• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Dual Core (1GHz) Processor
Listen to your favorite songs with Nokia Music
5MP Camera - Snap creative photos with built-in digital lenses
4 inch WVGA LCD display
4G Windows 8 Smartphone

www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-GoPhone-Nokia-Lumia-520-Pre-paid-Phone/2... 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Did you buy this yourself? I'm looking for a good phone for my daughter, and I need a decent review.

rated:
carriewhite said:   Did you buy this yourself? I'm looking for a good phone for my daughter, and I need a decent review.
  I's been a very popular item here at FW

rated:
These have always been considered quality budget phones. I just wish the 521 would go on sale for this price so I could use it on Lycamobile.

rated:
anonguy said:   These have always been considered quality budget phones. I just wish the 521 would go on sale for this price so I could use it on Lycamobile.
  thanks- it seems to be pretty good prices, good idea

rated:
anonguy said:   These have always been considered quality budget phones. I just wish the 521 would go on sale for this price so I could use it on Lycamobile.
  You can get the 520 unlocked for $10 at http://www.gsmunlockusa.com/ unless it has one of the difficult IMEIs.  But you won't get 1700 mhz band.

rated:
carriewhite said:   Did you buy this yourself? I'm looking for a good phone for my daughter, and I need a decent review.
The 520 and the 521 are consistently the top-selling no-contract phones on Amazon month after month.

The 520 is for AT&T.  The 521 is for T-Mobile.

Amazon usually sells out quickly when they drop the price of the 520 to $50.

rated:
dforest said:   
  You can get the 520 unlocked for $10 at http://www.gsmunlockusa.com/ unless it has one of the difficult IMEIs.  But you won't get 1700 mhz band.

Is this unlocking website reliable? Does this website also unlock T-Mobile Nokia 521? Thanks. 

rated:
PM'd at Target to save 5% w/ Red Card, thanks!

rated:
One can also pricematched at Fry's. Just show them the Amazon price.

rated:
As I recollect, these phones 520/21 are the more difficult ones to unlock. I do not remember anyone being able to unlock them beside the carriers. I got the unlock code for my 521 through T-Mobile

rated:
Went down to $49.96. WooHoo!!

rated:
Filler to get over $50 (free shipping over $50) -- 57 cents pencil erasers -- http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zebra-ZEB83211-M-301-M-401-Mechanical-... 

rated:
I used one for a while. It is not a bad little phone. The Windows OS takes some getting used to especially when it comes to using it as a media player device. It was extremely difficult to set up playlists. It was a bit slow when using the internet, but a very usable little phone. For the price, I don't think you can beat it. Getting a 4G phone for $50 is a good deal.

rated:
Does this phone have microphone to text function like my Android? Love that feature as typing on the small keyboard is a hassle.

rated:
Yes it does have voice to text for typing and is pretty awesome.

rated:
Really wish I had not read this.
Last week had to purchase a replacement phone. I was going from regular AT&T plan to Go Phone. Bought a SIM card from them online (mistake #1). When I received it, it was macro, not micro. But they were kind enough to include an adaptor. I used it (mistake #2). I could not get it inserted right and in the process of trying to get it out to reinsert it, a piece of the plastc broke off. Half of the adapter was stuck in and after repeated nudging I finally got it all out.
Ended up just reinserting the old SIM card and planned to go to AT&T the following day.
Unfortunately, the SIM card could not be recognized; I must have screwed up something while taking the adaptor off.

Went to AT&T. They ended up just giving me the micro-SIM, no need for the adaptor. But my fears were confirmed, the area that reads the SIM was broken.
Had to buy another phone. Ended up going to Best Buy - cost was $69.05 out the door. So in the process of trying to save money by going with a less expensive plan, I spent more. What a waste.
I should have just gone to the AT&T store in the first place.

That said, I have the 520 through AT&T (which I passed off to my son) and the 521 through TMobile. The only complaint I have at the moment is the TMobile 521 does not have Cortana. It's supposed to be available by the end of the year, SUPPOSEDLY. AT&T's 520 has it (with the 8.1 update, of course). Still, both are really good phones; I love them. Was a HUGE iPhone fan before but I've totally switched on that. These are nice, solid phones, glad I gave them a chance. Plus the price is really right, this is well worth the money.

rated:
Hi everyone, I have the Nokia 520 go phone and can't get to www.marketwatch.com to display desktop page. I don't have any problem with other web sites, just this one. There is a mobil app for it, but I get used to the full desktop page. Please let me know if you have a way to do it. Thank you.

rated:
I'm getting a price of $39.99 + free shipping where I am.

rated:
greling said:   I'm getting a price of $39.99 + free shipping where I am.
  $39.99  but no free ship here .. may have to pull the trigger

rated:
Amazon has it for 39.99 free ship (PRIME)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014