• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Galaxy Note 3
Disclaimer
Micro Center has the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB Smartphone (AT&T)†for $399.99 w/ $5.99 shipping.

• 5.7" 1920 x 1080 Resolution Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core 2300MHz Processor
  • 32GB Internal Storage
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS

Member Summary

galaxy s3 32gb
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The S-pen functionality makes these devices very useful.

bozo007 (Sep. 04, 2014 @ 12:47a) |

oos

coolmind (Sep. 04, 2014 @ 10:44a) |

i just informally tested some hd vs. super hd 7 and 8 inch tablets side by side with hd movies. The best pics had nothin... (more)

tomdc (Sep. 07, 2014 @ 9:28p) |

Staff Summary
This topic is also a Best Deal.
$399.99
(was $664.99)
$5.99 Shipping
Micro Center
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can be unlocked for $25

Note 4 is out tomorrow.

f2000sa said:   Note 4 is out tomorrow.
† For $800 vs $400: metal case (don't care with OtterBox case), same display, probably 15% faster (hard to notice in real life, most likely just battery eater), glitchy fingerprint scanner. Is it 200% better?

"Free with 2 year agreement" for those interested.

The new Nexus with probably about the same screen size should be out in a few weeks at about $400. I'm a 100% Nexus vs Sammy guy- hate the Sammy bloatware and love the Nexus state-of-the-art specs.†

Dead, they canceled my order due to it being OOS.

all my past attempts to buy too-good-to-be-true priced phones from MicroCenter were all cancelled due to OOS.
in my experience their deals are always dead to begin with.

tomdc said:   The new Nexus with probably about the same screen size should be out in a few weeks at about $400. I'm a 100% Nexus vs Sammy guy- hate the Sammy bloatware and love the Nexus state-of-the-art specs.†

It's WAY too early make any comparison involving the new Nexus, unless you know something I don't. I've seen at least three different predicted screen sizes and nothing beyond guesses on the price or release date.

Having moved from the Note 3 to the S5, I can tell you that if you want to use the Note 3 as a phone, good luck. It is a terrible device reception. Do some google searches.

I wonder if they corrected the problem with the Note 4.

tomdc said:   The new Nexus with probably about the same screen size should be out in a few weeks at about $400. I'm a 100% Nexus vs Sammy guy- hate the Sammy bloatware and love the Nexus state-of-the-art specs.†
††I love Nexus and its simplicity but I have to admit Google usually choose to use mid-range hardware except for the CPU to contain costs...
†I've yet to see one Nexus that comes with top tier hardware..(Camera,†storage....,etc and components other than CPU.)
†Also you never get removable battery and SD card with Nexus.
† In that case, GPE edition phones†would allow best of both worlds but again sometimes sacrifice a bit on functionality or performance.†

mrNorway said:   
† For $800 vs $400: metal case (don't care with OtterBox case), same display, probably 15% faster (hard to notice in real life, most likely just battery eater), glitchy fingerprint scanner. Is it 200% better?

† I agree with you.† I will be buying a NOTE3 instead of of a 4, however they do not have the same displays.† The Note 3 has 1080 x 1920 pixels(~386 ppi pixel density).† While the Note 4 is a QHD display with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (~550 ppi pixel density).† Still not worth the extra cost, but still you want to give everyone the correct info so they can make and informed decision.

View said:   tomdc said:   The new Nexus with probably about the same screen size should be out in a few weeks at about $400. I'm a 100% Nexus vs Sammy guy- hate the Sammy bloatware and love the Nexus state-of-the-art specs.†
††I love Nexus and its simplicity but I have to admit Google usually choose to use mid-range hardware except for the CPU to contain costs...
†I've yet to see one Nexus that comes with top tier hardware..(Camera,†storage....,etc and components other than CPU.)
Also you never get removable battery and SD card with Nexus.
† In that case, GPE edition phones†would allow best of both worlds but again sometimes sacrifice a bit on functionality or performance.†
Never say never. My Galaxy Nexus has removable battery.

Didn't know, thanks. Well, so many more pixels have zero value to me even for $1. You can't see any pixelation on Note 3, at least I can't. There is no point in increasing pixel density 200% on such a small screen. Heck, it is my 27" monitor pushed into less than 6". I need GTX660 video card to run that one OK Now, the Note 4 can be actually slower in real life because of all the extra CPU/GPU load.†

mrNorway said:    Now, the Note 4 can be actually slower in real life because of all the extra CPU/GPU load.†
††

Not necessary. †Note 4 has better CPU/GPU to take the extra load. ††

mrNorway said:   

† Or even 100% better?†

i don't understand the point of qhd on a phone... heck i'm running 1920x1080 on a 27" monitor and have no issues....now squeeze that into a 5.7" display and you get the perspective. more res means more power is needed to drive those extra pixels and less battery life. i wish they would stop this nonsense resolution war that gives no tangible user benefit but unfortunately that is competition and it is what it is.

The Note 4 is nothing more than a large S5 with OIS, S-Pen and a QuadHD screen.

Discuss...

Awesome. Im still making payments on this phone at a price approaching double this! Hell, I still have more than this to pay it off..

Great deal

f2000sa said:   mrNorway said:    Now, the Note 4 can be actually slower in real life because of all the extra CPU/GPU load.†
††

Not necessary. †Note 4 has better CPU/GPU to take the extra load. ††

The S-pen functionality makes these devices very useful.

oos

i just informally tested some hd vs. super hd 7 and 8 inch tablets side by side with hd movies. The best pics had nothing to do with the number of pixels and the regular hd one was the best. Of course contrast and color saturation matter at least as much as pixel count but I'm suspicious that super hd is just artificial pixel doubling.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014