• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if anyone is interested, I saw this on Reddit. Sold on Amazon by Computer Upgrade King

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkServer-TS140-70A4000HUX-Comput...

Next cheapest price are a few other sellers for $265.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
9 differnet version available from the posted $230 deal
Processor: IntelŪ Core i3-4130 processor 3.4 GHz, 2C, 4M Cache, 1.00 GT/s, 65W
RAM: 1 x 4 GB PC3-12800E 1600MHz DDR3 ECC-UDIMM UDIMM / 4 Slots Total
Hard Drive: NONE installed with 3 vacant 3.5'' bays / RAID: Software supporting 0, 1, 5 Levels
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM / Power Supply: 280W Fixed / Networking: Gigabit Ethernet (Integrated)

All the way to this $1200 power house

• Processor: IntelŪ CoreTM i7-4770 Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, 3.40GHz - 3.90GHz) 84W
  • RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz | Hard Drive: 3 x 3TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 5
  • Operating System: NO OPERATING SYSTEM PROVIDED. For Windows Home Server 2011, search B00FKJNU0S. For Windows 7 Professional 64, search B00FKJNVGQ | Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
  • Computer Upgrade King sells computers with upgraded configurations. If the computer has modifications (listed below), then the manufacturer box is opened for it to be tested and inspected and to install the upgrades to achieve the specifications as advertised. If no modifications are listed, the item is unopened and untested. Defects & blemishes are significantly reduced by our in depth inspection & testing.
  • The following components are upgraded by Computer Upgrade King Technicians: CPU, RAM, Hard Drive | A 3-Year Onsite NBD Warranty through Lenovo is included with this purchase. See Product description for more details.

rated:
Thinking about this as the upgrade to the N40L

rated:
Good deal. CPU by itself is $120. If you could fit 4 HDDs and a RAID card into this case it would be a great low cost media server.  I know it says "3 vacant bays" but the first review on Amazon says it can accommodate 2 "well ventilated" drives and 2 "not-so-well ventilated" drives.  Probably take out the optical and fit another drive there too.

rated:
Does it have integrated graphics if I'm not planning to do gaming?  Is it brand new or refurb?  Any factory warranty if it doesn't say "3-year on-site NBD" since it's "modded" by the seller?

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   Does it have integrated graphics if I'm not planning to do gaming?  Is it brand new or refurb?  Any factory warranty if it doesn't say "3-year on-site NBD" since it's "modded" by the seller?
  It has 2 display ports. Yes.It Has integrated graphic card.

rated:
Price has increased to $250.

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   Price has increased to $250.
  I like how Amazon uses their alogarithms when their products sell, they increase the price.

rated:
ElGuache said:   
LongDongSilver said:   Price has increased to $250.
  I like how Amazon uses their alogarithms when their products sell, they increase the price.

You liked it I hate it!

rated:
I've had a tab open for this server for the last 6 months.. I didn't pull the trigger when it was at $200 and then watched the price fluctuate by over $150 for the same spec/config. Keep watching it and the price will go down again.

rated:
Hard to decide. So many underused desktops and laptops at home, but this seems a good deal for those that needs one and don't mind adding OS, HD & more ram.

rated:
Price back to $230.  Must resist.

rated:
Price dropped a whopping $0.07.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.