• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
credit techbargains

TigerDirect has the following items FAR, but shipping starts at $4.30. Shoprunner might help, but I don't see it for the items, though

free shipping (credit mav14)
Memorex DiscRepair Scratch Repair Kit - CD / DVD / Blu-ray - 98836 
$9.99 - $9.99 MIR exp 8/3/14

Cooler Master 200mm Case Fan - 700RPM, Red LED (OEM) - RA-FAN-20030-4P 
$14.99 - $15 MIR exp 8/6/14

Shoprunner eligible (credit thaitrunghieu)
TP-Link TL-WN723N Mini Wireless N USB Adapter - USB 2.0, 150Mbps, 802.11n 
$19.99 - $20 MIR exp 8/10/14

no free shipping
Eastwear Leather Folio Case for New iPad® & iPad® 2/3/4 - Built-in Stand, Black 
$10 - $10 MIR exp 8/2/14

Fit & Fresh CleanTek™ Filtered Water Bottle - 20 oz., 500 Refills (141FF) 
$7.99 - $7.99 MIR exp 8/5/14

Color Research Slim Jewel Case DVD-R 10-Pack - 10-Pack, 16X, 120 mins, 4.7GB, Inkjet Printable 
$9.97 - $9.97 MIR exp 8/6/14

Kingwin CFBL-012LB LED Case Fan - 120mm, Blue 
$9.99 - $10 MIR exp 8/3/14

note: i will not be doing these rebates because i'm a little hesitant about the rebate processor and personally i don't have much experience purchasing from TigerDirect. However, if you've had good experience with these rebates, by all means go for it. I just have a few bad times with the processor. (to be fair, i've probably done hundreds of rebates, so YMMV)

Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've stopped doing any rebates for this rebate processor. Nothing but problems with them....

rated:

rated:
Thanks for posting OP. It looks like the Memorex DiscRepair kit and the Cooler Master 200mm case fan has free shipping right now.

I'm not a huge fan of TD nor their way of packaging items for shipping. However, I have consistently had good experiences with their rebates since Nov 2013 as long as you followed the instructions line by line. What gets most people is they do not include the "invoice" version of the receipt.

rated:
roy7736 said:   I've stopped doing any rebates for this rebate processor. Nothing but problems with them....
  Really? No such experience here in years. In fact they have become faster if anything.

rated:
In for 1 of the wireless adapter. Thanks OP.

I have done TD rebates 10+ times in the last 12 months for HDMI cables, headphones, battery charger, labtop charger, mini-USB cable, etc. Awesome way to get useful stuff that I would've never bought, all for pennies. All my rebates went smoothly and the Prepaid rebate cards arrived as promised very quickly. I like the online rebate registration - helps to eliminate a lot of potential errors.

rated:
mmyk72 said:   All my rebates went smoothly and the Prepaid rebate cards arrived as promised very quickly. I like the online rebate registration - helps to eliminate a lot of potential errors. 
 Same here.  TigerDirect used to have a bad reputation on rebates, but I've haven't experienced any problems or delays in the past year or two with them.  In fact, some have been delivered amazingly fast.

rated:
roy7736 said:   I've stopped doing any rebates for this rebate processor. Nothing but problems with them....

I hadn't up until the last one I did with Tiger through this processor.
They processed it very quickly and showed that it had shipped.
After 2 months still nothing.  I e-mailed them and they said it had shipped and to contact AmEx.
AmEx checked my info and said they had never shipped a card to me for the rebate in question.
Went round and round via e-mail and on the phone with the rebate people.
FINALLY they issued the card after way too much effort on my part.

So yeah, its smooth till you have a problem.

rated:
Thanks VivYip - got one with free shipping and one with Shoprunner.

BTW I've never NOT received a TD rebate.

rated:
 So yeah, its smooth till you have a problem.

I do agree. It works most of the time, but only when there is a problem, you will realize "it has worked all the time" is not true - anymore.

Here is how I look at it: Even if one out of 10 rebates ends up in a problem, still you got 10 items for the price of one. Still a good deal. They are giving out items for free, and ship it free (most of times), then spend money on rebate processors (who are most of the time understaffed, atleast for support), spend on postage to send you the checks. So I am not going to complain much. I lost a $24.99 rebate recently from TD, my first problem with TD rebates.

rated:
Thanks, In for 1 TP-Link USB adapter with Shoprunner.

When you guys do the rebates do you include the extra numbers in the order number that are on the packing slip?  For example: Order number is: J834998234 but on the packing slip is J834998234-101.  Include the -101 or not? Thanks.

rated:
2 month ago I totally avoided buy anything from TG and told my friends not to buy. From this June, I give a try to a FAR item with TG. I chose the regular process for the $20 rebate, suppose to get the GC back in 2 months. What a supprise, I got it less than 2 weeks after I mailed the paper works. So by now I did 8 FAR purchase with them. 5 of them got cards same speed. The other 3, I just mailed out documents last week and finger crossed. So above is just a truth not an opinion. 

rated:
johnfw said:   Thanks, In for 1 TP-Link USB adapter with Shoprunner.

When you guys do the rebates do you include the extra numbers in the order number that are on the packing slip?  For example: Order number is: J834998234 but on the packing slip is J834998234-101.  Include the -101 or not? Thanks.

No.

rated:
VivYip said:   credit techbargains

TigerDirect has the following items FAR, but shipping starts at $4.30. Shoprunner might help, but I don't see it for the items, though

free shipping (credit mav14)
Memorex DiscRepair Scratch Repair Kit - CD / DVD / Blu-ray - 98836 
$9.99 - $9.99 MIR exp 8/3/14

Cooler Master 200mm Case Fan - 700RPM, Red LED (OEM) - RA-FAN-20030-4P 
$14.99 - $15 MIR exp 8/6/14

Shoprunner eligible (credit thaitrunghieu)
TP-Link TL-WN723N Mini Wireless N USB Adapter - USB 2.0, 150Mbps, 802.11n 
$19.99 - $20 MIR exp 8/10/14

no free shipping
Eastwear Leather Folio Case for New iPad® & iPad® 2/3/4 - Built-in Stand, Black 
$10 - $10 MIR exp 8/2/14

Fit & Fresh CleanTek™ Filtered Water Bottle - 20 oz., 500 Refills (141FF) 
$7.99 - $7.99 MIR exp 8/5/14

Color Research Slim Jewel Case DVD-R 10-Pack - 10-Pack, 16X, 120 mins, 4.7GB, Inkjet Printable 
$9.97 - $9.97 MIR exp 8/6/14

Kingwin CFBL-012LB LED Case Fan - 120mm, Blue 
$9.99 - $10 MIR exp 8/3/14

note: i will not be doing these rebates because i'm a little hesitant about the rebate processor and personally i don't have much experience purchasing from TigerDirect. However, if you've had good experience with these rebates, by all means go for it. I just have a few bad times with the processor. (to be fair, i've probably done hundreds of rebates, so YMMV)

Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

VivYip, You should make a TigerDirect FAR post that continually updates with new FAR offers like the ones we have for Frys and Neweg. 

rated:
well, for what it's worth, i'm trying it's going to take some time and help though

rated:
I just had 2 of my MIRs denied because they "did not receive my submission". Same letters (with MIR documents) I send using the same USPS for more than 16 years - ONLY TigerDirect's items are from time-to-time "not received" ... Not always, but annoyingly persistent. 
Very suspicious if to say the least. 
Nothing I can do: I say "I keep copies", "I can re-send the submission" - the answer is "you can try to re-send your submission, but we can't promise we will honor it, because it it too late". 
They can say anything they want, and we, customers, are completely helpless to do anything. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014