• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the kindle edition of the following for $0.99:

Oz: The Complete Collection (All 14 Oz Books, with Illustrated Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and Exclusive Bonus Features)
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Oz!

Fans of L. Frank Baum’s Oz books, you are in for a treat. Collected here is the ultimate Kindle edition of the beloved series starring such timeless characters as Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the Wicked Witch of the West.

Included in OZ: The Complete Collection are:

• All fourteen Oz books written by L. Frank Baum.
• The first book, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, is illustrated with the classic W.W. Denslow artwork.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of all the Oz books in this collection.
• An individual, active Table of Contents for each book accessible from the Kindle “go to” feature.
• Perfect formatting in rich text compatible with Kindle’s Text-to-Speech features.
• A low, can't-say-no price!

Fourteen Complete Works

All fourteen of L. Frank Baum's Oz books, in order and unabridged. Books included:

1. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900)* Includes Original Illustrations by W.W. Denslow!
2. The Marvelous Land of Oz (1904)
3. Ozma of Oz (1907)
4. Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz (1908)
5. The Road to Oz (1909)
6. The Emerald City of Oz (1910)
7. The Patchwork Girl of Oz (1913)
8. Tik-Tok of Oz (1914)
9. The Scarecrow of Oz (1915)
10. Rinkitink in Oz (1916)
11. The Lost Princess of Oz (1917)
12. The Tin Woodman of Oz (1918)
13. The Magic of Oz (1919)
14. Glinda of Oz (1920)

Beyond the Yellow Brick Road

Also included are special features for any Oz enthusiast, including:

• A complete list of all Oz books in the official canon by other authors.
• A list of Oz films and television series, both directly and indirectly inspired by L. Frank Baum’s masterpiece.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of all the Oz books in this collection

This version has illustrations and has all of the books in one location. However, if person doesn't need the illustration or just wants the books free, I am including the Gutenberg Project's link for the author:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/42

Frankly, I would rather pay the $0.99 since I had fond memories of going to the library and checking out the paperback versions and really liking a few of the series. I hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
another $0.99 alternative provided by creveclover

Oz (All 15 Books, Ultimate Collection) (Kindle Edition)
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I loved these books as a kid. I'm thinking I might have to get this so I can re-read them. And I love the original illustrations, so I definitely think it's worth the $0.99 to get them.

rated:
I'm in! Great books! Thanks!

rated:
Heads up, from a review on Amazon: "What they don't tell you is that the ebook just has links to Libravox recordings, which aren't very good in my experience (but I haven't tested out the OZ books). The illustrations are cool, but the JPG compression on them makes them look pretty grainy. The bottom line is that these books are already free and in the public domain. But if you're too lazy to go collect them yourself, this isn't a bad option. It's hard to argue with 99 cents." - http://www.amazon.com/review/R2DTQKHIPSJ3KU/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?i...

rated:
Wasn't that thrilled with the movie channel series, doubt I'll read the books.
How did end anyway, they close the prison?

rated:
I saw the television version, and I gotta say, there was a lot more prison rape than I was expecting.

rated:
ezwrighter said:   Heads up, from a review on Amazon: "What they don't tell you is that the ebook just has links to Libravox recordings, which aren't very good in my experience (but I haven't tested out the OZ books). The illustrations are cool, but the JPG compression on them makes them look pretty grainy. The bottom line is that these books are already free and in the public domain. But if you're too lazy to go collect them yourself, this isn't a bad option. It's hard to argue with 99 cents." - http://www.amazon.com/review/R2DTQKHIPSJ3KU/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?i...
The publisher replied to this review as follows:
Thank you for your feedback. We have updated the book with a new edition that features illustrations with a higher file size, resulting in greater quality. You can view the difference in the book preview. If you would like a replacement copy, or a refund of your purchase, please send us an email at: info@maplewoodbooks.com. Thank you for your purchase, and we value your feedback.

rated:
thanks for posting this, vivyip!

rated:
15 books in one

This .99 cent version has 15 books? 

rated:
CreveCoeur said:   15 books in one 

This .99 cent version has 15 books? 

Well, fwiw, it's a different publisher/editor(?)

Oz (All 15 Books, Ultimate Collection) (Kindle Edition)
This tremendous " Wizard of Oz: Ultimate Collection " series comes with the following great features:

• The complete original text of all 15 books about Wizard of Oz;
• Free audiobook access to full-length recordings of books in the collection;
• Clean formatting designed to fit any screen size;
• An easy-to-use active table of contents;
• BONUS - L. Frank Baum's Influence - Film and TV adaptations, L. Frank Baum in Theater, Literature, and Comics;
• BONUS - Most Famous Quotes from L. Frank Baum!

The following "Wizard of Oz" books by L. Frank Baum are included in this wonderful collection:

• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
• The Marvelous Land of Oz
• Ozma of Oz
• Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
• The Road to Oz
• The Emerald City of Oz
• The Patchwork Girl of Oz
• Tik-Tok of Oz
• The Scarecrow of Oz
• Rinkitink in Oz
• The Lost Princess of Oz
• The Tin Woodman of Oz
• The Magic of Oz
• Glinda of Oz
• BONUS - Surprise Book (with beautiful original illustrations)

I think the difference between this and the OP is the bonuses/extras due to the publisher/editor, not sure.

rated:
Oh.  I thought Amazon was selling books for 99c an oz.

rated:
Nice find OP, Thanks, Green!

rated:
While 99 cents is cheap, aren't these books free public domain books anyway?

rated:
Thanks OP great find...

rated:
rabbitt92 said:   While 99 cents is cheap, aren't these books free public domain books anyway?
Yup. Books by Baum on Project Gutenburg: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/42

rated:
Awesome I want some...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014