• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we’ll automatically apply a $1 Amazon Instant Video credit to your account once your order ships.

You can use this credit by logging onto the Amazon Instant Video website or going to the Amazon Instant Video app on your smart phone, tablet, TV, or streaming video device. You can rent or buy a movie or TV show from our catalog by clicking Purchase.

Your order with No-Rush Shipping will arrive in 5 - 7 business days. This No-Rush credit expires on October 31, 2014. Terms and Conditions apply.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

amazon (35.37kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I had that pop up for me too as a shipping option when checking out. If the estimated arrival date would have been something more reasonable I may have bit BUT it was more like an additional week delivery. I'm sure it would have arrived well before then but a video credit for em to spend more $$ wasn't that great of an incentive. Maybe $1 off the order would have had me bite.

rated:
Amazon needs to realize that everyone who has had prime for several years, initially signed up for "Prime" because of the FREE 2-day, and $3.99 next day.
All of the extra perks are great, but don't get completely away from what prime originally WAS.

rated:
robby69 said:   Amazon needs to realize that everyone who has had prime for several years, initially signed up for "Prime" because of the FREE 2-day, and $3.99 next day.
All of the extra perks are great, but don't get completely away from what prime originally WAS.

What am I missing here? You still can select two-day shipping. It's just an extra perk.

rated:
What qualifies as "Rush Shipping"? Is that just everything that's not standard shipping?

rated:
Seems to make sense to me. I have definately had them courier service some item that was by no means a must have within 2 days. So nice to have the option to allow them to delay and get something in return.

rated:
Virgil27 said:   What qualifies as "Rush Shipping"? Is that just everything that's not standard shipping?
No-rush shipping = slower than 2 day. Here in the LA area Prime 2 day shipping is usually next day and standard shipping is 2 days so I would definitely go for this.

rated:
perkedel said:   
robby69 said:   Amazon needs to realize that everyone who has had prime for several years, initially signed up for "Prime" because of the FREE 2-day, and $3.99 next day.

What am I missing here? You still can select two-day shipping. It's just an extra perk.

Everybody needs something to be outraged over these days.  
Heaven forbid they give me the option to get my $4.99 Blu-ray of Spaceballs on Friday instead of Thursday and give me a buck towards renting a video for the "inconvenience".

rated:

Totally agree.  Last week I ordered an a $40 item that needed 2 batteries.  I tried adding batteries to my order, and they said that was a "Prime Pantry" item and would cost $5.99 in shipping (on top of the price for batteries) for my pantry item.  Seems since they raised the price for Prime, they are now trying to get Prime to NOT mean 2 day shipping for free.

rated:
tcutty said:   

Totally agree.  Last week I ordered an a $40 item that needed 2 batteries.  I tried adding batteries to my order, and they said that was a "Prime Pantry" item and would cost $5.99 in shipping (on top of the price for batteries) for my pantry item.  Seems since they raised the price for Prime, they are now trying to get Prime to NOT mean 2 day shipping for free.

There are many other options for ordering batteries via Amazon Prime. Prime Pantry is a different program that allows you to order smaller quantity products that would normally be add-on items without a minimum purchase, but with an added shipping cost.

rated:
This is a good thing to do!

rated:
Anything that gets sent to me from Amazon seems to come UPS Surepost if its small enough. Which means the post office wench will leave a card and never ring the bell, so 2 day becomes 3 day shipping because you can't pick it up the same day. I've requested they leave my packages at the PO so I can get them same day, but its their antiquated policy to not do that.

I'll be so happy once USPS dies off completely, they're garbage and we're just propping up a bad business model with UPS Surepost and things like that.

rated:
tcutty said:   

+ 1

rated:
stiltner said:   Anything that gets sent to me from Amazon seems to come UPS Surepost if its small enough. Which means the post office wench will leave a card and never ring the bell, so 2 day becomes 3 day shipping because you can't pick it up the same day. I've requested they leave my packages at the PO so I can get them same day, but its their antiquated policy to not do that.

I'll be so happy once USPS dies off completely, they're garbage and we're just propping up a bad business model with UPS Surepost and things like that.

You live in a higher risk neighborhood, or she would leave it.  I get everything, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, left at my door or in my mailbox, cause it doesn't "disappear" in my neighborhood.

rated:
stiltner said:   Anything that gets sent to me from Amazon seems to come UPS Surepost if its small enough. Which means the post office wench will leave a card and never ring the bell, so 2 day becomes 3 day shipping because you can't pick it up the same day. I've requested they leave my packages at the PO so I can get them same day, but its their antiquated policy to not do that.

Puhlease!  Any package I ship at 13 ounces or less I can ship 1st Class for a few bucks.  It ALWAYS gets to the destination faster and cheaper than either FedEx or UPS.
I just shipped a pair of sunglasses from an eBay sell that weighed 6 ounces for $2.25 with tracking from the East to West Coast and it took 2 days.  Neither of the big two shippers previously mentioned can touch that speed for that price.
Both would have cost FAR more and taken twice as long.
Clearly you have no experience with shipping small packages.

rated:
phutureprimative said:   

Puhlease!  Any package I ship at 13 ounces or less I can ship 1st Class for a few bucks.  It ALWAYS gets to the destination faster and cheaper than either FedEx or UPS.
I just shipped a pair of sunglasses from an eBay sell that weighed 6 ounces for $2.25 with tracking from the East to West Coast and it took 2 days.  Neither of the big two shippers previously mentioned can touch that speed for that price.

If you read, he was talking about "UPS Surepost", not 1st class mail.  UPS ground is good.  USPS 1st Class/Priority is good.  Mix the two and its a disaster.  FedEx's service with USPS is even worse.

rated:
perkedel said:   

That's true, my point was that the original business plan of Amazon Prime membership was Free 2-day shipping.  It seems to be getting away from that model.  How long until they start charging $2.99 for 2-day shipping with Prime Membership.  I use the other Amazon Prime benefits, but I would give them all back for $39/year Prime membership with the only perk being Free 2-day shipping.
                                           (edit, typo $79/year)

rated:
robby69 said:   
perkedel said:   

That's true, my point was that the original business plan of Amazon Prime membership was Free 2-day shipping.  It seems to be getting away from that model.  How long until they start charging $2.99 for 2-day shipping with Prime Membership.  I use the other Amazon Prime benefits, but I would give them all back for $39/year Prime membership with the only perk being Free 2-day shipping.

So you think Amzn should cut the price of Prime to half of what it was when it was launched 10 years ago?  
When Prime was $79.99 at launch the other "stuff" they added on wasn't included.
What other business is rolling back prices to levels 10 years ago especially as it relates to the cost of shipping?

rated:
robby69 said:   
phutureprimative said:   

If you read, he was talking about "UPS Surepost", not 1st class mail.  UPS ground is good.  USPS 1st Class/Priority is good.  Mix the two and its a disaster.  FedEx's service with USPS is even worse.

I read and bolded EXACTLY what he said.
He said he would be happy when USPS died off COMPLETELY.  It would be pretty hard for the USPS to deliver First Class or Priority packages if they were completely gone.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014