• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1. Verizon is giving a free upload speed upgrade to all FiOS customers. Your upload speed will automatically be upgraded to match your current download speed. (e.g. if you are currently on a plan that offers 50 mb/s download and 25 mb/s upload, you will now receive 50 mb/s upload for free). This upgrade will be rolled out over the next few weeks starting Monday, 7/21. You might get the upgrade sooner if you sign up for the free "My Rewards" program from the My Verizon website.
Details about this free upgrade 

2. Click the Add/Upgrade Services link from the My Verizon website to view the offers/bundles available to you. Some customers have reported some very good offers, giving more internet speed while lowering their monthly bill. Not all members receive these offers and these offers are separate from the free speed upgrade.

My Verizon Link 

Member Summary

Verizon FiOS - Free speed upgrade and more new offers
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Upgrade took like 10 minutes. It went from 75/35 to 75/75. I actually get 82/88

Stranger2 (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 6:52p) |

i just got verizon august 1st and they said i was not eligible for an upgrade. oh well.

HAPPY_CHRISSY (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 8:42p) |

I was reluctant to signup for the rewards program so passed on this. Got an email today telling me my upload speed had ... (more)

steve1jr (Aug. 15, 2014 @ 12:37p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

And how much for Netflix that actually works?

It won't help much for that but a big improvement for people who put stuff on YouTube. Time Warner recently increased my upload and download by 5X and I'm now utterly spoiled.

thanks, just logged in and signed up for the Rewards program and got the offer for the matched upload speed. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow to 80/80Mbps!

EDIT: I logged back in and noticed it's still on 75/35Mbps.  Appears that I have to add to my cart and check out.  But even if I select "retain agreement", it still shows me the promo pricing for a new two year contract when i view it in the cart... Kinda feels like a bait and switch trick here.  I will chat with a rep to complete this. Don't want them messing things up.

I logged in and joined the rewards program. When i went to view my internet services it showed 25/25 Mbps. I did nothing else. Will check later to verify speed.

Confirmation message after signing up for My Rewards:

Congratulations! Now that you are a My Rewards+ member, we've increased your upload speed to equal your current download speed - just our way of thanking you for being a loyal Verizon customer Your speed upgrade will be completed shortly. Only FiOS® customers get upload speeds as fast as their download speed and it’s yours for free!

I am getting the below. Does anyone else get this?

Offer and Pricing Details: Limited-time online offer for existing Verizon FiOS Internet residential customers upgrading to FiOS 75/75 Mbps Internet. $10 discount applied via bill credit for first month; beginning month 2, standard rates apply. Speed upgrade only available to FiOS Internet customers who currently have less than 75/75 Mbps. You can always cancel your FiOS Quantum upgrade during your free month.

SK1911094 said:   I am getting the below. Does anyone else get this?

Offer and Pricing Details: Limited-time online offer for existing Verizon FiOS Internet residential customers upgrading to FiOS 75/75 Mbps Internet. $10 discount applied via bill credit for first month; beginning month 2, standard rates apply. Speed upgrade only available to FiOS Internet customers who currently have less than 75/75 Mbps. You can always cancel your FiOS Quantum upgrade during your free month.

That's a separate offer that's been around for quite a while. It's not related to the free upgrade that is the subject of this post. Oh...and yes, I've been receiving it on my welcome page for the past two or three months.

The standard WiFi router that Verizon provides is G (54Mbps), so if you have even 50Mbps you will not be able to utilize all your bandwidth with the standard router using only wireless.

Another annoyance with FIOS: they add and drop channels between packages, instead of being additive. So if I want both SyFy and BBC, I'll have to go to the 2nd highest package (extreme), as BBC in available on the lowest priced (but not 2nd lowest), but SyFy is available on 2nd lowest, but not lowest. And if I go to the extreme package, I lose channels such as Hallmark movie and Gospel music channels (not that I watch these channels, but some people do). And SyFy is available on the web for free. Makes no sense to me, but many dollars and cents for Verizon.

Thank you for your continued loyalty as a Verizon FiOS customer. To show our appreciation, we upgraded your Internet upload speed to match your download speed from 50/25 M to 50/50 M for free.

getting about 58 down and 39 up so i guess its better than nothing.

EDIT: i guess it took about an hour to kick in but now getting 58 down and 60 UP.  

It's very confusing. When I check available bundles, it shows a message on the top "Congratulations, as a MyReward+ member you have received a free speed upgrade".
However, the actual bundle prices did not change. (Unless I downgrade my TV service from Prime HD to the new FiOS TV Mundo)
It happened in the past that the system did not process similar offers and I had to go into a lot of hassles. (faxed the screenshot to customer services--Fax only, no e-mail allowed...)
IMO, if they are sincerely offering a free upgrade they should not require me to do anything. I would not take the risk again since I don't want to waste more time talking to customer services...
It took me 2+ hours last time... enough is enough...

According to this article in today's WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/articles/verizon-fios-enhances-bandwidth-f... (looks like a subscription is required) "95% will receive it automatically" by the Fall when the rollout (speeding up uploads) is complete.

Thanks OP for the recommendation to check out the new service bundles - the online bundle tool is really nice (although all the upgrades are more expensive in my case, as I negotiated when re-upping a few months ago to get a $20 discount per month after planning to move back to Comcrap). Amazing how expensive a jump is from 25/25 to 50/50 (a add'l $35/mo for me, I have triple play FWIW).

I'm in MA using Fios. After logging in to their website, using the Myrewards signup link above, I get this:

"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Anyone have insight to why I would get this error?

Thanks !

Thos19 said:   I'm in MA using Fios. After logging in to their website, using the Myrewards signup link above, I get this:

Thanks !

Yes.  For some reason I have these problems accessing myverizon using Chrome.  No issues on Safari/IE/Firefox.

outtawhack said:   
Thos19 said:   I'm in MA using Fios. After logging in to their website, using the Myrewards signup link above, I get this:

Thanks !

Yes.  For some reason I have these problems accessing myverizon using Chrome.  No issues on Safari/IE/Firefox.

Thanks!  I am using Chrome as well.  I'll try a different browser.

This is a privacy disaster. From the website:
Verizon Website said: How Do I Get Rewards?
Simply watching your favorite TV shows and movies can get you rewards. That's one of the many ways you can get points towards getting great stuff!

They've had this program for quite some time on the Verizon Wireless side in select states. Once you sign up, you're giving them permission to spy on every TV show you watch, every website you visit and much more.

Thos19 said:   
outtawhack said:   

Thanks !

Thanks!  I am using Chrome as well.  I'll try a different browser.

Same.  In MA.  Cannot access.  No joy via OSX or Windows on any brower.

Verizon tries to lure me into upgrading the speed for free aka signing a new 2 years contract. I guess I'll pass as I am on month to month with the same pricing as contract.

OOrochiimaru said:   Verizon tries to lure me into upgrading the speed for free aka signing a new 2 years contract. I guess I'll pass as I am on month to month with the same pricing as contract.
  Same here. Though, I finally renewed on my same package since I got tired of waiting for a better plan to come around. There's a $10/month additional credit for 24 months for accepting a 2 year contract.

Does it work with Netflix?

Thanks OP, just did it on 2 accounts, and took $10 off a month each. lets hope it goes through.

FinancialAnalyst said:   This is a privacy disaster. From the website:
Verizon Website said: How Do I Get Rewards?
Simply watching your favorite TV shows and movies can get you rewards. That's one of the many ways you can get points towards getting great stuff!

They've had this program for quite some time on the Verizon Wireless side in select states. Once you sign up, you're giving them permission to spy on every TV show you watch, every website you visit and much more.

You really think you needed to sign up for this program to give them that kind of permission?

Thanks OP - got 75/75 for $10 more a month (from 35/35)

yadadaknow5 said:   And how much for Netflix that actually works?
  I'm on 3MBps down (no FIOS where I'm at) and netflix works great for me.  I use smartphone + chromecast + projector over wifi (old belkin 54g router too) and have absolutely no problems. 

I already had 50/25, and I don't really have much use for 50/50.

However, I was able to downgrade to 25/25 and save $10 per month.  About 6 months ago, I was paying $115 for 25/15 double play, and I "upgraded" to 50/25 to at $110. At the time, the $99 double play was not available to me, but it is now.

25 down is usually fast enough for me to download whatever I want. Typically, the server cannot saturate the pipe anyway.

yadadaknow5 said:   And how much for Netflix that actually works?
  $40 per year for a VPN

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

peterl1365 said:   I already had 50/25, and I don't really have much use for 50/50.

However, I was able to downgrade to 25/25 and save $10 per month.  About 6 months ago, I was paying $115 for 25/15 double play, and I "upgraded" to 50/25 to at $110. At the time, the $99 double play was not available to me, but it is now.

25 down is usually fast enough for me to download whatever I want. Typically, the server cannot saturate the pipe anyway.

If you look carefully, the 50/50 is the same price as the 25/25.  At least it was for me.  

Speedtest
Disclaimer
Wow! Was at 75/35. Logged into my account and found this: Congratulations, as a My Rewards+ member you have received a free speed upgrade.  (Not that I have much use for 80+ upload speeds but for free ...... wth!)

how did you guys activate the free upgrade? I can't seem to find a way

FinancialAnalyst said:   They've had this program for quite some time on the Verizon Wireless side in select states. Once you sign up, you're giving them permission to spy on every TV show you watch, every website you visit and much more.

Where in the rewards program TOS, does it say that they spy on your web sites? I read it, and I didn't see it.

Anyways, I signed up, and it said that they increased my upload, but I waited a few minutes, went back to the web site, and it still listed my service as 50/25. But I did take the opportunity to downgrade my service from 50/25 to 25/25 and save an additional $10/mo. Since I have TV service, I'm curious what I will be provisioned at, because 15/5 with TV was more like 25/15 anyways. So if I get 40/40 I'll be good. And if I get stuck on 25/25 exact, even with TV, I'll be upset.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3640033646

While the speed upgrades are nice it sucks that Verizon is the worst ISP. Do they have a data cap?

screen shot
Disclaimer
If you get the speed increase but don't see the difference using speedtest, just reboot your router (on/off switch). Question about the new purple fios router: does it have wireless N & gigabit ports ? I have gigabit ports in both my desktops but my older fios router doesn't support gigabit.

MisterEd said:   Wow! Was at 75/35. Logged into my account and found this: Congratulations, as a My Rewards+ member you have received a free speed upgrade.  (Not that I have much use for 80+ upload speeds but for free ...... wth!)

Dude, that is some sick speed!!!

mainomega said:   While the speed upgrades are nice it sucks that Verizon is the worst ISP. Do they have a data cap?
  Worst ISP, lol. I guess you never had to deal with Comcast. I recently moved and had to drop FIOS because it wasn't available on my block (available 1 block over) and had to sign up with Comcast. So far its been a nightmare, coming from 35/35 on FIOS the 100/10 on Comcast feels much slower. I wish I could sign up for FIOS again. Oh, and I'm paying $10 more a month for a double play on Comcast (Internet + TV) instead of FIOS' triple play.

mainomega said:   While the speed upgrades are nice it sucks that Verizon is the worst ISP. Do they have a data cap?
  I take it you never had cable ISP where everybody in neighborhood was also a cable customer.

emp1 said:   
  Worst ISP, lol. I guess you never had to deal with Comcast. I recently moved and had to drop FIOS because it wasn't available on my block (available 1 block over) and had to sign up with Comcast. So far its been a nightmare, coming from 35/35 on FIOS the 100/10 on Comcast feels much slower. I wish I could sign up for FIOS again. Oh, and I'm paying $10 more a month for a double play on Comcast (Internet + TV) instead of FIOS' triple play.

Time Warner was awful too.  I watched the verizon trucks roll out FIOS in my neighborhood, but it kept being unavailable.  Finally called them when I saw my neighbor has it available, had them do an engineering ticket, and a few days later - boom was able to order FIOS.  My house was a new construction, so I guess wasn't in their database properly.  

Verizon constantly runs commercials saying they are #1 in customer satisfaction and I tend to agree.  

russ0519 said:   
emp1 said:   

Time Warner was awful too.  I watched the verizon trucks roll out FIOS in my neighborhood, but it kept being unavailable.  Finally called them when I saw my neighbor has it available, had them do an engineering ticket, and a few days later - boom was able to order FIOS.  My house was a new construction, so I guess wasn't in their database properly.  

Verizon constantly runs commercials saying they are #1 in customer satisfaction and I tend to agree.  

I had them do an engineering ticket also and the response was "too bad, we are not rolling it out in your area now." Even though it was on the next block (I can see the houses that have it through my neighbors back yards) and all the street wiring is overhead.

emp1 said:   
russ0519 said:   
emp1 said:   

I had them do an engineering ticket also and the response was "too bad, we are not rolling it out in your area now." Even though it was on the next block (I can see the houses that have it through my neighbors back yards) and all the street wiring is overhead.

Verizon is no longer expanded FIOS.

Verizon: 30% or More of Our Users Will Never Get FiOS

Skipping 13 Messages...
I was reluctant to signup for the rewards program so passed on this. Got an email today telling me my upload speed had just been increased - speedtest confirms it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014