• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon.com : Gamo Silent Cat Air Rifle : Airsoft Rifles : Sports Outdoors
Disclaimer
Lowest per camelcamelcamel.  
   4.1 out of 5 stars (394 customer reviews)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024XEXQS 

• caliber: 0.177
  • velocity: 1200.00 ft/sec
  • Warranty: One year limited warranty
  • Skeleton Stock & 4x32 scope!

Member Summary

rifle
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Illinois gun laws won't even allow someone to own one of these or is that only if you have a gun license?  I think 700fps is the limit without a license.

momotarosan said:   Illinois gun laws won't even allow someone to own one of these or is that only if you have a gun license?  I think 700fps is the limit without a license.

Correct.  .18 caliber or less and 700fps otherwise you need a FOID card.

I bought one of these at Big 5 a while back. These guns are anything but silent. There is a loud crack when it shoots because the pellet breaks the sound barrier. Amazingly accurate and capable of taking pigeons out stone cold.

This one is also ~$99. No silencer, may come with pellets.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamo-Rifle-Platinum-Pellets-Caliber/dp/B00...

Badfishlbc said:   I bought one of these at Big 5 a while back. These guns are anything but silent. There is a loud crack when it shoots because the pellet breaks the sound barrier. Amazingly accurate and capable of taking pigeons out stone cold.
  If you want silent get a Benjamin Maruader. The pellet slamming into it's Target is the loudest thing you'll hear.

poorfatkid said:   
Badfishlbc said:   I bought one of these at Big 5 a while back. These guns are anything but silent. There is a loud crack when it shoots because the pellet breaks the sound barrier. Amazingly accurate and capable of taking pigeons out stone cold.
  If you want silent get a Benjamin Maruader. The pellet slamming into it's Target is the loudest thing you'll hear.

Assuming you want to spend 5x what this costs...

While nowhere near silent, the world was relieved of 7 starlings the day it arrived.

Silent really is a misnomer even with subsonic ammo. It sounds like a quiet .22.

I bought the same model but not the silent one. Forgot the name of it. I did a lot of reviews and some said that the silent is louder than the others because of the subsonic bullet speed. Ive shot 30 rabbits in my front yard with it in the late hours of the night on hot days where my neighbors had their windows open. None of them said they heard anything. Anyways, these are great wether you get the silent or not.

Can you still hear the lambs, Clarice?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014