QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Chevrolet Performance GM Goodwrench 350ci Engine $1259.97 w FREE Shipping @ Ebay

Last page
5 of 5
+9
Kaadamson
8/27/14 6:38 AM
I don't have a need for an engine right now, but at this price I'm getting two just in case.
ScottMalinowski
8/27/14 8:46 AM
cyberseller2005 said:   

Does it have cams!?

This engine has the heads installed and the timing cover and is NOT Overhead CAM...

So I would say your answer is Yes.
howiez69
8/27/14 1:45 PM
webdoctors said:   

I wish I knew how to replace the engine on a car, that's the ultimate in manhood street cred

I wish you were right, I can do it, i've done it dozens of times. I still put my pants on one leg at a time just like you and everybody else here. No street cred here. I quit all my v8 projects when 2nd child was born.  About the only cred I got is when my 18yr old smoked a clutch in our 95 prizm and i replaced it and it is a daily driver again. So NOW my 18 and 16 yr old are impressed with my mechanical skills, again, not helping me anywhere else...
leprechanmonkie said:   

Anyone know if this would fit in a 96 suburban?

Don't see why not, unless your 'burban has a BBC (can't recall if they offered a Diesel model), it would be a standard Chev small block v8, heck i squeezed one of these babies into an S10 blazer back in my day. You may have to swap your oil pan depending on your front axle clearance, 4x4 or 2x4.
cyberseller2005 said:   

Does it have cams!?

cam(s)? Nope, only 1...

Nice deal though, seriously, starting with a solid long block and a warranty, DEAL.
pLaYaMiKe
8/27/14 6:50 PM
Skidpalace said:   

If you are going to take the time to swap in a motor, then you may as well drop this in:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Performance-19166392-Anniversary-Edition-BB-Chevy-All-Aluminum-427-ZL1-/310637389213?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item48536e659d

Will this fit in the Camry then?
nsdp
8/27/14 9:26 PM
There are a number of variations.  The 1990's Caprices had an automatic with a different bolt pattern for the torque converter/flex plate to the crank shaft so the crank has to be correct. Helped a neighbor's kid(10 years ago) replace one he blew up and that was an experience finding the right bolt pattern for the converter.  The cam may be wrong for your carburation/fuel injection.  They do not use the same cam profiles don't use the FI cam on a carb car or you will flunk smog tests. The firing sequence may be different also.  Chevy generally used one firing sequence in the trucks and  cars. Most are 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.  LS and some vans are 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3(late 60's camaros have this order).  If you have an electronic ignition you will need to stay with the same firing order or be prepared to completely rewire the ignition.  Off road use 350's (marine use commonly) are 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 since they are not emissions certified and this is done to keep them off road.
nsdp
8/27/14 9:57 PM
Just tracked down the info by the part number. This won't work with an automatic trans as it is set up with a crankshaft for a manual tranny.  There should be an available flex plate for an automatic engine part no 10067353-2. JEGS should let you specify which you want.  The heads are from the 1970's- mid to late 80's so EFI intake manifold from later years won't fit.   Water crossover passages are different.  It is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. 
chilig
8/27/14 10:21 PM
Can you find new standard factory engines for new-ish cars like this? I can only ever seem to find remanufactured ones by random companies. Like if had a 2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi - I can't find a new engine on the google.
lexcurat
8/28/14 12:08 AM
bones774 said:   

Anybody know if i could repower my boat with this engine? I already have the same gm350 block with mercruiser parts, Carb, starter and alternator..thanks

As others have stated, boat motors need lots of torque.  But even if you make the mod, the engine isn't going to last under long-term use.

Boat motors have to put out constantly high torque to push the boat through the water.  Unlike a car engine, which uses a bit of grunt and then mostly coasts due to low air resistance.  The difference is, you'll rip the heart out of a car motor when trying to use it in a boat, because it isn't build for constant high-torque output.  Or maybe that's why you need a new boat motor now.
+1
dzer0
8/28/14 1:57 AM
You're kind of right, if you compared the lifespan of marine engines and truck engines in operating hours the truck wins hands down because it's operated at lower rpm and less throttle. But, internals on a marine 350 and a street 350 are essentially identical. When I bought my Malibu I chose direct drive over outboard because repowering is so much cheaper. Like 25k less
Last page
5 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.