• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Google Nexus 7 32GB tablet (Gen 2, 2013) now on clearance  for $@259.50 (only a $9.50 discount).  Combined with this coupon for $75 off clearance tablets and PCs the price comes down to $184.50 which is better than any other current price I can find on this tablet.  I picked up two from different stores here in San Diego and there are still some showing in inventory at other stores in this area.  According to the coupon, this is for in store purchase only.

UPDATE 8/25:  There is now a $100 off clearance laptops and tablets coupon (expires Aug 30) which would bring the price down to $159.50.  Find the coupon at Staples coupons.  Out of stock online, but you may still be able to find one in a store.

Thanks to FW user coolbreeze for the new coupon tip (posted below).

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The Tablet or PC needs to be clearance item so you can not apply the coupon to them, you were very lucky to get that Tab... (more)

tradecuador (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 6:36p) |

The store inventory checker for the 32GB Nexus 7 is working again on the Staples website.  In the San Diego area where I... (more)

webersd (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 6:56p) |

I got the Nexus at my Staples for $119 after the coupon but it is the display. I can get Lenovo 10.1 S6000 model from O... (more)

shortt23 (Aug. 29, 2014 @ 5:33p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If I had only waited a year to get this great price! Nice find OP!

rated:
If you looked closer $75 coupon code 50464 for online or phone. it has been posted several times
alid in U.S. stores, online or by phone.Expires August 16, 2014$75 off
any clearance PC or tablet.  In-store Coupon Code: 16176
Online or Phone Coupon Code: 50464

rated:
The coupon in question is here

http://www.staples.com/coupons 

=================================================Valid in U.S. stores, online or by phone.Expires August 16, 2014$75 off
any clearance PC or tablet.In-store Coupon Code: 16176
Online or Phone Coupon Code: 50464

rated:
This model doesn't seem to be part of the deal, at least without a fight.  I tried to use the coupon but it wasn't accepted online. 

  • $75 off any clearance PC or tablet.
  • Coupon #:  50464
  • Coupon not applied: Minimum order total requirement has not been met.

I called Staples and the rep said not all clearance models are valid but did suggest going to my local shop since they show one in stock and see what the mgr could do.

Use the coupon link and "shop now" to see the Nexus below or a Toshiba that was previously posted.

This is the link to the accepted unit.  http://www.staples.com/Google-Nexus-7-LTE-7-32GB-Tablet/product_...

But of course it's out of stock.  LOL.

rated:
dalejava said:   This model doesn't seem to be part of the deal, at least without a fight.  I tried to use the coupon but it wasn't accepted online. 

  • $75 off any clearance PC or tablet.
  • Coupon #:  50464
  • Coupon not applied: Minimum order total requirement has not been met.

I called Staples and the rep said not all clearance models are valid but did suggest going to my local shop since they show one in stock and see what the mgr could do.

Use the coupon link and "shop now" to see the Nexus below or a Toshiba that was previously posted.

This is the link to the accepted unit.  http://www.staples.com/Google-Nexus-7-LTE-7-32GB-Tablet/product_... 

But of course it's out of stock.  LOL.

You will have no problem buying the wifi only model (link in the original post above) at the store.  I purchased one of these at two different stores and both times the printed coupon scanned without issue (coupon link in the original post above) .  They are stored in the stock room and you will have to get someone to get fetch it for you.  I printed out the product page from the Staples website and gave it to the employee, so there was no confusion.  The cashier at the first store was a little surpised by the discount, but no problems.  I was in and out of both stores in less than ten minutes.  My wife and I love these tablets.

rated:
Do they have the LTE model in store?

rated:
thanks for sharing!!!!

rated:
watssion said:   Do they have the LTE model in store?
 According to the Staples website the LTE model is (was) available online only.  I did not inquire about it when I was in the store.
 

rated:
Picked one up today. Thanx OP.

You can also get the previous generation of this model @ $75.00 .
Item # 100604

rated:
Picked one up today. Thanx OP.

You can also get the previous generation of this model @ $75.00
Item # 100604

rated:
The online item no longer lists this tablet as being "Clearance"

EDIT: There it is. Strange.

Anyway, I managed to score one. Had to go a ways to find a store that had some in stock. Tip: Go to the stores that list more than one available in the stock tracker. The 1 that some stores show is often the floor model.

Had to go to 2 other Staples stores to find the Zagg screen protector though.

rated:
This is odd. 
The cc charge came thru today as completed from the buy online
last Saturday that the store never had.

rated:
misch said:   The online item no longer lists this tablet as being "Clearance"
  
It's still listed as a clearance item at http://www.staples.com/nexus+7/directory_nexus+7

Does anyone know if the "$75 off clearance PCs and tablets" coupon can be stacked with the "20% off everything you can fit in our bag" coupon that came in today's email from Staples (both coupons can be found on Staples coupon page )?

rated:
out of stock

rated:
dragonle2000 said:   out of stock
Available in stores.  I see numerous stores here in San Diego showing at least one in stock.

rated:
webersd said:   
dragonle2000 said:   out of stock
Available in stores.  I see numerous stores here in San Diego showing at least one in stock.

  If only one it has always been the well used display model, or one in returns with issues...

rated:
I don't think this is hot after I got mine for $65 at GameStop used but I think it's worth double that. Love the the new chomecast screen mirror baked in now. eats battery but I'm beaming the new XMBC app and HULU without a hiccup for hours at a time. Feels like Nirvana.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
webersd said:   
dragonle2000 said:   out of stock
Available in stores.  I see numerous stores here in San Diego showing at least one in stock.

  If only one it has always been the well used display model, or one in returns with issues...

I bought two, one each from stores with one in stock.  Both were brand new sealed in boxes that were retrieved from the stock room.  YMMV.

I see one store in my area (Escondido, CA) with eight in stock.

rated:
FWDamon said:   
Does anyone know if the "$75 off clearance PCs and tablets" coupon can be stacked with the "20% off everything you can fit in our bag" coupon that came in today's email from Staples (both coupons can be found on Staples coupon page )?

  
The "20% off everything you can fit in our bag" coupon says, "Cannot be combined with any other coupons."  I should have read it more closely before posting my question.

rated:
webersd said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
webersd said:   
dragonle2000 said:   out of stock
Available in stores.  I see numerous stores here in San Diego showing at least one in stock.

  If only one it has always been the well used display model, or one in returns with issues...

I bought two, one each from stores with one in stock.  Both were brand new sealed in boxes that were retrieved from the stock room.  YMMV.

I see one store in my area (Escondido, CA) with eight in stock.

got one from stock room (mission valley)

thanks!

second store i tried. the online estimates may not be accurate

rated:
This deal is dead (coupon expired), however the LTE model is now back in stock online and there is a $100 off coupon that works bringing the cost of that model to $169.90

FW staffer st4rdust posted this deal: 32GB ASUS Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation 7" 4G LTE Tablet - $169.90 AC + FS @ Staples
 

rated:
What's better. This or a Kindle?

rated:
Just a reminder to those who took advantage of the $75 off coupon that the $100 coupon found here can be used for a return/rebuy to get an additional $25 or so.

rated:
16 gig is $99, 32gig is $159 now.

Picked up a 32 today. Coupon online. Google "Staples Coupons."

Also the Dell Venue Pro 8 is $90 after coupon.

rated:
OOS online. yymv in store but all my nearby stores were out of stock (seattle area)

rated:
Went to my local
store with $100 coupon in hand. Clerk was a little curt and said all sold out. Came home put a Samsung 7 in basket and said did not reach amount level.
Called C S and got Ken. Paid $79.00 for the Samsung which started out at $195. Very happy and thanks to F W for all the information!!!

rated:
The Tablet or PC needs to be clearance item so you can not apply the coupon to them, you were very lucky to get that Table Samsung is a Special Buy not clearance

rated:
The store inventory checker for the 32GB Nexus 7 is working again on the Staples website.  In the San Diego area where I live, I see 4 available in Escondido, but no others that I can see in San DIego county. A random check of some cities and towns around the country shows scattered units available in some areas.   If you find one near you, take a printout of the Staples page for the Nexus 7 showing that it is a clearance item, and take your $100 off coupon and hope they've got a nice unopened one in the stockroom.

rated:
I got the Nexus at my Staples for $119 after the coupon but it is the display. I can get Lenovo 10.1 S6000 model from Office Depot for $135. Which is the better tablet?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014