• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.cardpool.com/buy/home-depot-gift-cards 

I've seen it at 12% lately, but this is still a nice discount.

Member Summary

home depot (44.21kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Carpool.com

ZombieHunter (Sep. 09, 2014 @ 7:22a) |

Are the hopedepot card legit ?

vijujoshi (Sep. 09, 2014 @ 7:44a) |

Yes, I have bought the Home Depot cars several tomes from Cardpool and never had an issue.

Roefa (Sep. 09, 2014 @ 8:20a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just be sure you're going to use them within 100 days. People who sell cards to Cardpool still have the numbers. Some of those people, after the Cardpool 100 day guarantee expires, might check those numbers at HomeDepot.com to see if any of the card balance seems to be abandoned. Some people, if they find a balance that seems to be abandoned, are likely to take the risk of using that balance, on the theory that it's not very risky to use an abandoned balance. It might be too late, after the 100 day guarantee expires, for you to do anything about it, if/when you discover that part of your balance is suddenly used then.

You should also be aware that Cardpool charges your credit card before they check their inventory to see if the cards you order from them are still in stock. The first time I ordered cards from them, they charged my credit card and then, a few seconds later, their website told me the cards had already been sold to someone else, and they would refund my credit card. But they took several days to refund it, leaving me wondering, during those several days, when, if ever, they were actually going to refund it.  Most online stores get the charge approved but don't actually finalize the charge if you cancel the order shortly after you order.  Cardpool, even when they cancel the order in the middle of processing it, goes ahead and finalizes the charge, so you see the final charge posted to your credit card a day or two later, then see the refund to your credit card some random number of days after that.

One thing I liked about Cardpool was that after my first order, which they canceled in the middle of the order, they sent me, sometime in the next couple of weeks after that, a 5% off $200 discount coupon, so I could order about $225 worth of Home Depot gift cards, get the 11% discount, and then 5% discount stacked on top of that.  But I only did that because I was planning to use those $225 within the next 100 days.

rated:
Good point, 9000. But I use the a lot for Bass Pro shop and never had a single issue. You can take your card to Homedepot and ask them to load it onto a new card. I've done that with more then one card.

rated:
I too have loaded cards onto new cards, at various stores, but Home Depot's website says they don't allow using gift cards to buy gift cards. Are you saying you have actually tried that at Home Depot, or just other stores?

rated:
9000 said:   Just be sure you're going to use them within 100 days. People who sell cards to Cardpool still have the numbers. Some of those people, after the Cardpool 100 day guarantee expires, might check those numbers at HomeDepot.com to see if any of the card balance seems to be abandoned. Some people, if they find a balance that seems to be abandoned, are likely to take the risk of using that balance, on the theory that it's not very risky to use an abandoned balance. It might be too late, after the 100 day guarantee expires, for you to do anything about it, if/when you discover that part of your balance is suddenly used then.

You should also be aware that Cardpool charges your credit card before they check their inventory to see if the cards you order from them are still in stock. The first time I ordered cards from them, they charged my credit card and then, a few seconds later, their website told me the cards had already been sold to someone else, and they would refund my credit card. But they took several days to refund it, leaving me wondering, during those several days, when, if ever, they were actually going to refund it.

As long as cardpool is actually still in business when you have a problem their 100 day guarantee MAY cover you but otherwise you are likely SOL in terms of protection from your credit card company supporting you in case of problems later when buying previously loaded GCs through a broker service like cardpool.
An employee of mine in our NC facility ordered $2K of HD cards through cardpool back in January and apparently most of them apparently came from the same source that was originally funded with a stolen credit card and then resold through cardpool.  Cardpool, game him the runaround for several weeks stated they needed to verify the claim so in the meantime he filed a chargeback with American Express.  AMEX rejected his chargeback stating that buying HD GCs from a GC broker is against HD's GC terms of use that explicitly prohibit the resell of previously loaded HD GCs and HD store credit GCs issued ..AMEX cited that the FCBA does not cover illegal transactions.

rated:
9000 said:   I too have loaded cards onto new cards, at various stores, but Home Depot's website says they don't allow using gift cards to buy gift cards. Are you saying you have actually tried that at Home Depot, or just other stores?
  Have not tried it at HD yet. But I would say that's just on line. It might be to keep some one from stealing a GC number and getting it loaded on a new one   Since you have the card in hand. I would think in store they would. (Not 100% sure)

rated:
9000 said:   I too have loaded cards onto new cards, at various stores, but Home Depot's website says they don't allow using gift cards to buy gift cards. Are you saying you have actually tried that at Home Depot, or just other stores?

That only protects you from the original GC being drained later. It does NOT protect you from GCs paid for with stolen credit cards. If the original GC was funded with a stolen GC then your new GC will be frozen as well. Plus when caught at HD using the GC you will have an even harder time explaining why you are churning HD GCs which is technically money laundering.

rated:
I think one very common source of discount gift cards is from people who are near bankruptcy, whose bank credit cards are all maxed out, and they only have store credit cards with available balances remaining. So, to pay their rent, they use their store cards to buy store gift cards, and sell those to companies like Cardpool. But I don't know if those are more common than gift cards bought with stolen credit card numbers. And I have no idea what percentage come from people who received the gift cards as gifts and didn't want them.

rated:
Raise has similar savings

rated:
cardpool is horrible to deal with, never will I buy from again

rated:
Been doing business with Cardpool for ages - never a problem. E-giftcards arrive in minutes, great for immediate use.

"9000," Home Depot accepts gift cards in payment for gift cards. Do it all the time.

rated:
In their gift card FAQs, Home Depot's website says:

What forms of payment do you accept for purchase of The Home Depot Gift Card?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and The Home Depot Credit Card to purchase The Home Depot Gift Card. Please note that neither a Home Depot Gift Card nor a Store Credit may be used to purchase Gift Cards.

rated:
Needed to get a ceiling fan on sale from HomeDepot.com. Picked out the right ceiling fan (40% off), then purchased a gift card from these guys for the exact amount due after tax (there's a "Bulk order" option where you simply put in the amount you need and it'll get you a gift card for that amount). Order processed within 15 minutes, I got the GC card # and PIN. Dropped info into the checkout screen. Paid 11% less for that + 2% FW Cash Back.

Pretty good deal overall if there's something you need to purchase now, don't have to worry about the 100 day guarantee stuff.

Might pull the trigger again on a much needed water heater...

rated:
I purchased a HD gift card from Cardpool.com, then realized I wouldn't be using it within the 100-day window. I tried repurchasing a gift card in my local store, and was immediately told that they could not do that (which is the same rule 9000 points out from their website). I asked for the manager and was told the same thing. I ended up having to purchase something, then return it, to cycle the money onto a store credit gift card. It was a PITA.

In the end, I was able to combine the gift cards with a 10% off Lowes card, and get a $2800 riding mower for nearly 20% off.

To be safe, plan to use the money within the guarantee window, regardless of whether you buy from cardpool, giftcardrescue, etc.

BTW - good discount, OP!

rated:
12% right now.

rated:
So no problems with the egift cards? Looking to buy blinds within a few weeks. Anyone have a 10% Lowes or HD coupon laying around I can have?

rated:
aznboi64 said:   So no problems with the egift cards? Looking to buy blinds within a few weeks. Anyone have a 10% Lowes or HD coupon laying around I can have?
The 10% Lowes cards are hard to come by these days. There are some listed on eBay, but at higher prices than they used to be.

rated:
12.5% for 8/15/14

rated:
Can one buy something with the card right away and then return it for a Home Depot merchandise card and not have to worry about the 100 days anymore?

rated:
Yes.

rated:
It's 13% today.  I just got my first order completed after 2 business days.  I bought Home Depot electronic gift cards.  Their site says 1 to 3 days with electronic gift cards in 1, but for your first order you should expect 2 or 3.  I ordered on a Thu 2PM and didn't hear anything the first 24 hours.  Then I googled Cardpool.com and saw lots of bad reviews about how you have to call them for verification.  I tried calling the number I saw in their reports and leaving all my info including callback and order number, but no return call.  Then around 5PM Friday I got an email asking me to call that same number and suggesting they would call me back if I left my info... apparently not!  They don't answer on weekends.  Finally this morning (Mon) I tried at 10AM unsuccessfully but got through at 11AM.  They had valid questions to verify the order and then I received an email with the gift card PIN by 11:20, and Home Depot immediately accepted the codes for an order.  They say I can get future orders without any verification.

rated:
Most of you do know what you're talking about and just making up horror stories. I've been buying from them for two years without a problem. I always get the cards that I order and they are always working. Home Depot doesn't allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards.. That is their policy, not cardpool. I buy a crap ton of WalMart gift cards, and you can buy gift cards with gift cards. I specifically use them for budgeting gas. I buy a months worth of gas up front, and still save an additional 3 cents at the WalMart pump.

Of course you take a risk work everything you do, but they are safe. I don't know why you'd keep a gift card past 100 days anyway... Buy it, use it. I save alot, and using your credit card protects you.

rated:
Where do you buy the Wally's GCs from, for how much discount, and which GCs exactly do you buy with those GCs?

rated:
serenity22 said:   Where do you buy the Wally's GCs from, for how much discount, and which GCs exactly do you buy with those GCs?

Carpool.com

rated:
Are the hopedepot card legit ?

rated:
Yes, I have bought the Home Depot cars several tomes from Cardpool and never had an issue.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014