.99. That's only a buck or so more than normal bulbs at HD/Lowes. This included a $10 instant rebate from the local electric company, so I bought my limit (5 2-packs). May go back this week and get enough for the whole house.

rated:
valkyrie said:   May also want to check your local Costco. I found dimmable 65w equivalent 2-packs for $9.99. That's only a buck or so more than normal bulbs at HD/Lowes. This included a $10 instant rebate from the local electric company, so I bought my limit (5 2-packs). May go back this week and get enough for the whole house.
 I hope they're not made by FEIT, like a lot of Costco bulbs.  Known for short life, weird colors, and sub-standard light output regardless of stated claims.    
Philips is at least a top-quality product.

rated:
Looks like the dimmable price is regional and depends on the local power company subsidy.  It's worth doing a search for BR30 LED on the HD site to see what the local pricing is on some of these.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014