• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/coupons/?icid=HP:HP:DEALSDROP:COUPON:TEXT... 

Product: Hammermill 8.5 x 11 CopyPlus Paper Ream
Rebate reward: $4.00 Check
Purchase dates: 08-03-2014 through 08-09-2014
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: $4 Rebate on a Hammermill 8.5 x 11 Inch Copy Plus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer Number: 14-95942
Limit 4 Rebate

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Aug. 6, 2014 @ 1:30pm
Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Hammermill Copy Plus Paper (23.99kB)
Thanks Solipsist
Disclaimer

4 ream cpn (284.69kB)
Thanks brusbrother
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What if the cashier is being really stupid.  Like for example if you have a manufacturer's coupon that says redeemable a... (more)

russ0519 (Aug. 04, 2014 @ 3:38p) |

Ok, seriously guys, take the off topic discussion to a thread in the deal discussion forum if you want.

pthor1231 (Aug. 04, 2014 @ 4:18p) |

At my Staples you don't even need the actual coupon I just tell the cashier the 5 digit number I have been doing this fo... (more)

tommythe (Aug. 07, 2014 @ 2:11p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks MC. Time to burn up some Rewards!
Here's a 4 cpn per sheet attached.

rated:
thanks!! I have been waiting for more free paper!!!
what about them binders they have. wonder if there will be more free binders like before?

rated:
Finally,

rated:
my local Staples sucks.. i was only able to buy 1 ream..

rated:
squanderer said:   my local Staples sucks.. i was only able to buy 1 ream..

what douches, the rebate limit is 4, so what is the problem using 4 coupons? (did you print out 4?)

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

what douches, the rebate limit is 4, so what is the problem using 4 coupons? (did you print out 4?)

i printed out 4 coupons.. they told me ' limit 1 coupon per customer'..

rated:
squanderer said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

i printed out 4 coupons.. they told me ' limit 1 coupon per customer'..

sorry they were so difficult, I always point out, but the rebate limit is 4 and they can actually use that "ONE" coupon and scan it four times. 

rated:
my Staples does the same because the coupons says limit one per person

Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to Hammermill 8.5" x 11" Copy Plus copy paper, ream only, item no. 122408. While supplies last. Plus tax where applicable. Limit one coupon per customer.

rated:
absolutely great, never had problem with their rebate

rated:
Thanks OP. I just signed up for Chase Ink Plus w/ the latest promo offer, hope my card arrives this week, would make this too tempting to pass.

rated:
tuanst0r said:   my Staples does the same because the coupons says limit one per person

Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to Hammermill 8.5" x 11" Copy Plus copy paper, ream only, item no. 122408. While supplies last. Plus tax where applicable. Limit one coupon per customer.

It says "limit one coupon" yes, nowhere does it say limit one rebate, so I'd politely say "yes sir, you are correct I am presenting one coupon, and this coupon will work on all 4 reams I'm buying cause the rebate limit is 4 so if you simply scan it 4 times it will work 4 times. If the limit was one ream PERIOD, the Staples system would not allow it to apply itself to more than one ream". PUT THEM ON THE DEFENSIVE. Be proactive!!

rated:
About time. I was down to my last two cases of paper (I use a lot) but for the last couple of years I haven't paid anything but sales tax for letter size paper. I was beginning to wonder if Staples had phased out the FAR copy paper deals all together.

rated:
FYI: just got next weeks flier ( store put wrong one out): next week is $2 after coupon and rebate

rated:
freakinout said:   FYI: just got next weeks flier ( store put wrong one out): next week is $2 after coupon and rebate

right, which means if a new q doesn't come out for next week, this coupon will still scan on Mon & Tues of next week.

rated:
hey, I know it can be a pain, but take your one ream & go out the door. Come back in the door. Your now a new customer. Buy another until you get all 4 reams. Pain yes, but maybe they will get the message eventually.

rated:
ind2ofthesenow said:   hey, I know it can be a pain, but take your one ream & go out the door. Come back in the door. Your now a new customer. Buy another until you get all 4 reams. Pain yes, but maybe they will get the message eventually.
  Bring a variety of costumes, fake eyeglasses with moustache, speak in different languages... mix it up.

rated:
ind2ofthesenow said:   hey, I know it can be a pain, but take your one ream & go out the door. Come back in the door. Your now a new customer. Buy another until you get all 4 reams. Pain yes, but maybe they will get the message eventually.
  That doesn't work if your goal is to cash out rewards.

rated:
I got tired of arguing, so now I just edit the coupon.

rated:
edavid said:   I got tired of arguing, so now I just edit the coupon.
  fyi, a ream of paper is not worth committing fraud

rated:
Just out of curiosity, where did the coupon come from? I only see the paper for $2 after rebate in our weekly ad and I have no coupons in my Staples Rewards account.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it under the coupon link under "Deals" not in weekly ad.

rated:
anonguy said:   Just out of curiosity, where did the coupon come from? I only see the paper for $2 after rebate in our weekly ad and I have no coupons in my Staples Rewards account.
  Go to Staples.com. There is a DEALs  drop down over on top right. Pick COUPONS from the drop down list.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
anonguy said:   Just out of curiosity, where did the coupon come from? I only see the paper for $2 after rebate in our weekly ad and I have no coupons in my Staples Rewards account.
  Go to Staples.com. There is a DEALs  drop down over on top right. Pick COUPONS from the drop down list.

Thanks, I think I figured it out the same time you posted. Seems odd to have two coupons for same product. But, I guess that is to catch guys like me that didn't sniff around a little harder for coupons. Thanks to OP too.

rated:
  wish I know how to do that.  lol

rated:
Just wondering where it says that 4 was allowed-don't see anything in the Q about it.

rated:
treehugger said:   Just wondering where it says that 4 was allowed-don't see anything in the Q about it.
  Like all 5 digit coupons, register allows multiple scans. Cashier may or may not scan more than once. YMMV.

rated:
I can't print out the coupon. I'm out of paper

rated:
lighthouse9605 said:   I can't print out the coupon. I'm out of paper
  Show it on a smartphone or just give it verbally.

rated:
lordoffire said:   

How is it fraud?  The register accepts it.

rated:
edavid said:   
lordoffire said:   

What is coupon fraud?You don’t have to run a major crime operation to commit coupon fraud. Coupon Fraud is defined as “intentionally using a coupon for a product that he/she has not purchased or otherwise fails to satisfy the terms and conditions for redemption, when a retailer submits coupons for products they have not sold or that were not properly redeemed by a consumer in connection with a retail purchase, or when coupons are altered/ counterfeited.”

rated:
edavid said:   
lordoffire said:   

So, paying with counterfeit money is OK if the cashier accepts it?  

rated:
Register also accepts photocopy of manufacture coupon, but it is still fraud to photocopy or alter coupon!

rated:
The court of Fatwallet is in session. I charge Staples with fraudulently adding an incorrect limit to the coupon wording. Attorney for Staples, please explain why, if Staples intended a limit of 1 ream, that the rebate limit is 4, and the register allows the coupon code to be used multiple times. Also explain why a majority of store cashiers have been trained to scan the coupon multiple times, while only a minority will not. Finally, explain why some cashiers have been trained to accept a verbal coupon code, without limits or conditions.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
edavid said:   
lordoffire said:   

So, paying with counterfeit money is OK if the cashier accepts it?  

Grey area.

rated:
Let me be the first to green "Grey area".

rated:
kayape said:   Register also accepts photocopy of manufacture coupon, but it is still fraud to photocopy or alter coupon!

Rules for stores coupons and manufacturer coupons are totally different. RED for a ridiculous post, everyone knows you can print out as many copies of a store coupon as you like in the case of Staples. altering is another story altogether.

rated:
I am not about to start war here but it's Mr. Cheap's way or no way!!!

Discussion was altering coupon and register accepting. Whether it's manufacture coupon or store coupon, it's fraud to alter coupon.

Now give as many red you want.   

rated:
kayape said:   I am not about to start war here but it's Mr. Cheap's way or no way!!!

Discussion was altering coupon and register accepting. Whether it's manufacture coupon or store coupon, it's fraud to alter coupon.

Try proofing what you post up kayape and stop with the slams which are caused by your own lack of knowledge.

Did you read what I posted? I said COPYING store coupons (in the case of Staples at least) is perfectly legit. I never said altering coupons was. You posted it WAS FRAUD TO COPY STORE COUPONS. it is not. More red for you!

rated:
kayape said:   I am not about to start war here but it's Mr. Cheap's way or no way!!!

What if the cashier is being really stupid.  Like for example if you have a manufacturer's coupon that says redeemable at Walgreens (not redeemable only at Walgreens) and the cashier refuses to accept it.  Does ripping that piece of the paper off constitute altering the coupon and therefore fraud?

Skipping 2 Messages...
rated:
At my Staples you don't even need the actual coupon I just tell the cashier the 5 digit number I have been doing this for years now (downtown Chicago)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014