• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Rakuten has both Monoprice 27" WQHD monitors on sale. 

27" IPS Zero G for $279.99 ($321.99 - $42 instant coupon), free shipping
27" IPS Glass Panel Pro for $349.99 ($386.99 - $37 instant coupon), free shipping

Best prices I've seen!  Both monitors are are WQHD 2560X1440 resolution.  The more expensive monitor offers additional ports (DisplayPort and HDMI) in additional to the Dual Link DVI and VGA.  It also guarantees no dead pixels, though I don't recall the dead pixel policy on the lower cost model.  Remember, you'll need a compatible video card and use either DisplayPort or Dual Link DVI to get the higher resolution.  It comes with a Dual Link DVI cable (a normal DVI cable does not support the higher resolution).  Price is much closer to the less expensive 1920X1080 monitors and of course, significantly lower than name brand WQHD monitors.  Main knock on these panels is the stand.

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

monitor (35.69kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If I hadn't recently bought a monitor, I'd be all over the Glass Panel Pro. Nice deal lambo881, thanks!

rated:
Man I wish it was a different seller. I was burned in a purchase from Rakuten and vowed to no longer give them my business. This is tempting though.

rated:
Anyone know how bad the glare is on the Glass Panel Pro?  I'm not gaming; this would be for work (email, Excel, etc.).  So I'm afraid the overhead office lights are going to shine all over the glass.

rated:
lambo881 said:   Rakuten has both Monoprice 27" WQHD monitors on sale. 

27" IPS Zero G for $279.99 ($321.99 - $42 instant coupon), free shipping
27" IPS Glass Panel Pro for $349.99 ($386.99 - $37 instant coupon), free shipping

Best prices I've seen!  Both monitors are are WQHD 2560X1440 resolution.  The more expensive monitor offers additional ports (DisplayPort and HDMI) in additional to the Dual Link DVI and VGA.  It also guarantees no dead pixels, though I don't recall the dead pixel policy on the lower cost model.  Remember, you'll need a compatible video card and use either DisplayPort or Dual Link DVI to get the higher resolution.  It comes with a Dual Link DVI cable (a normal DVI cable does not support the higher resolution).  Price is much closer to the less expensive 1920X1080 monitors and of course, significantly lower than name brand WQHD monitors.  Main knock on these panels is the stand.

I have some Auria 2560x1440 monitors.   I am using them with DP, but I tried one with VGA.  VGA was working at 2560x1440 with my Lenovo Laptop also.

rated:
DaCurryman said:   Anyone know how bad the glare is on the Glass Panel Pro?  I'm not gaming; this would be for work (email, Excel, etc.).  So I'm afraid the overhead office lights are going to shine all over the glass.

This supposedly has an (non-aggressive) AG coating, and I remember reading at least one review that said there was glare, but not an overwhelming amount.  I am so tempted to jump on this, but I keep hearing that those 4K IPS monitors are right around the corner...

rated:
thats an awesome deal

rated:
Why is this better than: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1386360/

The Acer seems to be cheaper. It has good spec too.

rated:
SSi said:   Why is this better than: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1386360/ 

The Acer seems to be cheaper. It has good spec too.

Reading reviews, the Acer seems to suffer from back-light bleed.  The Monoprice guarantee on the Pro version applies to dead pixels and supposedly also applies to back-light bleed.

rated:
Using the Zero G here that I got from a FW deal back in March for $10 more. No complaints whatsoever. But yeah, the stand is very flimsy. Fortunately, my desk is a corner "L" unit with the monitor in the corner so it's very stable and I don't notice it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014